“Not bad”

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel is located approx 20 minutes walk away from the old town / seaside as well as about 20 mins walk away from the central train station. There are also plenty of transport links close by (tram is 2 mins walk away). The area itself is not very pretty, surrounded by 70s/80s bureau buildings.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only issue was that they accidentally debited the security deposit from my account instead of just reserving the money for later release. The refund was processed the following day but I incurred hefty transaction / currency conversion fees by my CC company.

The room was good - there was a lot of space and the bed & pillows were very comfortable (I usually do not sleep very well in hotels but I did this time). I liked the fact that the windows opened. Cleanness was so-so. Although I was not very bothered by the fact that the garbage bin was not emptied and used coffee / milk weren't replaced, it was surprising given the price class.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tarvi R
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Tarvi,

Many thanks for your kind feed back . I am glad to read you spent a nice stay with us and that we positively contribute to the quality of your sleeping. I sincerely sorry about the inconvinience caused by the mistake made at the reception at your arrival, should you be prepared to discuss it with me, I am at your disposal at +33 4 93 13 30 93.

I hope that despites this issue, we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future. Kindest regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was a clean and comfortable conference hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel is ideally located to walk / take the tram to the old town or beach. The rooms facing the main road are slightly noisy because of traffic, but I it didn't take from a comfortable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am glat to read you enjoyed your stay during your meeting at the hotel and that my staff and I, we have completelly answered to your expectations. We are at your disposal to organize a new conference in our 250 mq2 area, all fully equipped with beamer, electronic screens and all with day light. We can organize all type of personalized catering, in our provencal restaurant or in our flowered and quite terrace of 150mq2, do not hesitate to contact me again, i will be happy to help you to organize your next event. I sincerly hope to welcome you again. Kindest regards
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed a few days while in Nice. The first pleasant surprise was the room. Spacious, well furnished and clean. I may have been given a superior room, I don't know if all rooms are this good. Good bed and good breakfast. The location is not perfect but the walk to Old Town or the Promenade des Anglais is only about 20 minuts through a pleasant neighhbourhood.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Breiva
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind feed back; I am sincerly happy to read that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel, especially the quality of our rooms, our amercan buffet breakfast and our beatiful city. If you have the possibility to come again in Nice for the festival jazz this summer or for the carnival next year I will be glad to welcome you again. Kindest regards
edinburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Here for a conference at the acropolis. Claims to be 4 star . Rooms no better than a slight better travelodge.

The exterior and front desk may be 4 star but the breakfast area, bar and the rooms are not!

The only benefit that the acropolis is across the road.

Definately not worth the £90 they are charging!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nolanar
Dear Guest,
I am really sorry to read that your stay in my hotel did not meet your expectations .
I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my staff already. If you wish, I am at your disposal to discuss it with you directly. I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel. Yours sincerely,

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was my first time at a Novotel property and was very surprised that it did not live up to its established brand reputation. The best thing about the Novotel Nice Centre was its proximity to the Acropolis, which is the convention center in downtown Nice where the event I was attending was being held.

I found the hotel fairly pedestrian and without many conveniences. For instance, these days it's fairly common to have things to iron with inside the room; here, you must request an iron from the front desk. The room was average and sparsely appointed. It suit my business purposes but wasn't a hotel I would choose to return to on holiday.

The staff was helpful in every instance. My business trip came at an inconvenient time when I was still using crutches while recovering from a broken ankle. Although they have no bell hop services, the front desk clerk was happy to roll my suitcase upstairs for me while I hobbled behind. The front desk clerks are also helpful in ordering taxis; just like in Paris, taxis are ordered...not hailed. And, when there was a miscommunication about a receipt I needed for expense purposes, the staff responded quickly via email after I returned home to the U.S.

The cafe serves very tasty food -- I ate there for complimentary breakfast, had food mid-afternoon in the bar area, and ordered room service. Everything was delicious and nicely presented.

All in all, this is a hotel that is convenient for business purposes if you must be in the central part of the city because of its close walking proximity to the Acropolis. It isn't a good pick for any type of romantic excursion and I would search for other properties if I were a returning tourist and want to be closer to the Riviera and/or old Nice.

Room Tip: You may want to choose a higher floor since the hotel is situated in a busy part of town. There isn...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MonicaJetsetter
Chonburi,Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

My family of 4 people,together with 23 tourists group from Thailand, stay one night here at April 15,2014
Our rooms were clean,well designed in modern style. All devices,TV,A/C,telephone, refrigerator, water boiler,WiFi,hair dryer, bed head lamps worked well. The toilet and bathroom are separated,and very clean. the bed dings were
comfortable.
The breakfast was standard American breakfast. All were bon appetit.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Sighetu Marmatiei, Romania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Avarage and very expensive hotel. I had to stay there for a medical congress afew weeks ago for 4 nights. The room is small, no balcony...no view at all. The receptionists are kind and saying hello politely when you come to the hotel, but if you ask for something, it will hardly be solved(I asked for a muliple extension cord and did not receive it for 4 days!)...the electric instalation is very poor and if you have more than 2 devices to charge it is realy impossible, because there are only 2 electric outlets. I have nothing good to say about the breakfast, it is very poor and basic, inacceptable for a 4 stars 160 euro/night hotel. Novotel usualy is much better than this one, I used to stay in Novotel Budapest and also in Aix en Provence more years ago...and they were much better than this one. I had no time to visit the spa/pool area, so I realy don't know how it is.

Room Tip: There are no rooms with balcony wich is a big minus. The inner yard rooms are better because they ar...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business