Hipark by Adagio Nice
US$283
US$281
US$527
  • Pool
All reviewssofa beda large shopping centreevery other daycarrefour supermarketbig carrefournice riquiertrain stationwash your handsold townwasher and dryersmall kitchenapartment hotelminute walkself cateringper dayrooftop poolliving area
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Even though we requested a quiet room we were given a room with a connecting door into the next room. There was a lot of loud noise (partying, speaking loudly on the phone) which clearly came through the flimsy door. When we requested a change of room we were told they would ask the person to keep quiet!! The noise persisted through all of the six nights we were there, sometimes all night.

The room is obviously designed for looks rather than comfort (there was not even enough light to look at a map in the evenings) and the same goes for the reception staff - they look fine but are not there to make your stay comfortable.

Our room was cleaned once, on the second day of our stay, and not again and we were there for six days, but this didn't bother us. All we wanted was a good night's sleep and we didn't get this, so won't be staying anywhere near this place again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slowfishman
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark by Adagio Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear guest,
We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel again.
We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.
We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. I would like to apologise for the shortcomings that you have encountered with us. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards.
I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.
Sincerely
Frédéric ROUSSEL / Manager

Reviewed 28 November 2013

We stay in a suite at november 2012 and everything was perfect!!!Very clean,Spacious room and many extras!!!Everything that we want!!!Easily in suite can stay 2 couples!One of the best i have ever visit!!Much better from too many 4stars hotel!Recommended!!

Room Tip: Excellent Choice!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nakata1984
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark by Adagio Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear guest,
Words cannot describe how thankful we are for your beautiful comments! It was a treat to read your excellent remarks, and please be assured that we have shared them with our dedicated teams
We take pride in our proposed services and products, but nothing could make us happier than to hear great compliments for our team and the services we provide to our guests.
We hope to see you again soon and please do not hesitate to contact us before your future visit in Nice or any of our other residences in France.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights and booked an executive suite, so obviously paid quite a lot but could not have slept on a sofa bed for that length of time. I feel most hotels in Nice are usually overpriced, but I did think it was worth it. The apartment was spacious and clean. We had breakfast included, which was excellent, with a good selection of food and the staff were very good and refilled dishes etc very quickly, even on the day that a whole coach party were in there at 7.30 am and we took the last two seats. It was manic but we still managed to get the food we wanted.
The reception staff are excellent, polite and always greeted us. When we arrived we were told that our reservation had been cancelled, despite the fact I had paid this large amount of money in Full in February. I burst into tears as this was for husbands birthday and our wedding anniversary. The receptionist told me not to worry and although he did not have a room ready told us to come back later. I spent a few stressful hours waiting and needed a drink to calm my nerves lol, but when we returned it was a different receptionist and we were given our room, with no mention of the problem which had been resolved. I booked this through Trip Advisor and did not know/had not used the company booked with before as not a UK company, so that taught me to be careful in future.
I was very pleased with the apartment and as eating out in Nice is now Very expensive, even on set menus. We ate in 4/5 times and even back for lunch some days. We used Carrefour and there is an excellent patisserie around the corner at the Acropolis tram stop.
There was constant hot water, it was warm and well lit. I also agree it was a long walk from the bathroom to the toilet , especially in this suite which was in an internal corner (408) and spread out. By the end of a week I had managed to find my way in the dark!
There were some issues that I was not happy about and therefore I would hesitate before booking again because of them, but it could be different in another apartment, so I am undecided..
There was no air-con working although it was 25 degrees some days, we had wonderful weather and therefore had to have the windows open at night. The courtyard was never quiet. Apartments opposite are not part of the hotel and one man never went to bed until 2.30 am , never stopped talking until then and TVs were quite loud. The smoking on balconies was horrendous especially at week end. I did not sleep well and counted four cigarettes being smoked between 1.00 and 2.00 am, the smoke feeling as if it was all over me. The same person then took a 10 minute telephone call on the balcony and I heard every word from my bed( there were no windows in the bedroom area either!) The courtyard is like an echo chamber and is only quiet if you have windows closed, but too hot for that.
The apartment was well equipped with nice crockery, glasses etc but could not understand how we could have cups and saucers but NO kettle? I had to use a saucepan to boil water for my early morning tea every day and it took ages. We also had an ironing board but NO iron? The fridge door did not shut and was open 3/4 inches and to ensure safety of our food we had to put a large bottle of water against it and irritating to have to keep moving it.
We only had one bath towel each to last 8 days, which I felt was unacceptable at the prices charged, but it seemed silly that it was changed along with the bedding after a week, when we were leaving a day later. The bedding was not a problem but using a towel for that long is unhygienic.
Having said that it did not spoil our holiday , we love Nice and been every year for past 10 years. This hotel is good for transport links. We always have a 7 day (15€) bus pass which you can get at the airport. You can't use it on airport bus, which is now 6€ but you could walk out to main road and catch a normal bus if not much luggage and the same returning to the airport. Riquier train station is around the corner and easy to get to Monte Carlo and Menton etc from there.

Room Tip: I would prefer traffic noise to people talking and cigarette smoke blown over me and did not like not having any view so would only have outside apartment if I returned. You could see into all the apartments too even with blinds down if lights on, so privacy needs to be considered if facing courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisBren
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark by Adagio Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your impressions.
Please accept our deep apologies for the inconvenient you got during your stay, especially concerning your room.

We are really sorry you left the hotel with a bad impression of our establishment and its services but we would like you to give us the opportunity to welcome you again in much better condition in a near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Clean, tidy and very compact. Superior room would have just about slept a family of 4 (one double one pull out couch), but probably just for a few days. Parking was convenient and location is good. Don't expect too much and you should be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We booked this after our bad experience at Hip Hotel in Nice. The room we ve is studio with a good equipped kitchen and great location opposite to Carefour and Mcdonald,u wont get starve!Clean,neat,and window can open up for fresh air, too hot in Oct with no air cond in France Hotels for Asian ppl. It was 5mins to metro, and all the buses and train station u need。And we found it close to old town for shopping n eating and busy night life which ia more convenient than HIP. Overall a good experience but lacking of wifii inside room and a bit noisy if windows re open!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple