“Food is fresh and lively, service is great”
Review of Luc Salsedo - CLOSED

Luc Salsedo
Price range: US$53 - US$76
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our meal at Luc Salsedo was very good. The servers were attentive and friendly, and we had a great table. The food was fresh and 'lively.' The amuse bouche was tasty, with several offerings. I had a delicious salad with fresh local greens and a home prepared vinaigrette as my appetizer. The main my husband and I both chose was the Sea Bream, served with polenta, mashed potatoes and green vegetables (including wild asparagus). We were served a Custard with a Raspberry Coulis before our selected dessert, Apple and Cinnamon French Toast with Salted Caramel Ice Cream and Caramel Sauce. The dessert was outstanding. Coffee was appropriately served with French Macaroons and 'regular' Macaroons. Just a wonderful meal, and to top it all off, it was two doors away from the apartment we had rented.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Delicious and stylish preparation of food without being too fussy. The staff works hard to ensure excellent service as well. The husband and wife owners are gracious hosts. A special place for us on our first visit to Nice. Ask about the socca chips too.

1  Thank billyb52
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The three-course meal was delicious and moderately priced. The pea soup was the best, chicken entree tender with crispy skin, and the chocolate dessert tasty. Service was great. we had made reservation via email easily.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

While in Nice, my husband and I dined here. The service was very good, and the Chef himself came out to greet his guests. The wine was good (a rose' from the region) and our meals were good. I had the salad to start (my husband had the cold split pea soup). For the entree, I had the chicken breast and my husband had the fish. For dessert, we both had the pain Perdue. Overall, it was good but a bit pricey. Earlier, we dined at Olive and Artichaut,which was maybe a tad better and a much better value for the price.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We visited Luc Salsedo's again and were welcomed as ever. The restaurant was very busy and that may explain why we were a bit disappointed. The food remains excellent and is very well presented. The decor is very special. The menu has three choices for each course. There are various chef bouches to challenge the pallet too and it all adds up to a filling meal. This time the spaces between courses, particularly be gore the main course, were unacceptably long. Then five plates of the fish dish came out yo people at five different tables. A few minutes later, I got my meat dish. It was beef steak and much too chewy. We still had a good meal but not quite as good as on previous visits.