Chez Brigitte B.
  • Bar/Lounge
US$353
US$174
  • Pool
Splendid Hotel & Spa(Nice)
US$245
US$237
US$218
US$317
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Not a lot to say as we didn't spend much time in the room itself. Great location, very handy if you are arriving via train. We didn't really see Brigitte much, but from what we did she was a lovely lady. She wasn't home when we arrived but left instructions for us to find keys. Very different to a lot of places, but very homely and clean. Noise wasn't problem from trains thank God. All in all it was great value for money in an expensive city.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Chez Brigitte for a two night stay while in France. Nice is absolutely beautiful. We were travelling for five weeks across Europe and it was a great city to relax and explore at our leisure.

We arrived late by train from Paris and chose the guest house due to it's proximity to the train. The accomodation is located inside an apartment building (which is very common across Europe) and belonged to the wonderful host Brigitte. The rooms are located inside her house. The building is fairly easy to find and is quite literally a two minute walk from the train. Make sure that you have a current code to enter the building.

The room was huge, spacious, warm and comfortable. The bathroom was right across the hall and served all of our purposes. Brigette provides information on Nice as well as things to see and do waiting for you in your room when you arrive.

It is a convenient walk down the tram line, a quick fifteen minutes, to the beach and the breathtaking cote d'azur.

Our favorite perk to the place, Brigette's friendly cat and dog who loved to visit us in our room!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jlindsbee
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Hi there! Wilczo here to review another hostel in Europe. This time I'm going to review Chez Brigitte Guesthouse in Nice, France.

I stayed there with my GF in July, 2012. As you probably already know from others, the guesthouse is actually a flat which consists of three rooms (double bed, twin bed, twin bed + single). Each room is large enough with A/C which makes it comfortable even in summer - and summers in Nice can be quite warm :) You can find the flat on the 4th floor. The location of the guesthouse is probably the only Achilles heel of the accomodation. It is right next to one of France's most frequent railways, so there's a train going right under your windows probably every 15-20 minutes which can be quite noisy. However, if you keep your windows/balcony door shut, then the noise is reduced by 80-90%.

The flat itself is very clean. It has two bathrooms, a kitchen and a toilet. The kitchen is large enough for 3-4 people and fully-equiped (stove, jug kettle, refrigerator). The room where we stayed (La Chambra Verte) was quite large with two beds, two chairs, a small table, an A/C and two wardrobes. A small surprise for us was a Lilo (inflatable pool toy) which we could borrow and take with us to the beach.

Brigitte (the guesthouse's owner) is very friendly, speaks fluent English and has two adorable pets - a cat Tao and a dog Mishma. She's very helpful and really looks after her customers. She even gave me a call the day before my arrival to find out when exactly I was supposed to arrive.

The location of the guesthouse is quite convenient, it is approx. 15 minutes from the beach (walk) or 2 tram stops. A couple of supermarkets are nearby (Carrefour, Lidl) so shopping for basic groceries is not a problem. Also the guesthouse is near one of main Nice's shopping streets - Avenue Jean Medecin.

Last thing - the prices at the guesthouse are really cheap. We paid approx. 30 EUR per night per person for a double bed room. That is a great value when compared to other budget accomodations in Nice.

To sum it up, the place itself is great. A little bit noisy due to the trains, but apart from that it is a great place to stay for a couple of days. I would definitely recommend it to someone who is travelling to Nice and hopes to spend there a couple of days and doesn't want to splash out a lot of money on accomodation.

Room Tip: We stayed in "La Chambre Verte" - I would stay there again! Double bed room with quiet A/C and lots of space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Chez Brigitte is actually a flat on the fourth floor (I think - anyway there's a lift) of a building across the street from the railway line, with a few simply-furnished bedrooms to let. (There was no sign when I was there, so maybe ring to say when you're about to arrive.) Brigitte is a kindly, helpful person. If you need to check your email or something, she lets you use her computer.

Not luxurious, but perfectly adequate, and far more interesting than the usual hotel. I slept well.

Convenient position for the SNCF station, for the Train des Pignes (which goes from its own station) and for the tram down to the old town.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank ELear
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My husband and I stayed in Brigitte's Guesthouse for four nights while staying in Nice. At first, I chose this hotel because I knew we would be arriving late at night by train, so I needed a place we could walk to from the train station. But this little place turned out to be better than we could have guessed. It's a tiny walk from here to the tram which takes you all around Nice, or you can walk to Vieux Nice. Brigitte is a wonderful hostess and took time to give us directions for how to get to Eze Village (beautiful day-trip, by the way). She let us use her kitchen to make dinner and we loved playing with her little dog Mishma. We had a very comfortable stay in the Green Room and loved every minute. We had a great time getting drinks with another traveling couple that were staying there, too. Place is perfect for couples.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple