“Excellent fish restaurant”

Restaurant Le Galion
Reserve with
Restaurant Le Galion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 280 Restaurants in Menton
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent quality, well worth trying. Good choice of dishes and wines. Probably the best restaurant in the area with a large interior and equally large terrace overlooking the port. All the fish courses were freshly made and very tasty. The deserts were very tempting and the flambé peaches fantastic.

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Le Galion

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We pass through Menton as part of a bike tour from Genoa to Cannes and have visited Le Galion for our evening meal for the past two years. It's a great restaurant in lovely surroundings on the marina and all of our 16 guests were impressed with the food and the location. We're always welcomed warmly by the staff, are well looked after and we've never been disappointed with the food. This is one of the highlights to our trip and we plan to return next year!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We stopped for lunch here based on TA reviews and were not disappointed. Even though Menton proper was quite crowded with Fete du Citron visitors, the Garavan area was not and we found parking right near the restaurant for Sunday lunch. I enjoyed a bountiful bagna cauda as a starter, hubby really enjoyed his Coquilles St. Jacques. We both had risottos, his was mixed seafood with mussels, clams and a beautifully cooked langoustine crowning the whole thing, just delish. Mine was also yummy but I confess I was really hoping "crab and artichoke" risotto would yield tangible crab - it was definitely cooked with crab stock, I bit down on several small but bothersome pieces of shell that undoubtedly were used as flavoring. There were flecks of crabmeat, but nothing you could chew and say "yum, that's crab." It was yummy, however, and there were plenty of pieces of artichoke, so overall I don't regret my choice. For dessert we shared "orange au caramel" which I had never had before and it was DIVINE, perfect slices of chilled orange bathed in a vanilla bean caramel sauce with candied strips of orange peel and vanilla pod on top, it was all I could do not to lick the plate! Service was lovely, attentive without being obtrusive. And right on the waterfront so we could (hahaha) walk off all those calories. A most pleasant lunch!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Le Galion last Saturday night. Le Galion is a family owned restaurant that provides excellent service and superb food. Our meal began with some savory pastries, followed by an amuse-bouche of salmon mousse, both offered on the house. My husband and I ordered oysters on the half shell for a starter. They were excellent and we washed them down with champagne. My husband had the salmon tagliatelle and I had raviolis of chevre (goat cheese) and cepes( mushrooms), both of which were delicious. We followed those with Crepes Suzette. We passed on coffee but enjoyed a glass of very good grappa on the house. We have eaten at the Galion many times and never had a less than outstanding meal. We always know that we can expect fresh, well food prepared of the highest standard. The staff are the same year after year and you can always expect a warm welcome even on your first visit. We highly recommend Le Galion!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Lunch.Italian influences at the relatively modern Menton harbour.Parking available with ticket.
Restaurant apparently run by a family.
Friendly service.

Fish very fresh and well prepared.

1  Thank Remco D