“Fast turnover cafe - that allowed me to linger”

Gelateria Pinocchio
Ranked #46 of 49 Dessert in Nice
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Jardin Albert 1er
“Fast turnover cafe - that allowed me to linger”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

As a solo traveller it isn’t always easy to sit alone in a café.

On two nights I found a corner here and spent the best part of 3 hours people watching. The staff kept me plied with wine and food – thoise that served me were pleasant and responsive (I could see that not all the staff were so patient).

I also saw that their main business was quick throughput. In and out so the negative reviews are not a surprise.

I was lucky I think and had two pleasant experiences in a café that know that its customers are visiting and probably will not be seen again. The food and wine were average but the location is great.

• Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
“Awful. Absolute Disaster”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Super rude waiter. Not only didn't he let us share one hot chocolate for two, but he also asked us not to HUG. The guy was very impolite. We left after a loud argument with him. Never ever go there.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ev_Melekhovets
London
“Oh My Goodness Do Not Go Here!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We went to this restaurant for Breakfast this morning, we were a party of 10. Starting with the good, the view is fantastic.
We ordered le petit déjuner and 8 Euros each, not cheap but not ridiculous either. We waited for quite a while then the waiter came with a tray laden with juice and coffee, he handed out one of the juices and dropped another, the contents of it all over one of our party and the glass shattered on the floor, okay so an accident, they happen, we get that. He shuffled off with barely an apology leaving her soaking in sticky juice, coming back several minutes later with toilet paper for her use to clean herself. Still no apology and the broken glass stayed on the floor. The baguettes arrived along with a replacement juice, to be fair the baguettes were very very nice, sadly they did not all arrive at the same time, and bits of the order were left off. When settling the bill we asked for a discount due to the damaged blouse, he refused and in fact was combative, aggressive and rude. If it were possible to give no stars I would! No amount of a good view can make this a place worth visiting. You have been warned.

• Visited May 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“I would go to Nice just for the Gelato!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The best Gelato I have ever had! The choice is reason alone to go. Where else can you decide between coconut and cactus?!

Visited April 2014
Wiesbaden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Experience of Our Whole Trip”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stopped in so our kids could have dessert. We were the only people in the whole restaurant. When we ordered just for our children we were told that with five people all five people must order. They told us that we must leave. We didn't give them the satisfaction of giving them our money. Don't waste your time in this dump! Loved everything else about Nice except this place!

• Visited February 2014