“Superb golf course, well worth playing.”

Royal Mougins Golf Club
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Superb golf course, well worth playing.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Excellent marshalling, fantastic 2nd hole, par 3 from a height across a small pool. Fear not there is a dropping zone. Took us some time to play as tees are not obvious from greens - check your course map.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank 11nicky1

• Finnish first
Austin, Texas
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Can't get my head around this course...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Although the people and the service do a great job, the golf course is too chopped up. Strange and quirky are the best adjectives to describe Royal Mougins. The course does not flow well, it seems like a maze of cart paths and streets and bizzare holes. If you like target golf courses then ok, but nobody would find this to be traditional. I dont think I would come back.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Hilly B
Warwick, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Pros:
Most of the staff are friendly and helpful.
Pool area is fantastic--separate baby pool.
Nice balcony on our room (2 lounger chairs, table, 4 chairs, umbrella).
Comfortable bed.
Good breakfast.
Lovely grounds.
Nice kitchenette in our room, plus the hotel was very close (with a car) to several supermarkets.
Cons:
Uncomfortable sofa bed in the suite.
Some of the staff are unprofessional (I watched a waiter drop what appeared to be a bread roll on the floor, put it back on the plate, then serve it to a guest).
Our bathroom was a bit mouldy.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Hole in One!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

It has become a place for me to escape too for a few hours daily when I am in the South of France. I stay in Monaco but do not mind driving to Mougins as it truly is a great place for me to escape too.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank Sebastian G
london uk
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great golf, spa fantastic but Hotel slightly out of the way”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

We booked this hotel as we wanted to be in Mougins, I obviously didn't do my research enough as I thought it would be a stroll away but it was a 10min cab ride away. Reception staff great and very helpful and the car service the hotel provided very good. Our one problem was that the Breakfast staff were very surly, they had specific tables dotted around that you had to sit at, they asked us to move to another table and two other groups of guests, not letting us sit where we wanted, it seemed petty and frankly ridiculous that we were made to feel unwelcome.