“Good & Bad”

NH Nice
Ranked #31 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The Good is that this hotel is located close to train station and very, very close to the tram stop (4 stops to old town and 5 stops to new town).
Bed was very comfortable and while room was clean it was slightly dated (cracked mirror / worn paint) and the toileteries were not always refurbished.
The roof top pool is amazing
Anthony at reception is one of the highlights of the hotel -- great guy

The Bad -- The WiFi was non existent and I NEVER got it free.
The breakfast is too expensive - there are loads of cafes nearby.

BUT THE WORST WAS CHARGING ME 1 (one) EURO TO PRINT MY AIRLINE BOARDING PASS -- THIS IS ATROCIOUS --- A 4 STAR HOTEL DOES NOT CHARGE CUSTOMERS 1 EURO FOR BASIC FACILITIES.. Personally dont think i'll stay here because of this -- unless they do away with this silly charge

Room Tip: stayed on middle of third floor ---------- good location
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MatureCouple55

Reviewed 20 July 2014

While this hotel did not match my experience from the NH hotel in Madrid, it was still comfortable. The room was very spacious, the bed comfortable and we particularly enjoyed the roof top pool which had a lovely view over the city. The service was however rather impersonal.
There is a tramstop right next to the hotel, and the hotel is also very easily accesible by car from the motorway or the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K P
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and had an excellent time. The hotel is neither in the centre of Nice nor especially close to walk to the Old Town but with the superb tram line only a few metres away and with a day ticket (5 euros) for unlimited use of the buses and tram you cant go wrong.
The hotel is one of the quietest we have ever stayed in. We never heard a door slam, nor had interruptions from noisy people, our room was immediately next to and behind the lifts and we didn't hear any movement and that is quite an exceptional experience.
For a reasonable sum we upgraded to a junior suite and it was worth it. There is nothing better after walking your feet off to sit on a sofa and make yourself either tea or coffee and then watch TV (even if the only English channel was boring BBC World News) Our only disappointment was that the suite was so sparsely furnished. Even with the massive bed there was still room for something other than empty space and all the walls cry out for some (any) decoration.
The bathroom was fairly well provided with toiletries and it was a bonus to have robes and slippers provided.
Breakfast was reasonably fine. If ordered the night before you can save yourself 5 euros. The coffee was good and there was the usual choice of food, though by 9 am the scrambled egg was looking and tasting rather tired and had a strange colour. Better to choose your number of eggs and have them create an omelette with your chosen filling.
We found the staff friendly, helpful and very professional. You wont get an over the top American welcome but you will get a willingness to meet your request in the French manner.
Would we stay here again? Definitely yes but with the promise of just a bit of added colour!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank randn94
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel is in a good location for those who prefer value over views. It is across the road from a tram stop that will cheaply get you to downtown Nice and the beach within 10 minutes. A great Carrefours supermarket is close by and the rooftop pool is very pleasant on a hot day. Our experiences at this hotel, however, ranged from good to absolutely dreadful. .. it just depended on who we dealt with. Upon arrival (as part of a tour group) we were placed in a room with hazardously chipped and broken glass on the wardrobe doors. (a failed attempt to repair it with duct tape had been made, but it was still dangerous) Our request to change rooms was met with a flat refusal from the the female staff member who took my initial enquiry, (perhaps as a result of her quiet disdain for 'bus groups' which seemed to influence the service she provided) however when I pushed the point (we are travelling with a child) the housekeeping manager who came to our room to inspect the damaged door could not have been nicer. She helped us out immediately and was simply delightful. Similarly, when a handbag containing credit cards and ID went missing from the hotel restaurant, front desk staffer 'Edith' simply shrugged her shoulders at us, despite our obvious distress. While restaurant staff and male managers assisted us in the search for the bag, we were told that security footage had been checked and it could not be found. Miraculously, the bag was recovered some 8 hours later, but obviously not from where it had gone missing. We're very grateful to management who pursued the matter when they discovered that we had made a police report, but suggest that further customer service training be provided to some of the hotel's female reception staff. We would also encourage other guests to be vigilant with their belongings in the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Good hotel. Liked it. Located right across the tram station. Spacious rooms. Large lobby. Free wifi. Overall a good experience.
The tram takes you to almost all the important places in Nice. Very convinient.
Excellent breakfast spread.
Hope to visit again soon

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Spent four days at the hotel last month. Fist couple of days where fine.

Hotel has a great rooftop pool with a bar and restaurant.

Unfortunately on the last day the maid stole a pair of expensive sunglasses from my room. I had left them sitting on a table in my room left the room and went to reception to check out while at reception I realised I had left them in my room.

I went back up to the room and the maid was already in there. I went to the table and the glasses where gone. I asked the maid where she had put them and she told me she didn't see them.

I told her she had to of seen them but she continued to deny. I reported this to the reception who where extremely unhelpful and tried to twist the situation into me making false accusations. I left the hotel and received emails saying I was wrong and have made a "misjudgement" about whereabouts of the glasses.

My advice avoid NH Hotels!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Darren R
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I have found the hotel very comfortable, the staff are there to help.
The rooms are very spacious for a single person.
The hotel is close to the city but also close to the promenade.
Stayed here for 2 nights.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo