Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice
US$342
US$348
US$330
  • Room Service
Hotel West End(Nice)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$192
  • Beachfront
1,215 results
All reviewstram stoprooftop poolold townconference centeraccor hotelsreception stafffamily roommin walkthe hotel is cleanhotel is locatedsmall fridgestayed at this hotel for nightsplace garibaldicroissantsbuffet breakfastcoffee machinesea front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Having read some previous reviews we were a bit sceptical about this hotel but we were not disappointed. We arrived about 1100 not expecting access to our room. Not only did the very helpful receptionist give us our room at that time she very kindly gave us an upgrade to an executive room. Can't comment about other rooms but this room was a very good size which was serviced very well each day. Not only that but we received a complimentary mini bar which although was only soft drinks and snacks was very welcome each day. Hotel has nice rooftop pool and from the roof you get some good views across the rooftops. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. Whilst the hotel is about a 20 min walk into the old town and slightly further to the beach we didn't see this as a problem. It's a nice walk. Tram is almost on doorstep and bus station is a 5 min walk away although surprisingly no direct connection to the airport from there. A no 98 bus does travel from Nice Riquier railway station which is about a 10 min walk away. We used this to return to the airport. All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John181
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear John 181,

Thank you for providing us with feedback relating to your recent stay in my hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our executive rooms and appreciated our panoramic swimming pool. It is fantastic to hear that you will be recommending the hotel to others.

The total satisfaction of our guests is very important to me and all my staff, a comment like yours is our best reward : many thanks!

I look forward to welcoming you back again at Novotel Nice Centre Acropolis.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 19 May 2014

There are two Novotels in Nice; one close to the airport and this (Nice Centre) which, despite its name, does not lie in the center but rather towards the outskirts of the center (a 15-20 min walk away from downtown Nice).

The hotel will not leave a lasting impression: it is old and worn down, with small rooms and claustrophobic bathrooms (even though we stayed in a "deluxe" room), dark hallways, a barely functioning set of elevators which often back up with queues of tired hotel guests.

The hotel is also placed right between two major streets leading heavy traffic in and out of downtown Nice, so plan on keeping the windows shut and place your faith in the last breaths of the barely functioning AC.

The lobby has been designed by someone with obvious anorexia problems, and the roof top pool (which is too shallow for you to swim in; think dipping pool) is mostly occupied by children and noisy teenagers.

The wifi comes in two options: slow and cheap or expensive and (allegedly) fast. There is no in-room entertainment system; only a micro-small TV.

While the breakfast is decent (albeit pricey), you should not venture into the "room service menu" or try any other kind of food at the hotel. In one word: terrible!

The hotel staff tries, however, to offer a good service experience, which is the ONLY reason why this review does not award the hotel a 2* rating. There is simply no reasonable way (even in Nice) for Novotol to justify the hotel prices they are charging for this testament to the "best" of concrete-inspired architecture from the 1980'ies.

Room Tip: They're all old, worn down and small without any view to speak of. It's "concrete" pretty much all around the hotel (and noisy traffic).
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JEM M

Dear Jem,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay in our hotel, although I am always very appreciative of getting our customers reviews I was sad to read that your experience didn't meet your expectations. However your feedback is a personal opinion of your tastes and it does not correspond to an objective comment of the services of the hotel : for example internet access is free all over the hotel, and since January 1st 2014 we have increased the flow in 100 mbit, which is a very high speed access compared to lots of other hotels; During your stay you have been upgraded into an executive room of 25 m2 with a queen size bed, a living area with ergonomic desk, sofa, safe, LCD screen, tea and coffee facilities and a large clothet in the entrance; All our bathrooms are at least 6 m2 with bathtub or shower and separated toilets . In your executive room you benefited of Nesresso machine, all minibar drinks free every day, wellness kit, bathrobe and sleepers.
All our rooms are equipped with air conditioning, but it is true that in April they are not regulated as during the summer season. Accor and Novotel brand since the last 10 years have a strong environment commitment, this is the reason why for example we have changed in all the corridors the lights and settled energy-saving Led. I am sorry you had to wait in line for lift, unfortunately this can happen when it is very busy.
On a positive note, I'm glad that you found our staff to be professional and you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and will also communicate that with the team.
I sincerely hope that, despites these issues, we will keep on staying in Novotel Brand;
Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The hotel is located approx 20 minutes walk away from the old town / seaside as well as about 20 mins walk away from the central train station. There are also plenty of transport links close by (tram is 2 mins walk away). The area itself is not very pretty, surrounded by 70s/80s bureau buildings.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The only issue was that they accidentally debited the security deposit from my account instead of just reserving the money for later release. The refund was processed the following day but I incurred hefty transaction / currency conversion fees by my CC company.

The room was good - there was a lot of space and the bed & pillows were very comfortable (I usually do not sleep very well in hotels but I did this time). I liked the fact that the windows opened. Cleanness was so-so. Although I was not very bothered by the fact that the garbage bin was not emptied and used coffee / milk weren't replaced, it was surprising given the price class.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tarvi R
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Tarvi,

Many thanks for your kind feed back . I am glad to read you spent a nice stay with us and that we positively contribute to the quality of your sleeping. I sincerely sorry about the inconvinience caused by the mistake made at the reception at your arrival, should you be prepared to discuss it with me, I am at your disposal at +33 4 93 13 30 93.

I hope that despites this issue, we will have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future. Kindest regards.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was a clean and comfortable conference hotel. The staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel is ideally located to walk / take the tram to the old town or beach. The rooms facing the main road are slightly noisy because of traffic, but I it didn't take from a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind feedback. I am glat to read you enjoyed your stay during your meeting at the hotel and that my staff and I, we have completelly answered to your expectations. We are at your disposal to organize a new conference in our 250 mq2 area, all fully equipped with beamer, electronic screens and all with day light. We can organize all type of personalized catering, in our provencal restaurant or in our flowered and quite terrace of 150mq2, do not hesitate to contact me again, i will be happy to help you to organize your next event. I sincerly hope to welcome you again. Kindest regards

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed a few days while in Nice. The first pleasant surprise was the room. Spacious, well furnished and clean. I may have been given a superior room, I don't know if all rooms are this good. Good bed and good breakfast. The location is not perfect but the walk to Old Town or the Promenade des Anglais is only about 20 minuts through a pleasant neighhbourhood.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Breiva
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind feed back; I am sincerly happy to read that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel, especially the quality of our rooms, our amercan buffet breakfast and our beatiful city. If you have the possibility to come again in Nice for the festival jazz this summer or for the carnival next year I will be glad to welcome you again. Kindest regards