“EXCELLENT”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Wells, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I travelled to Nice at the begining of May 14 we booked 6 nights at the hotel. Its such an excellent location, opposite the beach and easy walking distance to everything, the staff are excellent. Our room wasn't huge but it had everything you would need for a short stay. On our 2nd day there my husband suffered a heart attack and was admitted to hospital for 15 nights and during this time I was able to continue staying at the hotel. I have to say the staff totally supported me through the ordeal and helped me whenever possible from simple things like where to catch the tram to making calls to the hospital on my behalf. Lets be honest no one goes on holiday expecting awful things to happen but I'm just glad I chose to stay in a hotel where nothing was too much trouble. So I would highly recommend this hotel - thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AndreaK2107
Bruno F, Directeur général at Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear customer,

We would like to thank you for your kind comment about our hotel and staff on Trip Advisor and we are very grateful for have received you.
We appreciate your recommendation which helps us to build a better e-reputation for our hotel.

We welcome you to come back visiting Nice and it would be an honour for us to give you warm reception again.

Bruno FELIX

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 June 2014

awsome location, nice and welcoming staff, renovated and fresh rooms, very neat and clean. comfortable beds. perfect sleep quality. yummy breakfast with a great sea view. i would go back there myself and would totally recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: if you want a nice quiet room, take the ones on 3d floor towards the inner yard.
1 Thank Mimi_sthlm
Dear customer,

Thank you for taking your time to post your comments about our hotel and share your experience on Trip advisor.

We welcome you to come back visiting Nice and it would be our pleasure to give you warm reception again.

Faithfully yours,

Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights after the Cannes lions before heading home. Booked online and was shown pictures of a superior queen room. When I arrived I was given a tiny tiny interior room overlooking gravel with an overwhelmingly strong smell of mildew or must, covered with a hefty spray of perfume. I immediately called front desk to change rooms and was given the room I was originally shown in the online booking photos, overlooking the street with a balcony and sitting area.
Service was impatient and rushed. One agent- Delilah? delliot? - had a particularly harsh habit of slamming phones and looking annoyed when people asked questions. Really, I'm watching her tell an old man he's too tired to operate an adapter as I type. Poor old man.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank WanderLush_337
Bruno F, Directeur général at Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking your time to post your comments about our hotel and share your experience on Tripadvisor. We are sorry you have been disappointed with your arrangement.
Therefore your feedback is very important for our team. We always take clients’ demand into serious consideration and try to keep improving our service quality.

Best regards,
Stratton
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I only spent one night here, but if ever we come back to Nice would consider staying longer as we really liked the location, the staff were really friendly and helpful (they all spoke excellent English). We arrived there to find that not only was there a taxi strike but also a national rail strike. This affected our plans to go by train to Cagnes Sur Mere, where an old school friend was picking us up and taking us to his house in Vence. The staff couldn't have been more helpful in showing us where to catch the bus to Vence where we would meet our friend and his wife.

But back to the hotel: the room was spacious with a 6ft bed and the bathroom had a large walk-in shower and was described as "Garden View" - a slight misnomer as it overlooked a triangle of public "garden" but one could see the sea and watch people walk along the Promenade des Anglais. I would recommend this as, if one had a sea view, one might get disturbed by the noise from the Casino sandwiched between the Mercure and Le Meridien. Rue Halevy has a number of good eateries - we had an excellent lunch of grilled sardines in one less than 100m from the hotel and a late supper in the café right opposite.

All in all, a good value, comfortable hotel which has the advantage of being on the Promenade and near the old town/ port. Recommended.

Room Tip: As I said, try for a Garden View room on the third floor rather than Sea View
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruno F, Directeur général at Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear client,

Faithfully yours,

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned from a short trip to Nice. The Mercure is quite basic in terms of public areas but the room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The best thing about this hotel is its location... Just off the Promenade des Anglais. The beach is across the road and it is about 10 minutes walk to the old town. The hotel wasn't exactly cheap ..... But then nothing is in Nice.... It was reasonable by comparison (just under £300 for two nights).....

Would definitely recommend Nice for a short trip......lovely weather, great food and the ice cream is an experience..... Now any recommendations for a boot camp???

Room Tip: I went for the deluxe room which was spacious
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bruno F, Directeur général at Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear client,

Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Let me start by assuring you that the hotel is conveniently situated for all the best bits of Nice, the rooms are air conditioned and very well presented, there are tea/coffee facilities which are replenished every day, likewise with the bathroom soaps and smellies, the staff are friendly and welcoming and the buffet breakfast is the daddy of them all. So, why only an average score ?
It's a question of deception and some caution is needed to avoid disappointment and shattered dreams. When booking, particularly through a travel agent ( in shop or on line ), you will no doubt be allocated a 'Superior Room with 'Queen' bed. This gives rise to imaginings of perchance a sea view or garden view. In most cases your view will be that of an inaccessible pebbled courtyard with four surrounding walls. A prison exercise yard with a designer makeover springs to mind. Pay a LOT more for a sea view or search elsewhere, is my advice.

Room Tip: The majority of rooms are on the inside of the 'quadrangle' shaped building and give a drear...
2 Thank Chris C
Marion T, Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais at Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais, responded to this review, 26 July 2015
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting you review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to know you have enjoyed our location.

All the team hope to see you soon at Mercure Promenade des Anglais.

Best regards,

Cindy Andujar
Marketing and Quality Intern
dubai
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

....at a significantly lesser cost(40%)

Well to be fair, I didn't stay at this hotel, my colleague did, while I was staying at the le meridien in the same building. Was wishing I was staying here .... over 5 days, I would have saved enough money to walk across to the Louis vuitton store and buy a bag!)

Our room sizes and views were exactly the same. Meridien had room service which I never used and a wonderful roof top terrace restaurant, which I had access to any which way, were I to be staying in mercure

The front desk was more human and approachable

Lots of eateries nearby. ..location is really wow

If meridien is a hotel you are considering, then this hotel is a no brainer....especially if you are an LV fan!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank xq22
Bruno F, Directeur général at Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind comment about our hotel and staff on Trip Advisor.

We welcome you to come back visiting Nice and it would be an honour for us to give you warm reception, hope also you will soon buy your wished LV bag.