“A lovely stay with my family”

Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais
Ranked #40 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We were two couples and we stayed at this hotel for two nights, room with see view and views to Promenade des Anglais are perfect, the location of the hotel is very good and you are few steps away from old town and city center

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ramin-Nili
There are newer reviews for Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais

Reviewed 21 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in August and we liked it very much. All staff are very friendly, always greeting you and ready to help with any requests. We had a seaview superior room on the second floor, newly refurbished and very clean. The view was superb and it was really worth paying for it. In the beginning we were slightly worried about the noise from the street, but if you close the window you don't hear any sounds. We went to the beach in the mornings and when we came back at lunch time to change for sightseeing our room had always been made up by then. It was very nice and highly appreciated. The location can't be better, no matter what your preferences are: sightseeing, doing sports or sunbathing. And it's so romantic! We are a bit fussy in terms of cleanliness and this hotel didn't disappoint us. What concerns breakfast we did book it in advance but the girl at the reception said that if we didn't take it she would not charge. So sometimes we had it in the hotel ( it's a usual continental breakfast) but sometimes we just went to the cafe across the street and had breakfast there enjoying fresh air and seaview. There's no need including breakfast into your booking. In a nutshell we would definitely recommend this hotel and hope to be back one day.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Olga57127
Reviewed 19 August 2012

i had a reservation for a superior room with a patio view.
but the room i was actually assigned had only a building view.
it wasn`t worth the price.
I`ll not stay there ever again.

But the location of the hotel is quite good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hideyoshi0309
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I recently spent two nights at this hotel to end my tour around Europe. I had already booked another hotel but changed to the Mercure at the last minute, and can I say, it was the right decision!

The hotel is situated right on the beach. You wouldn't want to be anywhere else in Nice but on the coastline. Considering its location, it is priced quite fair, I paid about €160 a night for a standard room. The great thing about my room was although I was in the 'cheap' room which didn't guarantee an ocean view, we were on the side of the hotel right by a park - so we could still see out to the beautiful blue ocean from our bed, GREAT!!

The room itself - brand new and modern decor. Very spacious with all the little comforts that you want like a decent TV - a kettle and a large bathroom. The bed was EXTREMELY comfortable - I was thoroughly impressed! It was SO incredibly nice - after staying in cheap 3 star hotels around Europe this was a well deserved treat!

Unfortunately I never tried the breakfast which I'm sure is just as good - but this was because the location was so perfect that there were a tonne of cafes and restaurants right on the doorstep to choose from, that I simply made the most of the great location.

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2012

a little difficult to find but nevertheless ok, location is good for beach loverd, across the street to the beach, rooms are good, small but typical of these more popular locations, clean, unfortunately we are non smokers and the room smelled of cigarette smoke, service was very good

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We just came back from a whirlwind trip of France and Italy, and the Mercure Hotel was our 2nd stop. The location was FANTASTIC! It is located right on the promenade and therefore right across from several beaches (the hotel will give you discounts on the private beaches which I highly recommend over the public beaches!). Walking along the promenade is absolutely beautiful, day or night. When we stayed at the Mercure there was a street festival going on called 'Prom Party' which involved several stages spread out along the promenade and live music on each stage. It was really cool to see! There are tons of shops and restaurants close by and you could easily find yourself strolling the streets for hours, taking everything in. I would highly recommend walking to the Old Town from the hotel which takes about 10 minutes. I have never seen anything like it!! There had to be at least 100 restaurants there and thousands of people sitting outside enjoying their meals. The Old Town is also a flower market in the morning. The location of the Mercure is also good in that it's not too far from the train station. We arrive in Nice at the train station and took a short tram ride down the main street and then walked for about 5-10 minutes to reach the hotel. When we left we caught a bus right outside the hotel which took us to the airport.

The hotel itself is very modern! Our room was white and lime green and had very modern black furniture. I think the only downside to the room is that the bed wasn't very comfortable...hard as a rock! Other than that, the room was quite large and had a spacious washroom. The room was clean and the wi-fi worked very well throughout the hotel. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel so I'm not able to comment on that, though the staff told us they were hoping to renovate the breakfast room in the next year. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, especially Jean Jacques who was funny and spoke English very well! I would definitely recommend this place and stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Canadian_Christina22
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This hotel is in an excellent position, right on the Promenade des Anglais and a short walk from the Flower Market and lots of Restaurants. The hotel is easy to find with a GPS but the parking is quite expensive and there is no lift from the carpark. You need to unload your luggage in front of the hotel and then go and park and vice versa when you leave. The decor of the room is very modern and very well laid out. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was lovely, looking out over the Promenade.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends