“Overnight Stay”

Ranked #8 of 57 Speciality Lodging in Nice
Bucharest, Romania
“Overnight Stay”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here with a friend in April.The staff were very helpful and could speak good english.We had a room seperate from the main building.(Only a 2 min walk).It was basic but clean and ideal for an overnight stopover to visit the city.I would recomend this hostel and would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank kevin w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Hostel Smith is in a great location in the old town of Nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful when it came to questions about the city, and it seemed to attract a very friendly crowd of backpackers. Stayed multiple nights. Accommodations were adequate and the kitchen space was small but worked well as a gathering area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My friends and I stayed in Hostel Smith in Nice and we had a really splendid time here. Our room was nice and big. The price was low and the location was really incredible! Right in the city centre! Hostel Smith is definitely the best hostel if you go with a group of friends. Unfortunately we didn’t get the chance to stay longer.. WE MISS IT ALREADY!!!! The staff was very friendly and showed us the best places in Nice. My friends and I advise everybody who goes to Nice to book a couple of nights in Hostel Smith, because it’s worth it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I'd like to start by saying the owners ESP ms smith were lovely caring helping people. It's just to bad u have that witch working for you that treats everyone like crap
Anyway apart from that the rooms weren't great. Unconfy beds and loud beds your to scared to move incase you wake the whole dorm. Also no curtains on the windows so the light poors in. Also very loud it's in a building with people who live there and we heard them yelling ad screaming both nights although I don't blame the hostel for that.
The showers are shared which didn't bother me but my girlfriend was a bit apprehensive about them which is understandable. theres not much privacy at all.
The kitchen was tiny and not great.
One thing I did like was that the common area is quiet small so it makes you talk to people an we made some good friends there.
Location is good in the heart of old nice.
If I were go to nice again I don't think I'd stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Richo90

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

Bayonne, France
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Great welcoming, helpful staff, cool atmosphere and perfect location.
If you are an easy going traveler, this is your place.
You can count on friendly staff to give you some good advice on the things to do and places to see.
I'm going to choose this hostel for my next stay in Nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have been to Nice several times and I can recommend Hostel Smith if you want a cheap place to stay. It's clean and nice. I stayed with some friends and we enjoyed it very mucht. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is really super. You are living next to great restaurants and bars.

• Stayed May 2013
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 2 October 2013

All the bad reviews happened while they were doing renovations, I went in September and truly enjoyed my stay! The room were a bit noisy, yes, but you are located in the heart of the old Nice so it is to be expected! The hostel was clean enough, staff was wonderfully helpful. They gave us a lot of good advise on the nearby cities to visit, cheap way to get there, and even about the history of the cities! Breakfast room is quite small but good and clean. Showers were good and spacious too which is the most important!!
We stayed in a 12 bed mixed dorms, next to the reception, it was very spacious with private lockers.
I stayed one night only but would have stayed more!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends