“Good property, poor management”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice
Ranked #61 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Istanbul
“Good property, poor management”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

- Room rate is too expensive for this quality. On top of that we had to pay EUR 20.- per person for chairs and towels on the beach. - We arrived at 1:45 P.M. on 24th of July 2014. Our rooms were given at 4:00 P.M. - I had requested some allergy precautions such as no pillows with feather. When we got up to our room, both rooms had pillows with feather and one room a blanket with feather too. It took another hour to convince the staff that these have feather and need to be changed. So, it was 5:30 P.M. when these are settled. - Insects all over everyone on the roof by the restaurant and the pool. People could not stay. - Positives are good location, good choices at breakfast, free shuttle service to the city center, free and fast internet and generally kind staff.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

reginekruger, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay on tripadvisor.com.

Firstly, I apologies that you weren’t given the specific allergy set up in your room and the long waiting time to make the arrangements. We do always try to accommodate guest’s requests but unfortunately we did not receive this information with your reservation to make all arrangements in advance.

Your feedback in relation to the insects on the roof top terrace has been taken in consideration with immediate disinfections and we informed the city hall to take actions on the trees behind the hotel.

Looking forward in welcoming you again,

Yours truly,
Eric van Dalsum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was disappointed with this hotel. To start, we had to pay $27 € for a cab ride that was only a mile away! We were given a handicapped room with a partial ocean view. The decor is outdated, we had two very firm mattresses put together and only one night stand. The "free" WIFI in the room did not have good connection. One day the water was not replenished in our fridge, I got up during the night very thirsty, and no water to drink! The pool terrace was very nice with great panoramic views of the Riviera and the city. The prices of the restaurants on site were very expensive. $19€ for a burger?? The breakfast buffet was ok. If you prepay it and want it delivered to your room, they will only give you a $10€ discount for delivery to the room. There is a small cafe a block behind the hotel and it's much more reasonable for meals. The city center is 2 miles away. It took us 45 min to walk as the cabs are very expensive and it costs $15-22€ one way to get there! The hotel offers a shuttle which only goes from 6 pm to 11 pm every hour! You are better off taking the public bus or renting bicycles across the street. The beach itself is beautiful but very uncomfortable to walk on those huge rocks! I understand you have to pay for a lounge chair even if you are a hotel guest! Major rip off!

Room Tip: Request the oceanviews
1 Thank ForeverYoungSobeSpa
reginekruger, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your honest feedback. It’s disappointing to hear that the room didn’t meet with your
expectations. I’ll share your feedback with the team here and rest assured, we’ll take your
comments on board and where possible, look to make improvements.
Your feedback will be taken in consideration in order help us to improve our services to serve you better in the future.
I do hope we get a chance to host you again in the future for a more relaxing stay.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

RADISSON ' SO SO ' WHERE TO BEGIN****
We stayed here last week as we went away for a short break ( we got engaged).From the pics on the
internet it looked a great hotel right On the beach. BUT that was as close as it came to being a dream holiday.
The check in was quite straight forward and fast, and the lady was quite welcoming(considering we
don't speak much french). As it was our engagement i asked via email prior to booking about 4
months before for a room with a nice view and as high as possible ( for which i paid a premium for).
We were shocked to be given a room on the first floor, not only that it was dirty and when we opens
the curtains to the balcony we were treated to empty vodka bottles and cigarette butts all over the
roof below. We called down and we removed to a room on the 3rd floor (not sure why we didn't get it to start with). The new room was clean and the view of the ocean was nice, the ocean is soooo blue its beautiful. THE BED AND PILLOWS WERE BRILLIANT!!!! My reviews are unbiased and i always give praise when due, so i would say this was the highlight of the room.We both really slept well apart from a random noise above which sounded like people moving furniture.
THE BEACH the problem with the beach is that it is pebbles and they do actually hurt your feet, a lot of the locals wear rubber shoes which you can buy it n local shops for approx 8 euros which I would recommend as I cut my toes a few times.We found some REALLY nice beaches towards
Monaco, which I really recommend THEY WERE STUNNING.The beach out the front also has sun beds to hire which we did
and found quite pleasant- the service was OK and the cocktails not bad at all, I think it is better here than the hotel pool.
THE 'POOL' oh dear my spa bath in the garden would be a similar size it really is small and a square shape which I can't stand. The best bit is they charge 20Euros to use the sunbeds.....its mad I have stayed at many private beaches and pool party's where you have to hire the bed or cabanas
etc..which I don't mind if I get good service and treated like a real guest, here the Bar is not poolside or swim up,so you have to walk to go and get your drinks, a really stupid system I think it would be better if they really want to make money from the guests to use there facilities then they should just do a
minimum spend to use the beds etc.
THE 'GYM' I walked in to the steam shower and it was out of order, I try to do a day here and there when I am travelling just to keep moving-but here I walked in and walked out,very small one machine and a couple bikes which was being used, but still better than nothing but didn't see any free weights.
I found the front of house the car valet guys to be very friendly and generally more enthusiastic.
The house keeping only said hello after we said first to them-this is basic hospitality training to acknowledge
everyone ,even a smile if you can't speak the language.
THE LOCATION- this we found a problem as most of the good bars and restaurants etc are a good
35 minute walk which is OK if you don't mind that but after a day shopping and then dinner and
drinks etc it was too far for us.The hotel does supply a shuttle bus in the evenings that take you into
the city, but we used it on Bastille day and couldn't find our way back to the pick up point.
Check out was stress free and efficient.
All up we didn't think there was value for money for what we received, I have stayed in Airport motels and
lower rated hotels and had a more pleasant time.
I don't think we will be staying with the Radisson group again in the future.

**** UPDATE- I have just received a personal email from the manager apologising about the experience we had here. Hopefully they can address the issues as I feel it has a lot of potential and with all the competition (closer to town), they should really try and excel in Customer Service.

Room Tip: I would request a high floor with ocean view- but the highest we got was the 3rd (after our complain...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank smorgs100
reginekruger, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your feedback posted on tripadvisor concerning your recent stay in Nice.

We can assure you we take all the here above mentioned problems seriously, and we will do everything in our power to make sure they do not happen again.

The entire team of the Radisson Blu Hotel Nice looks forward to welcoming you again soon and remains,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Firstly all the positives we used our points to book this stay and were given an upgrade to a business room that had a partial sea view. The Room was big, had everything in it and a great balcony the staff were all really helpful. Housekeeping did your room in the morning and came back in the evening and Breakfast was good. The Conceierge were really helpful ofwith great tips on where to eat. The Bus service that the hotel ran daily in the evenings to the old town is a fab service leaving on the hour from 6pm and then picking you up from the same place on the half hour to bring you back free of charge upto 11.30pm. The views from the rooftop were great and although it was expensive to have a drink there it was well worth it once. We had a late flight and the hotel gave us access to the fitness centre to change and it was very clean and a great facility.
Having had family visit the hotel 2 weeks before us in June we knew that you had to pay for the beach so were expecting that but they had not paid for using the pool. So here comes the negatives only one but it's a big one! When we arrived our room wasnt ready so we said we would use the pool it was at this stage we were advised it would be 20 euros per person to use it for the day and 12 euros for half a day. The staff were not too clear and said you could swim free but were very vague.
I rechecked the website and there was absolutely nothing on there about paying for use of the sunbeds at the pool at all. There were signs at the pool about paying but they were not clear. as to when you needed to pay or when you didnt or when a half day started or ended . Having spoken to the staff it appears that the charges are in force during July and August and I thnk it is a new thing. Also it certainly seemed to me that after a certain time in the afternoon people arrived but did not pay!
Also they were quick to take beds off us. We paid for a whole day left our beds around 3pm (with towels and drinks to go and get lunch.) When we came back we found our beds were being used by others. When I asked I was told "oh we thought you had gone". No apologies and the new people werent moved we were! Everyone at the pool was complaining about the cost and how they were unaware of the charges before they booked. Some had stayed at the hotel before and had never paid.
Also be aware that the half day starts/ends at 2pm regardless of when you arrive. and even though there is a charge the beds are all busy as people come at 8.30 leave their towels on beds and come back later.
So after al that would I come back? Yes I would as it is a lovely hotel but I would avoid July or August.

2 Thank Rita G
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience on tripadvisor and thereby providing a valuable feedback on quality and service.

We are very sorry that we did not live up to the service standards we promised you in relation to the swimming pool area, the organisation for attribution of the sun beds and the insufficient information given in relation the seasonal fees.

We look forward to your next stay.

Turku, Finland
Reviewed 17 July 2014

It was already the second time my family stayed in this hotel – this time we picked a room with sea view and it was well worth the money. Breakfast is very, very good and the pool on the rooftop is awesome. The hotel is clean and pleasant, and there's all you need in your room.

The thing I really love in this hotel is the always friendly and polite customer service. There were quite a few mistakes in our hotel bill (e.g. parking fee even though we didn't have a car with us), but it was easy and quick to fix the problems with the hotel staff – "il y a pas de souci" we were told and everything was fixed. The concierge is also very useful and the staff is welcoming and kind.

It's a pleasure to come to France and be able to speak French with the natives – in this hotel it's easy as they slow down and explain everything patiently to foreigners.

Merci encore, on a bien profité chez vous!

-Les trois finlandais

1 Thank Seiska
reginekruger, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Following your comments on “tripadvisor.com”, we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

3 nights was not enough. Great position with pool on the roof 8th Floor and beach beds, bar & restaurants on the beach right outside. My only shock was €20 to go in the pool and get a bed and towel!! €28 on the beach for the same! €28 for Breakfast!! having said that it seems the norm for the South of France. Would def visit again as no other surprises. Nicolas the Concierge is great. Ask him... and he delivers. Room has everything you would expect and bathrooms nicely appointed. Tip: If you want to go to Monaco for a day out. €90 each way in a taxi or €7.50 return and 27mins on the train!! Well worth it!

Room Tip: Beaches are stones not sand in Nice. You have to get a sun bed.... Although, you don't get sand...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank AndyEgan
reginekruger, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay we thank you for your constructive comments concerning our overall hotel services and staff.

With regards to the pool and the beach, we inform you that the access for a swim is free of charge.

The seasonal access fee includes not only sun umbrella and sun bed, but also a full restaurant and bar service as well as toilet, changing room facilities and free Wi-Fi access.
In parallel, you will find the information in the hotel binder in the room, at the swimming pool entry and on our hotel website.

Radison Blu, France
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in July, fantastic hotel with lovely panoramic views of the city. Roof top pool and a private beach what more could anyone ask. Some things require extra charge but well worth it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Guest,

We thank you the time you have taken the time to share with us on the tripadvisor.com your concerns and we are happy to hear that you appreciated your recent stay at our property.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

General Manager Radisson Blu Hotel Nice