“Needs updating”

Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice
Ranked #56 of 205 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel is well placed for easy access to Tram and bus stops and also for access to Acropolis Congress Centre + Acropolis exhibition place.The staff at reception was very co-operative and cared for complaints raised. For the price they charge, this hotel does not give value. It is a very basic hotel. The breakfast is clean but very average. My main complaint is about housekeeping being very inconsistent in method. I had to complain to the reception for the room not being cleaned properly. The other aspect of overall hotel industry in Europe - The laundry service is non-dependable near holidays. This hotel is not responsible for it but they can at least try to provide a solution to its guests. Working with skeleton staff is not always a great idea. At least hospitality industry shall realize this. Other complaint I have is on the hotel policy of changing the bed covers on alternate days. This is absolutely unhygienic. A person MUST get fresh bed covers every day. This was a ridiculous point that I would say goes deep against Novotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Client,
Many thanks for your kind review. I am sincerely sorry for the disagreements that have partially wasted your stay in our hotel. The entire satisfaction of our clients is our main motivation, and I am glad to read that you were sensible to the professionalism and kindness of our staff.
I give a big importance to your comment concerning the cleaning method of your room that does not correspond to your expectations; The hotel has agreed since 2006 to a new eco-responsible program called “Planet 21” ; To protect our environment, we're reducing our water consumption and recycling our waste. Novotel has already planted tree million trees as part of a global reforestation project supported by the United Nations thanks to cooperation of our clients reusing their towels and sheets one day two.
All our rooms are equipped of switchselves energy system, you can find several selective waste containers in our public areas, and we use renewable energy to heath the hotel.
I hope to welcome you soon again in the future;
Sincerely
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Very well located hotel. Walking distance from the acropolis. Stayed there for 4 nights this week. Upon checkin the first room I was given had a bad stink probably paint or something. They never checked this before issuing a room to a guest. Changing the room was fast thankfully. But service in general is quite disappointing. The staff is rude especially the night duty ones. The wifi is free which is good. But it disconnects the moment you lock your phone which is highly irritating. Mixed feelings about this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear GUest,
Thank you for your kind feedback.. I appreciate the time you took to share the problems you encountered during your stay.

Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that these issues affected your satisfaction during your stay in my hotel.
Please be assured, that I will do my utmost to provide an appropriate follow up to your comments.
I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel.

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My family and I are great Novotel fans after using them in Germany, Belgium and the Czech republic. Always a crisp feeling in interior design and breakfast restaurant. Now when we used them on their home turf I must say the impression was a bit worned. Quite a lot of cigarettes had been smoked on the premises... Service was very good though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your kind rewiew. We are delighted to inform you that our hotel is 100% non smoking area.

Thank you for your trust is Novotel brand and look forward to welcome you again soon

kindest regards
Dana Point, California, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

While the front desk was very polite and professional, it doesn't make up for claustrophobicly small rooms, which are dated, cheaply furnished and not particularly clean. The hotel claims to be renovating, but that appears to mean only the room directly abutting the elevators on each floor. There is no meaningful lobby, and "Executive Level" means that you get free access to the mini-bar, which has been almost completely emptied before your arrival.

Think of this as more of a worn out Holiday Inn Express rather than as a 4 Star business hotel. It is located near the Acropolis Centre, if you have business there, but that small comfort. Look further if you're coming to Nice.

Room Tip: This is a pretty grim business trip hotel for short periods, don't plan to have a nice holiday h...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear M Waler T,
Thank you for the time spent for your review. I am truly sorry that the standards of our rooms did not entirely satisfy you. All our rooms have been renovated at latest in 2008 and they all are minimum of 25 m2; they are all equipped with different bed solutions in function of the needs of each guest, a relaxing area witha confortable sofa, an ergonomic desk, tea and coffee facilities, an electronic safe, high speed internet acess, 2 free water bottles every day, and a large bathroom with shower or bathtub, particularly appreciated by our guests with children. In order to always improve our services, it is true that we will start a new program of renovation at the begging of 2014, on the model of one of the rooms you had the chance to visit during your stay, and that I am happy to read you appreciate.
All our executive rooms have more than all complimentary drinks and treats of minibar, coffee nespresso machine, free and no limit Wi-Fi access, in the bathroom a well-being kit, 1 bathrobe and sleepers and an express check out on request.

all my staff is at your entire disposal on simple request during your stay to answer to your needs, do not hesitate to inform them of any disfonction you would meet in the future.
I sincerly hope that, despite theses issues, we will be welcome you again soon
kindest regards

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 31 October 2013

As frequent visitors to France, Novotel is a brand we are quite familiar with and there is a certain amount of security in knowing what you are going to get from your stay. The Novotel Nice Centre isn't actually in the centre of Nice, but right behind the convention centre. There is also an ice rink and swimming pool complex directly across the road with a tram stop close by that'll take you to Old Nice in a matter of minutes.

We were happy enough with our room. It was a decent size with plenty of space for the two of us. The toilet was separate from the shower room. There was no wash basin in the toilet itself to wash your hands and you had to use the one in the shower room, so that might put some people off. Our room was facing the street and if you opened the window it was a little noisy, but you are in a busy, big city so what do you expect? Again perhaps request a room not on the street side if noise bothers you. It didn't affect me at all and I slept quite well.

We did have a bit of an issue our first night with the hot water in our shower, but a member of staff was up to use promptly to resolve the issue. He did get drenched in the process so I felt a little bad about that! The staff in general were really helpful and friendly. Service was a bit sluggish in the bar and avoid the house red wine. We tried both varieties and they were not good at all. I did try to order a mojito one evening and was told it couldn't be made, but a little while later some other guests were able to order cocktails and I'm not quite sure what that was about. Also tried to order room service another evening around 10pm, but was told the kitchen was closed.

There was wi-fi throughout the building and a little bit slow if you are trying to upload large files, but otherwise fine.

Breakfast was quite good, so if you get a deal that includes that take it! All in all, not quite as bad a hotel as some of the reviews make it out to be. Would it be my first choice in Nice? Probably not. Would I be happy to stay here again if attending an event at the convention centre? Yeah, I would.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sdublin4
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind feedback herein, I am happy to read that your stay in our hotel met your expectations.
I have well-noted your comments regarding the bar and they have already been shared with all my staff in order to always provide to our clients the best service.
If you come again in Nice for our flower carnival from February 14th to march 4th 2014 or during the summer period, I will be happy to welcome you again.
Your sincerely,