“Male Receptionist needs course in Customer Service”

Appart'hotel Odalys Palais Rossini
Ranked #5 of 54 Speciality Lodging in Nice
Kildare
“Male Receptionist needs course in Customer Service”
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I was very disappointed in this accommodation which I booked for my family who were visiting Nice. One of the reasons I booked this hotel was that it advertised the fact it had air conditioning......... which did not work and when I pointed this out to the receptionist on the third occasion he just grinned and said "I know it does not work"....... no attempt to apologise for the inconvenience or that he might try to have it fixed for us......His untoward manner ruined an otherwise ideal location to stay when in Nice..... His racist remarks were not welcomed either and when I said that I found his remarks objectionable hisanswer was that he was entitled to air his opinion - I disagree - not to clients of the hotel....... also I was not impressed by the fact that he tried to overcharge 50 eurofor the room that he claimed was not clean - I asked to inspect the room with him and on doing so he had to admit a mistake........ i think this particular member of staff needs some training in public relations........ what a pity that one person can effect the impression of an otherwise reasonable accommodation.....

Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank BertsKildare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Turkish first
Dubai , UAE
Reviewed 1 June 2009

I shared an apartment (sleeps 4) with my Mum, who is 77 years old. As She doesn't like lifts, so we walked up the stairs to the 4th floor. (Our choice).The air conditioning was not working, and as the weather was hot , we had to leave the windows open. As a result, the mosquitoes had a feast on my poor Mum. We notified the Receptionist, but nothing was done. So my poor Mum had to suffer for 3 nights with no a/c!. Then on each night, our swipe keys did not work, so I had to go back down to reception on each occasion in order for them to "electronically ok the swipe card"!. They forgot to give us the remote for the t.v whilst checking in, so this was another trip down to them.
My friends also stayed here at the same time and the receptionist wanted to charge them 50 Euro as their room was "left in a mess". On investigation it was found, that their room was exceptionally tidy (according to the cleaner). The receptionist also made a racist remark about them being Irish! When confronted about the charge of 50 Euros and the racist remark, he apoligised and agreed that he was wrong. He was basically taking unfair advantage of 4 young Irish girls. I travel all over the world and am very quick to write compliments and very slow to write complaints. But on this occasion, I feel it necessary to warn other prospective clients. I am also willing to allow for workers having "Off Days", but not so patient when it lasts for 4 days and involves a 77 year old woman who should be treated with respect. I would not reccommend anyone to stay here if they are looking for a stress free break, whilst staying in Nice. The rest of our holiday was perfect with fabulous staff in all the restaurants that we went to.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank JetsetterDubai_UAE

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

Travellers also viewed these Nice hotels
Ajoupa Apart'hotel Nice
#128 of 205 in Nice
Thiers / Train Station
Ibis Styles Nice Centre Gare
Hotel Ozz By HappyCulture

Been to Appart'hotel Odalys Palais Rossini? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Appart'hotel Odalys Palais Rossini

Property: Appart'hotel Odalys Palais Rossini
Address: 57 boulevard Gambetta, 06000 Nice, France
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #5 of 54 Speciality Lodging in Nice
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Appart'hotel Odalys Palais Rossini 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Appart'hotel Odalys Palais Rossini reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.