“Really enjoyed our stay - great location”

Hipark Design Suites Nice
Ranked #73 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed for a week in June 2014 and really loved it. Contrary to some reviews we found the staff very helpful and friendly. The location was great for us - just close enough to everything (the trams on Rue de la Republique, Place Garibaldi, the fantastic little market streets, Promenade des Anglais, train station) but located in an area that is clearly more residential which we really liked. Our room was clean and comfortable - great kitchen which had just enough of the necessary utensils and pots and pans to make fairly comprehensive meals. Breakfast is $13 per person per day which is a little over expensive but because we were so close to so many bakeries it was a pleasure to walk out every morning and go and buy freshly baked croissants and baguettes. Our room wasn't cleaned during our entire stay although it apparently should have been every other day but we didn't even mind that. The air conditioning didn't work very well and they did send an engineer up to check it twice but it never did work in the bedroom - but again, we were quite happy because they did try to rectify it and t was strong enough in the living room area to cool the whole room down. The bathroom and toilet were separate and it was a little annoying that there was no small hand washing basin in the toilet but we actually found it quite convenient to have separate rooms to be honest. The shower door leaked quite badly and we did end up with a minor flood the first time we used it but we simply got on with it. The swimming pool area is nice but agree, decking is lovely but it would be nice to also have somewhere more comfortable to sit or lie.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay - in fact we loved it and we'd happily go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark Design Suites Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear guest,

We are very thankful for your nice comment! It was a treat to read your excellent remarks, and please be assured that we have shared them with our dedicated teams.

We take pride in our proposed services and products, but nothing could make us happier than to hear great compliments for our team and the services we provide to our guests.

We hope to see you again soon and please do not hesitate to contact us before your future visit in Nice or any of our other residences in France.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Highest point comes for the location ,only 4 minutes to Acropolis on food . A trade center and Carrefour is acroos the street So called "suit room" has a very small bedroom and bathroom is also very small .Don't undertand why ,but the toilet was split up from the bathroom and located in the entrence of the room .Unbelievably there is no sink to wash your hands in the toilet. Kitchenette is well equiped (microvawe ,washing mashine). If you have small children this can ben helpfull. I can not say that hotel was clean ,but sleep quality was good.I've not seen a worse internet connection in any hotel.Staff were usually friendly but system does not work properly .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark Design Suites Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.
We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. I would like to apologise for the shortcomings that you have encountered with us. Please be assured that this is not indicative of our usual standards.
We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Located close to the tram which was very convenient, frequent and efficient. Carrefour supermarket over the road which was great. The apartment was light and airy. Unfortunately those are the positives . The negatives, however, are more lengthy. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful except the person who we first saw who told us we could not check in to our hotel 75 minutes early unless we paid 25euros for 'early check in'. We were amazed, particularly as we had checked in to a hotel in Biarritz at 9.15am!!! Not a good first impression and maybe one that could be revised particularly if the room, as ours was, is ready. There were no instructions on how to operate the microwave oven combination, the dishwasher or the air conditioning. The bed was made uncomfortable by the waterproof coverings. We were left clean sheet and duvet cover but they were just left in the room and not put on the bed which seemed really strange. There were no microwave containers available, nor any kitchen cutting knives, not even when requested. There was no iron in the room as listed. Felt that the hotel lacks identity. Is it an apartment or is it a hotel? The swimming pool was very small and there were no seats to sit on unless you sat on the wooden decking. Seemed a lost opportunity to have something very nice. There did not seem to be an atmosphere of welcome. Having seen the hotel's responses to other comments, I hope I don't receive what seems to be a standard response otherwise again this is not seen as a caring management. We will probably return to nice but would look for an apartment elsewhere as this was definitely not value for money.

Room Tip: A high floor overlooking the road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 186338travel

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Our family of 5 stayed in an apartment that slept 6 (2 bedrooms and a sleeper sofa in the living room). The bedrooms were so very small with only 12-15 inches from bed to wall on both the left and right side. Suitcases did not fit in closets, and with so little room in the rooms there was no place to put them except the living room or front hallway. The toilet was by the front door, the shower was by the master bedroom - very inconvenient that they were separated. The apartment had not been cleaned properly prior to our arrival as all of the bedside tables were dirty or sticky with spilled drinks and such that were not wiped up. Dishes and silverware in the cupboard were dirty and had to be put thru the dishwasher before they could be used. The wifi did not work the entire time we were there although they advertised "free wifi". The "laundry facility" that they refer to on their website is actually 1 washer and 1 dryer for the entire facility to use. It is located on the main floor, and apparently the staff uses it too as I found mops and cleaning rags in the washer when I tried to wash a load of laundry. The front desk was no help with the wifi issues, nor are they able to make change for the coin (only) operated "laundry facility" although they did speak very good english. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast is not worth your time or money. Head into the town and grab a fresh croissant and espresso. The garage parking key did not work leaving us stranded on a street trying to enter a secured garage. We were fortunately rescued by a tenant walking by who swiped his card to let us enter (tells me that it is a common problem). It is about a 15 minute walk to the shopping / beach area; however there is a mall and grocery store across the street. All in all, a less than impressive hotel that I couldn't recommend nor would I return to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelmom76092

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The Hotel was decent but several things were just annoying and the Hotel has clearly not put the customer in the center. For example, you only get one key to the room and elevator even though we had a large suite that could hold 4 people. You need the key to use the elevator to the floor. It's retarded to not hand out more keys. It feels like the hotel is intentionally making your life difficult to save $1.

The rooms are very small.

For some reason the toilet is split up from the bathroom and there is no sink to wash your hands in the toilet. The architect who came up with that solution should clearly be fired.

They don't clean the room every day.

We needed to change the booking from 4 to 3 nights and they could not give us the money back when we checked in since the manager had to approve it (he seemed to be standing behind the person checking us in) it remains to be seem if we get the money back.

The gym is two cycles and a treadmill.

There is a pool on the roof, twice the size of the bathtub in your room.

There is a sauna that is a small wooden box built inside another room. I honestly wonder it it's ever been used. I doubt you could fit one single Finnish person in there, maybe a French dude.

On the positive side the hotel was clean and the staff polite.

I think we paid just less than €300 per night, seems expensive for what we got but it's also July in Nice.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Swedish_Joe

Dear guest,
Words cannot describe how thankful we are for your beautiful comments! It was a treat to read your excellent remarks, and please be assured that we have shared them with our dedicated teams
Frederic ROUSSEL / General MANAGER

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had to phone down three times for a pillow for the sofa bed. The third time, Alicia on reception said she'd asked 'her colleague', he'd in turn asked housekeeping, and apparently the bed was already all made up just as we needed it. No pillow was offered. So basically they were calling me a liar for saying we were missing a pillow. Not only that but they had no intention of coming back to me, just left me stewing in the room waiting for the pillow. So now I was annoyed. I went down to reception and asked what was going on. A hotel should be able to provide a darned pillow! Alicia, who apparently couldn't care less, eventually asked some guy on the staff to get a pillow out of another room. He came back to reception two minutes later and plonked the pillow on the desk. When I asked him to bring it up to the room, like any normal hotel would, he said 'I'm not a dog'. Probably the worst hotel service I've ever experienced. Alicia on front desk was especially unhelpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 680JeremyM
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark Design Suites Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

We welcome feedback especially from our valued guests like you.
I remind you that pillows are offered regarding availability only. I have checked personaly your room and the pillows for the sofa bed was in the cupboard.
On the other hand, the awkwardness of my colleague can explain the aggressive attitude which you adopted towards herself and other customers in the lobby.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel is new and well maintained. The staff is very helpful and friendly. As it was my first visit to Nice, and my French is below the minimum required, I made much use of the tips people at the front desk. The hotel is located in a tourist region nothing but has a mall across the street to McDonald's and Carrefour (French Wal-Mart). It can be a little dangerous to walk alone at night. The train station is a 5 minute walk. From the hotel to the beach is 30 minutes walk, passing by Piazza Garibaldi, which is beautiful and has several restaurants. The breakfast is satisfactory, with varied choices of cheeses and breads. The wi-fi did not work, because my room was located in "limbo" between two routers located in the hallway ... and the signal did not reach any of them. To navigate, I needed to move me to the bedroom door. Terrible. The room was spacious, clean and had a balcony, but who likes to watch TV in bed will not appreciate the fact that the only TV was in a sort of living room with a sofa. The bath, "European" design, has no curtains or glass door ... a simple bath is enough to flood the entire bathroom floor.

Room Tip: The suite is very spacious, while the standard rooms are tight. Depending on the availability, the h...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Julie D, Gérant at Hipark Design Suites Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Frederic ROUSSEL / General Manager