“Wonderful food, hugely popular. A real experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Davia

Restaurant Davia
Ranked #227 of 1,876 Restaurants in Nice
Price range: US$16 - US$27
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Jardin Albert 1er
Description: Third generation of Family owner run restaurant since 1953
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, hugely popular. A real experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Easily my favourite restaurant in Nice, where the food does the talking. Excellent cuisine, albeit in slightly cramped surroundings. Having to share a table with complete strangers can be hit or miss but the food makes up for it. Madame is, shall we say, slightly brusque and rules the roost with a rod of iron! Her elderly dog, Malcolm, is massive and such a pet. Fine if you love dogs as he roams at will. The first time i saw Madame cutting her delicious tarte tatin with an inch long ash hanging from her mouth was a sight to behold! Still, u gotta love her. Can't wait to return.

2 Thank Coz_11

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
aberdeenshire
“Lovely French bistro....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

The hotel was next door to our hotel Le Grimaldi so was really handy for our evening meal. We had eaten here on several trips to Nice over the years and were pleased to see it was the same lady still in charge! The food is very varied and freshly cooked. I thought the price was very reasonable for Nice given the quality of the food and service!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank mrsduffel
Letterkenny, Ireland
“Organised chaos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

This restaurant was close to our hotel and we stumbled upon it. It's the size of a postage stamp and seats 34 patrons. It's always full and the buzz was fantastic. The food was really good, and the front-of-house-madame is quite excentric. Watch out for the €2 charge for tap-water.

Visited April 2012
2 Thank tourister10
Brighton UK
“Justifiably Popular!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

We have been going to this little restaurant off the Victor Hugo for several years and it has never let us down. The owner is of Italian origin and the food a nice mixture of French and Italian. The set menus offer great choice and value for money; for €18 you can have a feast - fish soup, Veal Milanais and tarte normande all of excellent quality. Not surprisingly the word has got out and there are many clients from neighbouring hotels, so make sure you get here early - especially on Sunday evenings when she is one of the few restaurants in the locality that are open.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank cd_bsms
Nice
“Not what I expected!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

After reading other reviews I was really looking forward to eating in this restaurant but Oh how disappointed I was. I consider myself to be fairly tolerant and have worked in a customer service training consultancy role for many years but have to say that this establishment has a lot to learn! The customers behind where I was sitting were told (by the very 'bossy' mature woman/owner) to make their minds up quickly or they would have to wait a long time! Efficient? - I think rude is a more appropriate term. The sole I ordered was nice as were the French fries but the vegetables appeared to be tinned vegetables. With markets full of beautiful produce why was this necessary! Eating out should be a pleasant experience but I am sorry to say that I would rather purchase my own food and cook in than face another evening feeling uncomfortable with mediocre food. I also do not take kindly to street sales people being allowed to enter restaurants and hassle you at the table when eating. I will not return and will not recommend this restaurant which is a shame as I am always keen to pass on recommendations to many clients and colleagues that visit Nice. My advice is to change the management structure and do not be complacent! Change is required....

• Visited April 2012