“Best pizza I've ever eaten”
Review of Les Amoureux

Les Amoureux
Ranked #6 of 1,907 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
London, England, United Kingdom
“Best pizza I've ever eaten”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Les Amoureux is not such much a pizzeria as an Italian restaurant specialising in pizzas. I've never been to Naples before, but I had the feeling I was there that night. The owner and his assistant, rather than trying to turn as many customers over as possible, try to keep you there as long as they can so that you can really savour and participate in the Neapolitan experience. The ingredients are all locally sourced near Naples, and you can taste it. And all for the same price you would pay in a cheap and nasty pizza chain in the UK! Make no mistake, Les Amoureux is about as far as you can get from that kind of fare. The owner also gave us a free dessert because we had been unable to book on a previous night. I'll definitely be back next time i'm in Nice.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank John F

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, Connecticut
“An unfortunate smell of napoli”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Have you ever had a romantic dinner by moonlight? I'm sure. Here, however, the moonlight was substituted for a rancid pair of "napoi" underwear on the wall. At least the smell was of Napoli, if the food wasn't. I can't possibly describe the disappointment my fiancee and I experienced. We were expecting a lovely dinner to remember forever, but instead have a memory that we would like to permanently bury in our minds. He may as well rename this place "La Moyenne."

It goes without saying that we wanted to spend the night together. Usually, together implies with one another, and not with the owner clinging on, and bothering you with his creepy jokes. My fiancee was repulsed. Honestly, if I had the option of repeating this experience or making some hobo stew over the first barrel I found on the street, the choice would be made in a heartbeat. Don't go here. Don't ruin your night. Go eat some better food anywhere else.

6 Thank WhaleWatchingVictim
Milano
“Best authentic napolitan style pizza in Nice - French Riviera”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I’ve been several times at this restaurant in the last years and every time I enjoyed an exquisite pizza, made with fresh and fragrant ingredients. And now, with the new oven that Ivan, the owner, has built using original italian stones, it's even better. Not to talk of the great sympathy of Ivan and of his lovely wife. After pizza, I’m used to have a fantastic “baba au rum”, so good I found only in Naples and not always. Surely I'll return, next time in Nice.

cork
“Heart shaped Pizza !”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had read about this restaurant and were lucky that it was just opposite our apartment. It didn't look much and actually looked closed when we first arrived but seems to open Tues through Sat. We arrived at 9 and had not booked but the lovely waiter actually brought a table out for us. This is not really a special occasion place, it's a real local, neighbourhood restaurant. They only make Pizza nothing else really but they are delicious and unusual toppings. The ladies get a heart shape which the teenagers loved ! Order a Takeaway or remember to book we were just lucky.

• Visited June 2014
Nice, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best pizza I had in my life”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

In this restaurant I eat the very napolitain pizza (I'm italian) and at cheaper prices than the other restaurants of Nice. The service is excellent and the owner really nice. Let's try this place!

1 Thank Elise C