“Unparallelled excellence”
Review of La Route Du Miam

La Route Du Miam
Reserve with
La Route Du Miam is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,974 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This might just be the most interesting meal you might ever have! Marie and Jean-Michel will take you on a gastronomic tour de force of south-west France! Small, cosy and eclectic, the hosts will make you feel right at home, as if eating in their own home! Food is beyond compare. Duck fat is good for you!!! Book early, is it amost impossible to get a reservation without advance notice. I saw Marie turn away several potential clients during our evening. It will be worth the wait! Possibly THE BEST MEAL I have EVER had in a restaurant!
Merci à Marie et Jean-Michel pour une soirée inoubliable! Je vous embrasse du Canada!!

1  Thank Randy1958

Reviewed 1 July 2014

A wonderful husband and wife collaboration makes for the type of restaurant that you rarely come across. From the moment you arrive Marie makes you feel as though she was entertaining you at her home. Meanwhile the smell of Jean Michelle's cooking gets your mouth watering.

The menu is proudly South West French, with duck and natural foie gras being the headline attractions. We both went for duck and were amazed by the portion size (half a duck each) and trimmings. My wife ate faster than I did, which never happens and is testament to the quality of the food (in the end I proved that the tortoise wins the race though :)).

We had no room for anything else except great conversation with the owners. If we are ever back in Nice we will definitely return.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I celebrated our Wedding Anniversary with Marie and Jean Michelle proprietors Lu Route du Miam recently. We caught the tram from Massena stop ( city ) to Borriglione stop ( €1.50) 10 minute journey. A short walk on your left you will find 1 Moliere Rue. The greeting upon arrival at the restaurant was an overwhelming welcome from Marie who is eager to assist with any topic you may wish to chat about. She is precious. Her husband of 28 years is the Chef preparing the very traditional French food in this tiny kitchen; recipes that have been handed down over generations in his family. I had the Duck ( no 2) on the menu list whilst my wife enjoyed the Duck steak. Marie matched the wine complimenting the whole food experience. The servings are adequate , however we shared a soufflé Grand Mariner to finish the evening.This plate was fantastic and up there as being one of the best Dessert dishes we have eaten. Total cost €98. No pomp and ceremony just a lovely night in the traditional French way. Thank you and compliments to the Chef!

1  Thank johnelsworthy
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Fantastic. Very Friendly atmosphere. Excellent family food cooked with attention to detail. I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank birmin1
Reviewed 17 June 2014

La route du Miam is a unique experience.
I believe you should try this place and you will love it.
However be prepared not to digest the food till 24 hours later.
The pate is unique, creamy and flavoured and it's a pity to leave food on the plate.
It is expensive, costs 25 euro per plate but it's worth.. Both Marie (hostess)& Jean Michelle(chef) interact with you..Marie bit pushy, though. :)

1  Thank Triestina114