Hotel Le Seize
  • Room Service
Hotel H33(Nice)
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewswater temperatureroom was cleanshort stayplace massenareasonable budget hotelold fashioned liftgreat locationold towndefinitely stay at this hotel againhotel is locatedfacing the streettrain stationfive nightsnice bathroomyogurtrecommend this hotelreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed there again for a few nights. The decor in my room had been transformed since the last visit. There's a new shower and wash basin and wc. New wardrobe and counter, along with some tastefully wood panelling on the walls. There's new carpet and the ensuite (a bit small) has been retiled.
Still very good value especially considering the location- 5 mins to stop for airport bus (98), 10 mins to the beach, 5 mins to main shopping street, 5 mins to the old town.
I found each one of the staff very pleasant and polite.
I would agree with previous reviewer, that at night, it can be noisy outside due to a night club down the road and bin trucks have a habit of working thru the night, so yeah, you kinda have to keep the windows closed, however I normally kept it open for fresh air.
There are brand new air con units in the room, and helpfully they have added additional electrical sockets/ power points.
Probably the only problem in my room, was the very small shower- you need to be careful to make sure the shower curtain almost makes a seal with the wall to avoid soaking the whole place. And the fridge remains which is good.

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank fanuimhirahaon
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel on two different visits to Nice and thought it was just fine, especially for the price. I have noticed, like many other cities, that Nice hotels have rates that fluctuate with dates and days, but overall the price I received on this hotel was probably the lowest for the proximity to central Nice. The room was very adequate (better than other "like" rooms) and I didn't have a problem with it. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a better price, no hassle, friendly staff, and an overall good stay

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank ERIC W
Reviewed 16 August 2013

no hairdryer in the room, no safe in the room. Elevator is older that my grandmother. Breakfast is extremely poor even for 8 EUR per person.
noisy - as there were few bars nearby the hotel so we could not open the window.
water did not drain at all in waterbasin so we had to brush the teeth in the shower.
room was clean, and i would say rather good.
lady at the reception (from the South Africa) was wery friendly and helpful and spoke proper English which is not so easy to find in that area )))
the only advantage of this hotel is its location.

Room Tip: choose other hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ilona K
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We arrived at Hotel de Kent one day late, and were not able to contact the hotel staff because we did not have a French handphone number. Because they marked us as a no-show on the first day, they billed us for the room for the full 4 days, and kept a room for us. However when we arrived the next morning to inform the receptionist of our check in, the English lady with short blonde hair started cursing at us and in front of my wife, started saying things like ''[--] it'' while trying to get our room ready, which was already available for us in the first place. She took abut 30 minutes to get this done, cursing all throughout. We kept trying to inform her we were no longer interested in staying at a place that has given such a disgusting experience, and confronted her about all her cursing. She followed by denying all the allegations and even said she was so moral that she would never swear, yet at the same time saying ''I never said [--] or [--] it. It's french.'' When asked to contact upper management, she refused to give a contact and we left. DO NOT go to this hotel unless you are wishing for an unhappy visit to France and burning a hole in your wallet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dominictys
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I stayed there for a few days. Considering its central location in Nice, it's good value. Basic rooms etc, but if u want luxury you'll pay easily 2 or 3 times the price per night. Much rather spent that on meals, drink etc. it's very close to main Place Massena, quick walk to Beach, close to main bus stops including 98 to and from airport.
Staff were welcoming and friendly. Don't know what the breakfasts were like, as I bring my own travel kettle. Which reminds me, there's a small fridge in the room which was ideal for me to keep rice milk fresh, and handy for leaving a bottle of white wine in.
Just off rue Hotel de Postes,
Definitely stay there again, perhaps even later this year.

• Stayed: April 2013