“Best Pizza ever”

Neighbourhood: Jardin Albert 1er
London, United Kingdom
“Best Pizza ever”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

After a long long time this place delighted us with their awesome authentic Italian pizzas. The rest of the stuff was nice as well...but man...what pizzas !!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank teddy374

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Nice gnocchi!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I went here with my family in September and it was very pleasant. The service was a bit slow but the atmosphere and food were great. I loved the gnocchi. My Dad had a Pizza which, for Nice, was very reasonably priced, and pretty tasty. The only thing I didn't really like was that the tables were all very close together and I felt like I was eating with strangers. They should space out the tables and try not to cram so many people outside. Around 8pm this place gets very busy.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joanne E
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Pizza and People Watching!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Not really sure where we wanted to stop and grab a bite, we choose La Taverne Massena as it was one of the busiest street side eateries we had passed. The pizza is huge and the people watching is great - there were even several streetside entertainers that performed along the street while we dined. For our meal, we took the servers recommendation and had the egg plant pizza. Though not the best pizza I have ever had, it is well above average and the hot chili oil they have on the table really makes it! For dessert, we shared the profiteroles. When it came out I thought they had goofed and given us a double-order - the serving size was HUGE, but so was the taste.

Taverne Massena is defintely worth trying - or stop by La Pizza, their sister restaurant...same menu, same experience, just a few blocks down.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank rdubbs08
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Dreadful Pizza - don't even think of dining here”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

As my mum and I were growing huungry from a long walk in the old town, we had the bad luck of stopping at this restaurant - this was one of my worst dining experiences. When I read that they make pizza since 1956 I thought compelled to choose Pizza (with aubergines) - my mother went for a margherita. The pizzas did not arrive at the same time, but god forbid this was nothing compared to the quality of them - truly uneatable. Fully covered with cheap cheese, dough was uncooked, possibly frozen but surely not given the time to rise in the oven. I left most of it and so did my mother who was understandably mad. Of course I did not leave any tip, shame because the service was good, the waiter even asked me if I had liked it - which I answered, "je ne l'aurais pas laisse dans l'assiette s'il m'avait plu". with 2 glasses of wine and a beer, 36 euro thrown into the garbage. I love France, but please never ever try to eat Italian in France, they have no idea, they screw it up regularly - other than in Germany, UK for example - possibly that's got to do with the Italian immigration to those countriesand not to france or probably with the French hubris that in matter of food they've got nothing to learn - but they have, oh yes do they have!!!

• Visited September 2013
Harderwijk, Gelderland, Netherlands
“Good atmosphere, big portions and very good staff.”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Terrasse was full so we had to wait a while, but the host kindly managed the queue and gave us a nice table.
Serving was quick, without the feeling of a rush.
Food is average. My pizza had a thick bottom and had too much cheese. My wife's chicken was spot on nice.
In the end I would really recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013