“Sufficient hotel in a central location”
Review of Star Hotel

Star Hotel
Ranked #81 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel was centrally located just of the main street- it was surrounded by shops and resturants which was great. It was also just a 10 minute walk to the train station/bus stops- which was very convenient. The room was small but very clean. The bathroom was a lot bigger than others i have seen in Europe. Only complaints was the lack of elevator up to our room on the 3rd floor- so please specify if you have excess luggage. Also the airconditioner did not work. However staff were helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a basic place to stay in Nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Samm204

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We spent 5 nights here and it was an excellent base for getting around the city on foot and by public transport. It was an easy walk from the main train station where the airport bus drops off and picks up.
The room was very clean but very small which would not have been a problem if the air conditioning had been on, but as the hotel don't turn it on until later in the season it did get very stuffy.
We also had a problem with noise which is not surprising in a city hotel, but what disturbed me was the rubbish trucks coming round in the early hours and making a lot of noise. I should have packed my earplugs.
The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant.
We had the breakfast each morning which was quite adequate for a small hotel. Lovely fresh bread, croissants,pastries and coffee,
Generally an enjoyable stay apart from the noise at night (though not the hotels fault), but a basic no frills hotel.

Room Tip: Pack your earplugs
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jule.F
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This is a really unusual review for me. Usually I am reviewing the accommodations and this location ( which by the way is excellent).
This time I'm reviewing attitude. I booked for a Tuesday and realized that the Chagall and Matisse museums were closed.
I went on the website and rebooked for a Monday and it was half price with a free breakfast. Nice. !
When I arrived I asked about the " Monday discount ". I was informed that a new assistant messed up the website and that the half price was an error.
I said do you want me to make up the difference ?
The response is all you need to know ---- " no sir it was our mistake. Enjoy your stay ".
Good location -spotlessly clean and honest decent management at a great price. End of story.
Book it. You will not regret it. Have a great time.

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank RBB7
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I'm not sure if this is a 3-star hotel, I'd give it more of a 2-star. The room was very small - we had 2 small suitcases and we found it hard to find a space to leave them open. And there is no elevator. Thank goodness our room was up only 1 flight. Our shower was only a 2ft by 2ft stall that was very difficult to shower in. The good things; it was clean, the beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and it was centrally located. The breakfast as OK but nothing to write home about. It's about a 15 minute walk from the train station and about 10 minutes from the start of old town. Reception provided excellent recommendations for eating and places to go. I recommend it if you want a cheap place to stay in Nice. Just don't expect anything but the basics.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. The last night we stayed a bunch of kids decided to have a party in the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mplegere
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel is well situated in central Nice with easy access to the major tourist attractions and public transport. Rooms are clean and comfortable with very good service provided by the reception. In short, a very good accommodation option in Nice.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Sidney L
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Never got to stay in this hotel. I booked it February 1, 2014 for April 25 and 26th. Because of credit card fraud in the U.S.A. our card number was changed. They let me know today that my card did not go through. They cancelled our reservation and now say there are not rooms available. This is bad customer service. Can't say anything about the hotel. This is not acceptable.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank virginia k
nicestarhotel, Responsable réception at Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry that you won't be able to stay with us for your stay in NIce. I'm sure you would have had a good stay at the hotel like all our guests.
You made a reservation with a creditcard that was valid at the time of the reservation but it was changed. The card needs to stay valid until the arrival day, otherwise we can't gurantee the room. We only have the right to pre-authorise the card for that kind of reservation and the pre-authorisation gets cancelled after a couple of weeks. If your information change you need to contact us, which your never did. It's easy to blame the hotel everytime there is a problem but everyone needs to take its responsability. We hope you have a wonderful stay in Nice and that we'd be able to accommodate you some other time.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The outdoor appearance belies the quality of services within. The very qualified staff knew more about Nice than the tourism bureau and helped us all the time; the clean rooms and attentive staff were worth a lot. The hospitality is surprising in such a large city, and the access to everything in the city is easy from the tramway station closeby in the pedestrian street.

Room Tip: We liked overlooking the quiet street below.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple