“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney, Australia
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and found the hotel very comfortable and clean. The staff were very friendly and professional. The tram to the old town was just next to the hotel so it was very convenient. Overall a very good hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comments, we are pleased to read that your stay with us has given you satisfaction.
Hoping to welcome you agin in our hotel.
Yours sincerely

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Woodland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was stayed at the Novotel Nice Centre 6/1 - 6/5, while working at the TM Forum Live event held at the Acropolis. I found the room and amenities to be very nice. The location was perfect and the tram was located right outside the hotel. While the tram was easy to take you are still in walking distance of Old Town and the waterfront. The service at the front desk was very professional and called me a cab to get to the NCE Airport.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding our hotel.
We hope to welcome you shortly in Novotel NIce Centre
Best regards
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Great stay, comfortable and clean. 20 minute walk to centre. Found the cardboard coffee cups a bit odd, would've liked reusable ones so I could have more than one hot drink. Staff was friendly. Great shower!! Appreciated the complimentary bottles of water.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear AJ C,
What a pleasure to read a so kind feedback about the hotel: many thanks!

I have well noted your remark about the coffee cups in the room; it is true that, since the last 10 years, Novotel has a strong environment engagement and took the choice to replace the ceramic glasses in the rooms with paper recycled ones to reduce the consumption of water.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed our staff and our rain jet shower.

I sincerely look forward to welcome you again in the future.

Kindest regards,
usa
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have mixed feeling about our 3 night stay here. The reception staff were great and our room was ready when we arrived at noon. The room itself was large enough for two adults and our two children. The bathroom looked new but the bedroom needs a good clean and update. The blankets that were out on my children's beds I had to take off immediately as they had stains but the sheets and towels were clean. The location was good and yes it was a bit of a walk but that wasn't a problem even with two small children. The food was good and the cafe was nice for a good coffee and to relax. If we were returning to Nice I doubt we would stay there again unless the rooms were updated too.

• Stayed June 2014
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Holidaymakerx3,

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments about the staff and the quality of our restaurant and Bar. I am truly sorry to read that even though the size of the room was satisfaing you have been disappointed by the children's bed sheets. Please allow me to say how sorry I am about that. I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my housekeeping team and together we are working on solving these issues so that our service will no longer disappoint in this area.

Should you be prepared to give me your telephone number, I would like to call you to further discuss this matter directly.

I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel.

Yours sincerly
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Decently sized room, but they wouldn't clean the room until late afternoon in spite of requesting as we had a little baby and we needed to return to the room for his nap. One of the reception staff was not willing to help when asked for information, but we made sure to avoid her when we needed assistance and it was fine. Location wise a little bit of a walk to the promenade but we knew it at the time of booking.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
All feedback is treated with the utmost seriousness and I will investigate your comments with a mind to improve our service to all our guests.
I appreciate it, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel Nice centre.
Kindest regards
Scotland
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Having read some previous reviews we were a bit sceptical about this hotel but we were not disappointed. We arrived about 1100 not expecting access to our room. Not only did the very helpful receptionist give us our room at that time she very kindly gave us an upgrade to an executive room. Can't comment about other rooms but this room was a very good size which was serviced very well each day. Not only that but we received a complimentary mini bar which although was only soft drinks and snacks was very welcome each day. Hotel has nice rooftop pool and from the roof you get some good views across the rooftops. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. Whilst the hotel is about a 20 min walk into the old town and slightly further to the beach we didn't see this as a problem. It's a nice walk. Tram is almost on doorstep and bus station is a 5 min walk away although surprisingly no direct connection to the airport from there. A no 98 bus does travel from Nice Riquier railway station which is about a 10 min walk away. We used this to return to the airport. All in all I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to friends.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John181
Pierre M, Directeur général at Novotel Nice Centre Vieux Nice, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear John 181,

Thank you for providing us with feedback relating to your recent stay in my hotel.
I am delighted that you enjoyed our executive rooms and appreciated our panoramic swimming pool. It is fantastic to hear that you will be recommending the hotel to others.

The total satisfaction of our guests is very important to me and all my staff, a comment like yours is our best reward : many thanks!

I look forward to welcoming you back again at Novotel Nice Centre Acropolis.

Kindest regards
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 19 May 2014

There are two Novotels in Nice; one close to the airport and this (Nice Centre) which, despite its name, does not lie in the center but rather towards the outskirts of the center (a 15-20 min walk away from downtown Nice).

The hotel will not leave a lasting impression: it is old and worn down, with small rooms and claustrophobic bathrooms (even though we stayed in a "deluxe" room), dark hallways, a barely functioning set of elevators which often back up with queues of tired hotel guests.

The hotel is also placed right between two major streets leading heavy traffic in and out of downtown Nice, so plan on keeping the windows shut and place your faith in the last breaths of the barely functioning AC.

The lobby has been designed by someone with obvious anorexia problems, and the roof top pool (which is too shallow for you to swim in; think dipping pool) is mostly occupied by children and noisy teenagers.

The wifi comes in two options: slow and cheap or expensive and (allegedly) fast. There is no in-room entertainment system; only a micro-small TV.

While the breakfast is decent (albeit pricey), you should not venture into the "room service menu" or try any other kind of food at the hotel. In one word: terrible!

The hotel staff tries, however, to offer a good service experience, which is the ONLY reason why this review does not award the hotel a 2* rating. There is simply no reasonable way (even in Nice) for Novotol to justify the hotel prices they are charging for this testament to the "best" of concrete-inspired architecture from the 1980'ies.

Room Tip: They're all old, worn down and small without any view to speak of. It's "concrete"...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JEM M
Dear Jem,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay in our hotel, although I am always very appreciative of getting our customers reviews I was sad to read that your experience didn't meet your expectations. However your feedback is a personal opinion of your tastes and it does not correspond to an objective comment of the services of the hotel : for example internet access is free all over the hotel, and since January 1st 2014 we have increased the flow in 100 mbit, which is a very high speed access compared to lots of other hotels; During your stay you have been upgraded into an executive room of 25 m2 with a queen size bed, a living area with ergonomic desk, sofa, safe, LCD screen, tea and coffee facilities and a large clothet in the entrance; All our bathrooms are at least 6 m2 with bathtub or shower and separated toilets . In your executive room you benefited of Nesresso machine, all minibar drinks free every day, wellness kit, bathrobe and sleepers.
All our rooms are equipped with air conditioning, but it is true that in April they are not regulated as during the summer season. Accor and Novotel brand since the last 10 years have a strong environment commitment, this is the reason why for example we have changed in all the corridors the lights and settled energy-saving Led. I am sorry you had to wait in line for lift, unfortunately this can happen when it is very busy.
On a positive note, I'm glad that you found our staff to be professional and you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and will also communicate that with the team.
I sincerely hope that, despites these issues, we will keep on staying in Novotel Brand;
Yours sincerely.