“Truly dreadful”

Description: Restaurant is located next to Le Ruhl Hotel and Casino
York, United Kingdom
“Truly dreadful”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had spent the afternoon on Promenade des Anglais and dropped into Macdonalds for a snack, what a nightmare! Chaos inside, didn't get what we thought we ordered, overpriced and poor quality food. Patrons queuing to use the lavatories because staff hadn't bothered to explain that how code for accessing them was on the bottom on their receipt, so a queue for the loo going round the block ..... Please avoid. I'm sure the the Macdonald Corp would be horrified at this place, they really should take a look?.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Tracy W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
London, United Kingdom
“Possibly the best view for eating a Big Mac in Europe!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Right on the Promenade des Anglais with bar tables out front, this was place to refuel in style with a view second to none, there are so many other restaurants and bars, but for pure value , predictability of food and a great view, this ticks all the boxes!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Yvonne M
Nice, France
“Normal Makie D”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

this picture is NOT McDonalds on the Promenade des Anglais/Place Albert 1er - The reviewer has loaded another picture of somewhere else. McDonalds on the Promenade is next to the Casio and below Le Meridian hotel. Central meeting place for teens local and visitors

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Janine33
London, England, United Kingdom
“Well below McDonald's standards”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Upon entry u will be greeted by massive ques of snobby French people and screaming French babies. Get out, this McDonald's is from tourists.
The two times I've been there this holiday I had someone I front of me order for a family for 10 people plus, and because there is only ever 2 tills open out of a possible 8 you can't switch cues.
Once I got to the cashier it was very easy to order what I want even though her English was basic. However, a burger and a McFlurry took way to long, and my legs started to Hurt from how long I had been standing there.
Once I got upstairs to sit on a dirty seat I was greetings by more screaming children. Moreover I opened up my burger box and the burger was all over the place.
The burgers were hanging out the bun and the bun was down the side of the box, and the sauce was all on the top of the bun.
I've never has a worse McDonald's experience.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Josh G
Webster, New Hampshire
“Not Too Speedy”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

If you are in a hurry, this is not the restaurant to go to, but if you are looking for personalized service give it a try. In the US, McDonalds is all about disposable and fast, but the restaurant in Nice was quite different. We stopped in for a late breakfast after walking along the promenade. I wanted tea and my husband wanted coffee. Both were served fresh in china cups and I had a teapot! They have crepes with chocolate sauce for breakfast as well as their usual sandwich. There were also macaroons and other pastries. Lots of servers all as pleasant as can be. A very pleasant surprise. By the way, do keep your receipt if you wish to use the restroom, because on the bottom of it is the code to use on the keypad for the rooms, which are on the second floor.

Visited April 2013