1,239 results
All reviewsfree ice creamold townsuperior roomtrain stationquiet streetbreakfast roomgood sizefrench hotelcroissantsboiled eggscharming hotelrue massenasmall hotelshort breakstayed for nightscold meatslarge bathroom
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

It's 3am and I've been awoken at least 5 times from people yelling or engines revving on the street below. Last night the garbage truck came by at 1am!? The bed is hard and the shower is a little half glassed in thing that you can't really move around in. Yes, there is A/C and hot water. Our room does have a mini fridge and wifi. The breakfast is typical European but nice. 3 nights for $633?!? No... I'll be trying somewhere else next time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DirectionGrimaldi, Directeur général at Hotel Le Grimaldi by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Tia,
I answer with some delay because as you know I got in touch directly with you to understand your dissatisfaction.
This is the first time one of our customers complained of noise in the street. I understand you better now.
I'm sad not to have been informed of your misfortune, I would have helped you.
I hope, however, you leave us the opportunity to demonstrate our professionalism.
As I made ​​myself do not hesitate to contact me directly at your procahine booking. I will make sure your satisfaction.
Best regards

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Sadly, this vacation turned out not what we hoped for, since my better half became sick. The staff of the hotel was marvellous, offering not only care and sympathy, but also advice, referral and all sorts of help that were essential. Just for that we'll be ever grateful. Now to the hotel - convenient location, nice breakfast, comfortable bed, and Provencial charm. We enjoyed the view from our room (#45). Met there a charming British couple, who keep coming back to the hotel for years, because they enjoy the attentive attitude of the staff.

Room Tip: Try the side overlooking the church; it is quiet and sunny, with a pleasant view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank poisonpen
DirectionGrimaldi, Directeur général at Hotel Le Grimaldi by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear "Poisonpen" ,
I wanted first of all to thank you for your loyalty to the hotel Le Grilmaldi ****.
As senior author of Tripadvisor, your comment touches us even more.
I will certainly share your praises to all my teams.
Hope to see you soon in our beautiful sunny.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms were fairly nice by French standards. Have learned to lower my standards for this region of Europe. However, the lady manager at reception was very friendly and helpful with suggestions as to where to visit. Location was pretty close to a lot of the places we wanted to visit and pretty close to Gare de ville nice, the main train station. Had a slight misunderstanding with the breakfast provided but it was all cleared up in a jiffy. Would definitely hang my jacket up here if we ever visit Nice again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JumpingDiner
DirectionGrimaldi, Directeur général at Hotel Le Grimaldi by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

It is with great pleasure that I read your comment.
You are right, the general standards have changed but our duty and do you spend good monments us.
Hotel Le Grimaldi **** owns the discreet charm of the traditional houses of Nice.
The city and its lights are also an important asset.

See you soon among us.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Not a bad a hotel, pretty standard for this level in France. It is ideally situated for the promenade, the train station and the shops. We were in Nice for the carnival and it made a good base. The hotel is made up of two buildings, connected by an out door walkway. We were in the second (or other) building; up a lift to the 3rd floor - each floor has 5 well sized rooms with a comfy bed and a pretty good bathroom. We had a great view of the church opposite. There is a small bar in the reception area with big soft sofa's to lounge in.

So why only an average rating? Firstly the breakfast; if the hotel is full there isn't enough seating and queues build up. We're in France, where bread is a passion and the fruit in the markets looks delicious - so why can't hotels buy this stuff and provide a good breakfast? But the big disappointment - having to squeeze past smoking hotel staff in the doorway would prevent me ever returning.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlanandLyn
DirectionGrimaldi, Directeur général at Hotel Le Grimaldi by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Customer,

You spent a few days with us and we thank you.
It is true that the hotel with its two buildings in a charm and is very particular.

I noted your remaques when the breakfasts and we will redouble our efforts even in case of strong afluence so that you too have some baguette French bread is time you came to the breakfasts. It is the same for fruit course.

I forwarded your comments to my team when the cigarette.
But I hope to have the chance to welcome you again with us.

You will then see the improvements that we are putting in place.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was the third time we stayed in Le Grimaldi and I'm sure we will be back! The hotel has great location, beautiful rooms, friendly staff and the prices are very reasonable especially off-season which is when I prefer to visit Nice as it is less busy. We had a superior room facing the catherdral with a little balcony. The room was really spacious and fresh and there was even a small walk-in wardrobe. And the bathroom was huge! Also I really enjoyed the breakfast which was really French with fresh baguette and super delicious little croissants, pain aux raisins and pain au chocolat not the mention really good coffee. So thank you Le Grimaldi and hope to see you soon again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
DirectionGrimaldi, Directeur général at Hotel Le Grimaldi by HappyCulture, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,
It was a pleasure for us to welcome you in this beautiful city of Nice.
Le Grimaldi **** you liked and what is the reward for our team our work.
We look forward to your next stay.