All reviewshotel massenetpedestrianised shoppingroller shuttergreat locationthe busold towngood sizecentral locationpedestrian areaquiet side streetsea frontnice showerlarge bathroommonte carlorue massenacafes and restaurantsstayed here for nights
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I checked into this hotel, and the first room was really not big enough. I am 6'5" tall travelling through Europe. The second room was absolutely fine. There was a large restroom, and the bed was the usual french rock hard, and the french doors were lovely and super dangerous. I am not sure if it was the water, or just the hotel, but it truly had a strong smell, sort of like sulfur.
I did not complain, I just kept my bags zipped closed..... YES, it was that strong!
The gent working as a baggage handler and the car valet was a lovely man who ought to be in a much more important role at that hotel. The location of this hotel is absolutely second to none!
The only thing to beware of is the artwork of Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly, and those of the like truly super super tacky!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank houstonwi
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Great location, just off the Promenade and off the pedestrian area. Right near Old town.
I had arranged for parking on site. We just pulled up, reception came out, we gave our name and were shown the garage. Only bring a small car, tight fit of course. 10 euro for very safe and secure parking in Nice.
Staff was very nice. We came up from the parking garage and was handed our key. We received a map with our "vous etes ici" dot and given plenty of laughs. Went for a run in the morning and left the key. Upon walking in, the key was immediately handed back. Small touches like smiles and friendly go the extra mile.
Our room was brown and blue. Brown shag but not like the crud from my childhood home, nice soft and plush. Nice furniture in the room. Bathroom was nicely appointed, with real hair dryer and lots of towels. Only wish I had more time to spend here.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Flashby
Reviewed 22 September 2009

The hotel is near the best part of town, which is the old town (viuxe nice). The service in the reception was great, but the housekeeper forget to refill paper and toiletrys. 100 metres to the beach. Breakfast is expensive, much cheaper in the lokal cafe´s. The room was very quiet.

1  Thank Jörgen H
Reviewed 19 September 2009

Would really recommend this hotel. The rooms and bathroom were large and its very close the main front in Nice but without the traffic noise. A/C worked perfectly for us also.

Reception were incredibly friendly and spoke excellent English.

There are no views from the hotel as it is tucked into a back street but it did not bother us. Also a very strange purple shag pile carpert in the room but hey-ho!

Great hotel.

1  Thank kristyw
Reviewed 15 September 2009

The staff are very friendly, they changed our room from a double to a twin (as it was for me and my mum) when we arrived. The room was a great size and nice to have different decoration instead of the usual bland colours of most hotels. We had the room for 3 nights (£300) which we booked online. The location is fantastic, close to everything and great base to explore nice and all the other wonderfull places. Bus 100 from the main bus station takes you to Monte Carlo, for 1 euro definatley a great day trip. The breakfast is basic but fresh produce and is cheaper than most the cafes and restaurants around the area. We did not need to use the air con as we had a nice breeze from the balconey and has it is a quite street you do not get disturbed.
The hotel is great value for monie however it is a small hotel and not a huge amount of facilities, the hallways are a bit grotty but when your in Nice you hardly ever stay in the hotel anyway!
TIP: take shoes that you can wear in the sea as the beach is not sand it is pebals and can be a little struggle getting in to the sea with bare feet!

2  Thank Nicola84