2,954 results
All reviews la rotonde art collection iconic hotel merry go round michelin star restaurant sea view luxury hotel public areas french riviera hotel bar private beach south of france junior suite cote d'azur promenade des breakfast room old town
Reviewed 1 September 2015

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel.
It is unashamedly un-modern - in fact it seems to be a key part of the history of the area. I have stayed in many concrete, chrome and fancy shop-fittings sort of hotels. This isn't one of them. The room felt comfortable and not sterile - the bed was really great to sleep in. My only criticism was that the bar on the ground floor was very expensive so we went there just once - plenty of other options nearby that offer cool venues at better value. I also understand that the breakfast, (not included), was quite pricey, but again, plenty of options nearby and to be frank, I slept that well, I wouldn't have made the breakfast anyway!
I have no hesitation in recommending a stay in this place - just watch out for the expensive extras that could give a little shock upon check-out!
If you want a classy week or weekend in NIce, this will certainly do the trick!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Had only a breakfast here, but it was wonderful. Great buffé, great service and great view! Something I really can recommend for those of you just want to feel the fantastic aura of the beatiful Negresco hotel. Take a few minutes also to go inside, its really worth the effort. The great hall is in mint condition and richly decorated on floors, walls and ceiling. Totally outstanding!

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2015

We stayed here for 2 nights in August 2015 and had 2 rooms, one single and one double room on the 4th floor. My first impressions weren’t great- I was on holidays with my parents who arrived 3 hours later than me. When I tried to check in into the hotel, they didn’t let me do that because the reservation was under my father’s name. When I offered my credit card as a guarantee, the receptionist said that ‘due to security reasons’ she couldn’t accept it and hence I couldn’t check in. I had to wait for my parents to arrive to be able to get into my room. While waiting for my parent in the hotel, I was asked not to sit on one of the sofas in the hall because I wasn’t a guest. When I said that in fact I am a guest but wasn’t allowed to check in, the staff repeated that because I am not a guest, I cannot sit there. None of the staff members said neither ‘welcome’ or ‘thank you’, and were actually quite rude. Once in the room, I was surprised by the smell- both rooms smelled like old stuffy storage rooms. The rooms look like they some serious renovation. The shower had really weak pressure, the landline phone’s cable kept falling down when I tried using the phone, the TV wasn’t working the first day (but was working on the second day), the wifi connection was weak, finding an electricity socket to charge my phone was a challenge. The good point was the beautiful view and cute little balcony in my room. The concierge was rarely there at the reception, whenever we needed a taxi or advice, we had to wait for at least 10 minutes. The breakfast was nice, although nobody informed us that there were 2 options for breakfast- menu or buffet. We went directly for the buffet, not knowing that we could have ordered something from the menu instead. I guess the overpricing is due to hotel design but the service is not up to standard that I would expect for that price.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Lelelea
Direction_Negresco, Directeur général at Hotel Negresco, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2015

Dear LeaTucTuc,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to leave your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We believe it is only through listening carefully to the comments and suggestions of our guests that we will be able to achieve the constant improvement, guest satisfaction and quality of service we strive for.

Do not doubt that we take very seriously all your remarks with reference to the buffet breakfast, the rooms you occupied and the check in experience.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered when you arrived in this property. Our front desk agents have to make sure that the right person is checking in the right reservation. For security reasons, we are not allowed to give you access to the room if the name mentionned in the reservation is different from the one provided during the check in process. Kindly note that this unpleasant situation could have been avoided if your name was notified on your booking or if your father was able to inform the front desk that you were going to check in before him. However, we are very surprised by the fact that our staff prevented you from sitting on the sofa while waiting your father. This remark will be discussed with the management concerned.

Tripadvisor is a very useful tool not only for travelers but also for our management. Indeed, thanks to your feedback we can detect the areas in which we have to focus our efforts to improve our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back again and better serving you in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Pierre BORD

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Negresco is a hotel with a great history. If you wish to go swimming the beach is just across the street. Breakfast is nice but make sure you book your room and breakfast as a package. If breakfast is not included in your room price, 30 euros do not justify the quantity of food being offered during breakfast. Staff is very accommodating. I would give the hotel 5 stars but since it is currently under renovation it is a matter of luck whether you will stay in a renovated room (which was really lovely) or an original one. When you book make sure you kindly ask to stay on the fifth floor. We stayed in room 573 and it was really nice. My in-laws stayed one floor below us (room 473) and it was not renovated and in fact they paid more. I do understand that renovating a massive hotel takes time but since it is a 5-star hotel I believe it would be fair for guests to get a discount by staying in non-renovated rooms. Renovated rooms are really really nice. Wifi connection was very slow, so should you travel to Nice and stay at Negresco for business take that into consideration. Plaza Neptune is quite nice. During summer time make sure you have a drink at the Relais bar. It is one of the most iconic bars into town. I would highly recommend the Royal mohito!

Room tip: Request to stay on the fifth floor which has renovated rooms
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

We recommend a trip to the Hotel Negresco, an iconic landmark along the promenade, known for its authentic antique furniture and uber luxury
Stop for an aperitif or just a coffee stop at the La Rotonde Brasserie with the carrousel fairground theme,exceptional service and no doubt the prices reflect this stunning hotel however new menus from €38 euro lunchtime specials are a treat

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple