“Highly recommended”
Review of Claridge's Hotel

Claridge's Hotel
Ranked #24 of 30 Hotels in Menton
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We spent 5 nights at this wonderful hotel. Our room was very clean and nice..it was big enough with a nice washroom equipped with bathtub and shower. The room has a TV and a fridge as well...heat and AC. We were very comfortable and it was a very quiet hotel.

The two gentlemen at the desk were always so cheerful and delightful as well as very accommodating with any questions or requests that we had.

It is a hotel that makes you feel very safe.

The location is perfect. The train station is just around the corner, the bus stop is across the street, the casino is at the end of the street. This beautiful street has many many eating places with a good range of prices...2 fruit markets very close by.

It is only a 5 minute walk to the beautiful boardwalk along the water with it's beaches. The Market is not far as well as the grocery store "Carrefour"

It is such a beautiful area. The bus only cost $1.00 Euro that will take you to Monte Carlo and Nice. At Nice, you can take another bus for $1.00 to Caanes...we did it all.

This hotel had it's price advertised outside for $47.20 Euros for 2 and it's a real bargain at this price.

I highly recommend this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to come back.

Room Tip: Our room was 105 and we couldn't ask for any better.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue J

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Nice enough cheap hotel, said full on the door so went in to see if they had a partner hotel they could recommend. Turns out they were not full and took 58 Euros for a clean double room. Difficult to part but 1 min from the station which is ten mins from Monaco so a massif saving on staying in Monaco it's self.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Julian G
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I must admit I was a bit weary of staying here after reading some of the reviews, but in the end I am very glad I decided to stay here. I was in town for the Monaco Yacht Show and was looking for an economical place close by a train station with in a 10 minute train ride to Monaco. Claridge's Hotel did all this and provided strong FREE internet. My single room was clean, made up every day, the service very good despite limited english of some of the attendents. It is a bit noisy being on an intersection and close to the train, but it was really no bother. The windows are double and do a great job. 2 minute walk to the station, 10 minutes or less to the nice historic center with great places to eat, and less than 10 minutes walk to the beach. Economical, clean, and I would stay here again without reservation.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank newportchappy
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I've been in this hotel with my girlfriend in June 2011 and we decided to spend the weekend in Mentone. We choose to stay at Claridge's hotel, but it was a bad decision. The first day we decide to go to the beach leaving personal belongings in the room (money, keys, watches). When we returned in the evening at the hotel we had a surprise: all of our money was gone.
We reported the theft to the reception but Gianmaria (the name of the receptionist) was very grumpy and kept telling us that it was not possible and that its staff worked for him for 10 years.
the police report was useless.
We decided to leave the hotel. In the end we spent more money to search for an available hotel and we was in a state of shock.
I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Danyto82
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I have recently spent 5 days of my honeymoon at Claridge's. One of these days, in the afternoon, me and my wife left the room, we let the key at the reception and went to the beach. When we came back in the evening, after shower, we wanted to use our perfumes as usually but huge surprise: BOTH OUR PERFUMES ARE MISSING!!! We checked everywhere, nothing else was missing but the two perfumes we bought for our wedding and, as we started to use them at the wedding, they were practically new (Chanel Mademoiselle and Dior Homme, both 100 ml). It became clear to me that SOMEONE HAS STOLEN THEM, AND IT WAS SOMEONE OF THE HOTEL STAFF because I left my perfume outside in the hotel room, but my wife, she used to keep it in the baggage, among some clothes. Only someone that entered in our room for cleaning had time to check our luggage and see it. When we announced the hotel's manager, Gianmaria, we had another huge surprise: he said this is not possible, that his personnel was working there for 18 years and we cannot stay there anymore. It was Saturday, we would have left the hotel but no other hotel had available rooms in that weekend. We tried to explain all this to Gianmaria, but his behavior was very aggressive, he was only repeating that it's not possible and we can't stay there anymore. We went at the police station and came back with 2 police officers and the manager changed a little bit his attitude. He offered a settlement (one night free). We lost time in our honeymoon with investigation, police officers, last minute hotel booking and fights with an aggressive hotel manager who couldn’t even fight in English. Also we lost money, because his one night free doesn’t cover our loss. The next morning, when we asked the hotel staff about this, we found out that the manager didn’t ask them a single question about those perfumes and also he had a two weeks new employee. This makes Gianmaria a liar (maybe he has stolen them).
Also, the Wi-Fi doesn’t work all the time and the room has only two 220V sockets, one for TV and one for fridge. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND TERRIBLE STAFF!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank gliviu
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Just for one night to discover Menton. The room is super small and the bed is not so comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2011

This is a very comfortable economy hotel just a block from the train station. Across the street was an outdoor public market; and the beach was less than a mile walk.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo