“Location unbeatable!”

Ranked #50 of 205 Hotels in Nice
Perth WA
“Location unbeatable!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights at West End in a suite on the top floor with balcony. What an amazing view. We loved the hotel. The location is awesome. The staff were very friendly and helped us with day tours, advice on restaurants etc. All in all, a very enjoyable time!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms make the most of the amazing ocean views
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
HOTEL-WEST-END-NICE, Directeur général at Hotel West End, responded to this review, 18 April 2015
Dear Guest,

It has been a great pleasure welcoming you to our hotel. I would like to thank you, on behalf of our staff and management, for your comments.

We truly appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive to exceed the expectation of all our guests.

General Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed at the Hotel West End at the start of October and what a great location it is. Initial disappointment at not having a sea view was soon overcome by the peace and tranquillity our room offered. The location is superb, opposite the sea, very close to the bus stop for the airport bus and within easy walking distance of the old town, the rail station the seafront and also some lovely bars and restaurants.

Staff here very helpful and friendly and great for finding information required to make a stay enjoyable, even to the extent of checking the internet for British football results on Saturday evening!

The one negative, as mentioned in the review by PJM2123, is the poor shower enclosure which with us too caused a wet and slippery floor and also a seemingly high step down from the bath to the floor.

That apart it is an excellent hotel in an excellent location and I'm looking forward to my next visit

Room Tip: for peace and quiet choose a non sea facing room but if you want the best view and dont mind the out...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I will be glad to show you our other room with shower, hope we can find one you like

Bedford, NH
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel in June. The room was quite large by European standards. It was on an upper floor and had a great view of the water as well as the city. The only negative was the shower in the bathroom which had no enclosure so the floor got wet and slippery. We booked a package with breakfast and an electric mini car. The breakfast was very good with both hot and cold items, fruit, pastries, and best of all, chocolate croissants We found the desk staff were generally very helpful. When our train to Paris was cancelled due to a train strike, the concierge found us a flight and made the reservations for us. I also had my passport stolen and the concierge was very helpful printing out the documents I needed to get it replaced. The concierge was amazing!! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

E
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice, just because of its location. However, last time I stayed their low service standards were more obvious. I was there for a wedding and asked for an iron at check in. They couldn't provide me one till the wedding day! They keep lying about how they had one but it was taken. How could that be?? for 2 days! Anyway... Location is good but it's not very clean (compared to the Money they charge). You would be better off staying in a hotel behind the Promenade. Since they charge less and you will get the same quality.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time you spent writing us that comment.
I will take in care in each things of your comment to exceed your futur stay with us.

Looking hopefully to welcome you soon,

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed 4 nights at West End. Newly renovated room on 6th floor was large, modern and very comfortable. Excellent bathroom and a beautiful robe and slippers were provided. Internet and tea/coffee facilities added bonus. But the best is the location! Right on Promenade des Anglais with a small balcony and sweeping ocean views! You are so in the action with many good restaurants near by but being on the 5th floor and double glazing...noise was not a problem. Service was adequate without being excellent. Would definitely go back! What a wonderful place to visit ...Nice!

Crofton, Maryland
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I should start by stating that I was in Nice on business with very long days scheduled. This hotel came so close to being good! But the staff and a couple of other things kept coming up short. This is an older building, quite charming and well kept. My room was newly renovated -- tiny but very comfortable and immaculate, with a nice contemporary bathroom. It had everything you need, plus some things you wouldn't expect, like fluffy bathrobes and huge bath towels. The toiletries are pretty poor quality but that's okay for a few days. Lots of wall plugs, which are always a plus, room service, etc. It has a great location in the beach, the breakfast buffet is good and the restaurant is excellent. Now the downsides: TERRIBLE wifi - but only at night. It worked great during the day. I asked one of the staff about it and the response was "I don't know." Which leads me to the other downside. The staff is always polite but manage to somehow mess up virtually every encounter. The desk clerk insists my bag must be taken to my room for me - and 30 minutes later I'm ringing the desk to nudge them to get it upstairs. Nothing catastrophic, but frequently annoying. I'd say stay here, but be prepared to exercise a bit of patience.

Stayed September 2013

Looking hopefully to welcome you soon,

Phoenix
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Great location right on the Promenade des Anglais. Friendly and helpful staff available around the clock (our flight was at 6am so we had to arrange a taxi at 3am and the staff was friendly and helpful even at this time!) We enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.