I have stayed at several Novotel's and, in general, love the hotel chain: large rooms, free Wi-Fi, minibar/microwave, pool, movies on demand, location and price.
My stay in Aug. though left me very concerned. One evening, my family and I went outside for dinner at the Italian restaurant (quality/prices not good), when I needed to use the bathroom. I checked inside the restaurant - no bathroom - , I checked by the pool - door locked-, I went inside the hotel and the reception bathroom would not open without a key. I asked the young lady at the desk, who saw me go to the locked bathroom, if she could please loan me a key. He response was , "Don't you have one?" "Yes, but it's outside at the restaurant." She then began raising her voice with me, saying to get away from that side of the bar. Mind you, I was not at all "behind" the bar. I had walked directly from the bathroom to the closest bar area. She continued to raise her voice. I asked again if she could loan me a key. She coded a new one and flipped it on the counter. When I returned from the bathroom I put the key back down at the bar. She then rudely yelled after me, "Merci." I later returned to the bar and told her I have never been treated so rudely at a hotel. She seemed unconcerned and unapologetic. I later returned and asked to see the manager to further discuss, again the manager seemed unconcerned. Another strange thing...our soap dispensers were empty. When on the second day they were not filled, my husband took the bottle out of the holder and put it by the sink, so the cleaners could see it was empty. When we returned to the room, the bottle was missing and no new one was in the dispenser. When I phoned downstairs to let them know, someone came up to "inspect." Both my husband and I felt they were implying that we took it.
I do, love the Novotel concept, and am not one to complain. I am not difficult to please, and have never been displeased with a hotel. I'm generally happy with service, even when others are not. I draw the line at not just poor costumer service, but at rude costumer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recharge your batteries at the Novotel Suites Nice Airport hotel. This 4-star hotel is located just 5 minutes from the Mediterranean and is perfect for family holidays, romantic breaks and business trips. Enjoy our comfortable modular Suites that can be converted into meeting rooms for your business meetings. Relish a snack in our friendly dining area or in the privacy of your own room. Relax by our private outdour pool or stroll along the Promenade des Anglais. Make the most of the sunshine at Novotel Suites. Free shuttle to the airport all day long on demand at the hotel. Public paying car park on site. Playground for kids that are free in room and for breakfast until 16 years old with their parents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, ACCOR, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Suites Nice Aeroport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Novotel Nice Aeroport Arenas Hotel Nice
- Accor Nice Aeroport Arenas