We stayed here on two occasions during our week in the South of France.
On the first night we had a standard room on floor 2 (there are 3 floors), which overlooked the side road and had a view of the sea to the left. The whole floor was newly refurbished and was very nice. Decorated and furnished much like the UK Premier Inn's it had kettle/coffee making facilities, a large comfortable kingsize bed and other usual furnishings.
There were actually two installations of large patio windows which provided a very functional double glazing and sound proofing facility. These gave access to a very small (juliet style) balcony to let in some fresh air.
The air con worked well.
At night the room was very quiet, which surprised us as the hotel is on the main promenade with lots of passing pedestrians and traffic.
The second visit we paid extra (almost double) for a deluxe sea view room on the front of the hotel overlooking the promenade and beach.
This room had some extras, bathrobe and slippers, tassimo cofee maker etc. It was generally much the same as the first room in terms of decoration, the room was clean and well decorated. The ample bathroom had new fittings and was very clean and pleasant, plus a good range of toiletries. It again had twin patio doors giving very good sound insulation from the road traffic.
Both rooms had reasonable signal for the free wifi facility, but probably not fast enough for video calls.
Plenty of guests staying there and no corridor noise or door slamming, which we hate.
The reception staff were delightful, spoke excellent English and met all our requests with courteous enthusiasm. We left our cases here until it was time to depart for our next location.
If you are flying in to Nice Airport you can get the 98 bus from terminal 1 or 2, which takes only 15 minutes, is 6 euros per person and it stops right outside the hotel (the Grimaldi stop on the promenade). A taxi will cost 25 euros.
The hotel is well situated directly on the Promenade des Anglais and so its 2 minutes to the beach front. It is also an easy 10 minute stroll to the Castle, Cours Salaya (flower market) and miriad Restaurants in the town.
There is a bar/restaurant on the opposite corner where you can get breakfast for 11 euros, a little cheaper than the breakfast in the hotel and you can enjoy it in the sunshine.
All in all well recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea, at n°1 on the Promenade des Anglais,the hotel is located above the famous Ruhl Casino. In thevery heart of the city, you will enjoy Massena pedestriandistrict as well as the typical Old Nice. As far as practicalmatters are concerned, a car park with direct access islocated below the hotel (fee-paying service). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Promenade Des Anglais Hotel Nice
- Mercure Nice Promenade Hotel Des Anglais
- Accor Nice Promenade Des Anglais
- Mercure Hotel Nice