The hotel has an excellent location on a main road that goes straight down to the old section or over to the beach or up toward the museums and the Russian church. The room was spacious but dated. The sink in our room had a small crack and enamel was off the tub so that at first glance it appeared as if something had been spilled or someone was sick! The hair dryer was the old vacuum cleaner hose type and barely got hot enough to dry your hair. The seat on the toilet wasn't properly attached and was off center. Breakfast was bleak,,oozy eggs, yogurt, almost raw bacon, cold cuts. They didn't wipe down the tables after they had been used and didn't have placemats so if you didn't eat in the first wave; it was hard to locate a table that was crumb free even though it had been reset! Most of the people at the desk were very helpful;especially in offering directions, places to eat etc. One sunday morning a gentleman at the desk told me that NO INFORMATION CENTER was open on sunday. He also smugly told us that most of the shops in the old town would also not be open but some of the museums might be. We started walking when I spotted the sign for the info center...it was right up the hill and around the corner from the hotel and next to the train station and it is OPEN every day! That said, we went in and gathered some info...the old town shops would be open..hmm and some museums are free on Sunday. WE headed to the wonderful Chagall museum and spent a few hours . From here we returned to the hotel and had a snack before going to the old town....which was hopping! I can understand if someone at the desk is new and doesn't know the answer to your question but the guy at the desk was curt, unfriendly and gave us incorrect information. On the positive side, the hotel is set up with a modern decor and there were plenty of elevators for those moving luggage. The best things about this hotel was it's location....It is close to everything and the rooftop view at night was really nice; especially of the church across the street.We were on the side street so noise was not a problem despite there being traffic. I felt this was a 3 star hotel....just could not give it 4 stars .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame is a recently refurbished 4 star hotel located opposite Notre Dame church, close to the Promenade des Anglais and the old city. On the tram line, the hotel is 300 m from the station and 7 km from the airport. The hoteloffers 200 rooms with 2,000 sqm of inner gardens. Enjoy our solarium, beauty centre, swimming pool and rooftop bar with panoramic views over the city. Public undercover pay car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame Hotel Nice
- Accor Nice Centre Notre Dame