“Amazing meal, WOW.”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jardin Albert 1er
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We loved this place. The decor is great and the food was just as good. This place is always busy and I know why. Service is fine, a little on the slow side, but not an issue at all. The pizza was one of the best I have ever had (from NY area so I know great pizza). The smell from the pizza oven inside will make you hungry again. The steak was cooked and tasted perfect. The desserts were home made and great also. Tiramisu & Fondant Au Chocolat were a perfect finishing to a great meal. I will go again. They also have another restaurant right up the street that is always just as busy. They know what they are doing.

2  Thank jason k

Reviewed 22 October 2013

It was one of the only busy places by place Massena so we thought it would be great. However, the food was greasy and service was slow.

My friend ordered and was given the wrong food then the waiter argued with her. Completely unnacceptable.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

After a long long time this place delighted us with their awesome authentic Italian pizzas. The rest of the stuff was nice as well...but man...what pizzas !!

1  Thank teddy374
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I went here with my family in September and it was very pleasant. The service was a bit slow but the atmosphere and food were great. I loved the gnocchi. My Dad had a Pizza which, for Nice, was very reasonably priced, and pretty tasty. The only thing I didn't really like was that the tables were all very close together and I felt like I was eating with strangers. They should space out the tables and try not to cram so many people outside. Around 8pm this place gets very busy.

1  Thank Joanne E
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Not really sure where we wanted to stop and grab a bite, we choose La Taverne Massena as it was one of the busiest street side eateries we had passed. The pizza is huge and the people watching is great - there were even several streetside entertainers that performed along the street while we dined. For our meal, we took the servers recommendation and had the egg plant pizza. Though not the best pizza I have ever had, it is well above average and the hot chili oil they have on the table really makes it! For dessert, we shared the profiteroles. When it came out I thought they had goofed and given us a double-order - the serving size was HUGE, but so was the taste.

Taverne Massena is defintely worth trying - or stop by La Pizza, their sister restaurant...same menu, same experience, just a few blocks down.

1  Thank rdubbs08