“I only wish it was clloser to the city..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Blu Hotel, Nice
Ranked #47 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Copenhagen
“I only wish it was clloser to the city..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2010

Room was great, nice bed,s bath room and tub roomy. Breakfast was the best part stayed there 2 hours just so I could try out everything and enjoy the morning sun outside.
Dinner restaurant was excellent with a fantastic view of the riviera. Had clams that were cooked to perfection. Room service was disapointing, undercooked creme brulee and cesar salad to salty.Concierge service was excellent could not have been any better.
A great choice for a hotel I just wish it was closer to the city.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2010

I had the pleasure to stay at the Radisson Blue, Nice last week.
Wow what a breath of fresh air. Roomy lobby, smiling employees, nice room, great bed. Just to name a few of the great treats this hotel offers.
We needed a restaurant on sunday evening outside the hotel. The concierge went to call many restauants in the vicinity to see if they were open. He eventually went out to personally check the status of a restaurant close to the hotel. When he came back he confirmed the restaurant being open and already reserved a table for us. He went above and beyond.
Our whole stay was nothing but good words.
For us a two thumbs up location and we will for sure return here.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2010

We had gone to Europe for 12 days..primarily we stayed in Barcelona nice Florence and Pisa. Drove almost 1500 kms in 12 days. We are frequent traveler and stayed in almost all the best hotels in the world. Our experience with this hotel is excellent. Very good staff with great services. Bit far from centre but service of the hotel compensate for everything.
Out of all 12 days we had the best 4 days here.
I must recommend

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
istanbul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

i and mywife liked too much.room was bigger than we need . we rent a bycle to ride everything was perfect .breakfast and dinner also very good

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2010

The other recent reviews look pretty good to me.

If location is important to you, do check carefully where this hotel is before booking. It's not in the centre of Nice. It's about a 45 minute walk or a short taxi ride to get to the old town where all the nice restaurants are. Having said that, it's right on the sea front, so there are spectacular views to be had if you have a sea-view room. It's also pretty handy for the airport.

The hotel itself was pretty good. Room was comfortable. The in-room safe gets special mention for being huge: I could fit my laptop in its case into it comfortably. There is also free internet access, which is nice. Be aware that internet access is wired, not wireless as incorrectly stated on the hotel's website. At least there was no wireless signal in my room (1st floor), but I suppose it's possible that there was wireless elsewhere in the hotel.

Staff were helpful, and food was good.

A couple of fairly minor complaints: it's very inconvenient to take the stairs upstairs. If you are heading to one of the higher floors you'd probably want to take the lift anyway, but this was a disappointment given that I was on the first floor and would have taken the stairs by choice. You need to open a combination lock to get at the stairs.

When checking out on the last day of the conference, there was quite a queue at reception. Yes, I know that several people were checking out at once, but how hard could it have been for them to predict that this would happen on the last morning of a conference and put on a few extra staff?

But on the whole, I was happy, and if the location works for you, then I would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank NautiusMaximus
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson Blu earlier this year in the spring and were put off by some slip ups by housekeeping staff. I wrote a review that wasn't really scathingly negative, but gave the hotel a few deserved hits. During that stay we were in the hotel for only two nights, and frankly I am an extremely "picky" traveler. My review was noted by the hotel management and their Manager wrote to me with an apology. I found it interesting that Radisson's Management paid any attention AT ALL, since most hotels don't. We decided to try again.

We returned on November 5th for a week and used the hotel as a base for sight seeing on the French Riviera. The room we occupied was facing the ocean and included Breakfast (an extensive spread in a comfortable restaurant). Free internet access that was seamless. the bed was exceptionally comfortable with superior linens and pillows. the entire staff was friendly and helpful and our lack of ability to converse in French was never a problem. English was spoken by nearly the entire hotel staff fluently.

Regarding the room itself, there were a few things that we found particularly thoughtful and well reasoned. The safe was a "bin" with a pull out draw that you could put larger items into, such as computers - as well as the small things you normally wish to lock up. It was the largest in-room safe i've ever seen. The bath towels were larger than most hotels and excellent quality. The hotel has bicycles which you can use to ride down the wide pedestrian strip that follows the seashore for miles. Our balcony was facing east directly across the water. Beautiful view and blazingly bright sunrise. The room's curtains were perfect for entirely blocking out that blazing sun when we didn't want to get up early (which was EVERY day). While the location of the hotel is NOT in the center of the historical district, it IS roughly midway between the airport (at one end of the crescent that comprises the city's oceanfront) and that city center that is the attraction to most tourists. I believe it to be a better location than in the midst of all of the tourist activity and resultant noise.

We particularly enjoyed the food from room service. Nice, at one time, was part of italy and the traditional italian food here is a good as in Italy. They have a dish on the room service menu of "tagliatelle" (similar to fettucine) which was obviously hand made. That pasta was superbly delicious - i wanted to adopt the room service chef and take him back to the USA. During the week we stayed we had it three times.

Once the basic necessities of a good hotel stay are met, comfortable bed, quiet sleeping environment, clean and functional bath, then the things that set apart a good hotel from an excellent one are in the hands of the staff and how they make you feel. I previously complained about the high cost of parking a car overnight at the hotel and arrived with the intent of avoiding that charge. Amazingly, the valet and doorman helped me to find a spot to parallel park on the street within 25 yards of the hotel entrance daily.

Every vacation has one or two minor or major disasters. Mine came from my own ignorance. I accidentally sat on my only pair of glasses. I took them down to the concierge desk with the intent of borrowing a small screwdriver in order to reattach the screw and perhaps bending them back into usable form. Nicholas, their Concierge, took the glasses from me and told us to go about our business and he would return them later.

When we returned from sightseeing, he had my (expensive) designer eyeglasses looking like new and fully repaired. He had sent the doorman out of the hotel to take the glasses to an optical shop and wait while they were repaired. He returned them to me with a gracious smile and no charge for the repair (I tipped the doorman generously for that unexpected service). Now THAT is going above and beyond.

During our six days, Nicholas was instrumental in steering us to the best restaurants and historic sights of the city. A good concierge can be worth his weight in gold. I found their doormen, valet's and concierge exceptionally friendly and consistently looking for ways to assist us. We rarely had to ask for something, they seemed to anticipate what we needed.

A wonderful and memorable experience. Should we return to Nice in the future, this will be our hotel of choice.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LenM
GB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2010

This is a good hotel, nice pool and breakfast terrace on roof with excellent view of the bay however it is not near the centre/old town and although the hotel runs a mini bus at set hours this is on a first come first serve basis so it was some times full

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends