This hotel is ideally located on the Promenade des Anglais and about 50 metres from the vibrant Cours Saleya (flower market), and has easy access to the old town, the Promenade, and the beaches. The hotel is an easy 20 minute walk from Nice Ville train station, and 5 minutes walk from the central bus stops.
We stayed here for 6 nights for the carnival, and the flower parade passed right outside the hotel which was convenient for us because we had tickets.
There are a limited number of rooms with sea views, which all appear larger on the plan than the rooms overlooking the opera. Our room was at the back of the hotel, and had a small balcony with Church Saint-François de Paule opposite and views towards the flower market. Our room was narrow but had a high ceiling, which the hotel have used to put the bed on a mezzanine. The narrow room means that there that there is very limited space around the bed, and head room is limited. The bathroom had a hip bath and shower which was spotlessly clean, and the bedding and towels were changed daily.
The hotel location promises much but I have only scored this as average because the narrow layout makes the room feel enclosed, which is a huge shame because it could be so much better with a better layout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Nice Marché aux Fleurs hotel enjoys an exceptional location, on the beachfront and directly overlooking the Promenade des Anglais. This 4-star hotel with 49 rooms, but no lift, is just a few yards from the tram route and 5.3 miles from Nice International Airport. Staying at the Mercure Nice Marché aux Fleurs hotel provides you with an ideal base in the town center, in Old Nice, a short walk away from Cours Saleya and its famous Flower Market. Free WIFI and 3 public paying car parks nearby. Breakfast room and bar fully renovated in 2015. Charming hotel with Provence-inspired rooms. Located on the French Riviera, the Mercure Nice Marché aux Fleurs hotel offers a prime location on the Promenade des Anglais, facing the sea, allowing a direct access to the beach. In Nice city center, more specifically in the Old Town, the Mercure Nice Marché aux Fleurs hotel is adjacent to the Nice Opéra. Discover the French Riviera while being just steps away from the Flower Market and the Cours Saleya. Enjoy its outstanding location to visit or to hang out in the lively area of Nice historical center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mercure Nice Marche aux Fleurs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Marche Aux Fleurs Hotel Nice
- Accor Nice Marche Aux Fleurs