“Nice Fleurs”

Ranked #173 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice Fleurs”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

We stayed in Residence Nice Fleurs for three nights and were really disappointed.

We struggled with the smell of smoke in our room and had to leave the window open and fan on for the whole stay! The facilities were basic but okay - However, the smell of smoke was just fowl!

Also, consider taking your own toilet paper - we were provided with two rolls and asked to go to the supermarket should we need more!

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jared-Daina

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Kingussie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

While I signed in!!! Camera bag strapped to my wheelie bag was unstrapped and snatched.... Camera lenses + kit, chargers for phones , eye glasses, wallet, £250.00, Visa cards, driving license, car keys, At the police station 10 or so reporting stolen items and on my return the next day another crowd. Be careful, have an emergency plan for such things, it seems the French supplement their economy this way. This is not an Hotel, it is a residence, it is not secure.
Our room was on the north side of the building ... street noise (it's on a 24h rat run) was high especially at 12.30am for daily bin collection. No air con. Dated decor. Bed was OK. We had very little money left so relied on the kitchenette, it is very basic but managed to make do, good shopping two streets away. Would not go back or recommend.

Room Tip: No good rooms! But price is low for location and dated decor.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JMarkJ

Travellers are raving about these Nice hotels

London, England
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed here for just one night en route back to the UK, and we were thanking our lucky stars that we'd only booked for the one night.

Before I start my review, I should point out that I am fluent in french, and so any unhelpful service cannot be put down to miscommunication, or the occasional shoddy treatment of tourists who cannot speak the language.

The room was tired, the bed was ok but the sofa bed was horrible, all saggy from use. The bathroom was a bit hit and miss, the toilet seemed to have been cleaned but there was mildew around the shower which was a bit nasty.
My son dropped a few crumbs from a biscuit on the floor, and soon enough I saw the crumbs migrating across the floor. Turns out that ants had been attracted and were busy carting off their prize. I wouldn't mind if this was outdoors, or even on the ground floor with doors open, but 3 floors up? Yuck.

I really should have done more research before booking, as I was most surprised by the lack of air conditioning. In an area which regularly hits the high 30s if not higher, I was astonished by the lack of any cooling. The ceiling fan would have been nice if it was over the bed, but as it was we had to push the bed into the middle of the room to have any benefit at all from the fan.

We didn't use the facilities in the kitchenette, but there was a gaping hole where I presume a dishwasher should have been. The dishes and glasses left for use were a little grotty, I suppose seeing as the previous guests hadn't been able to use a dishwasher they were not as clean as I would have liked; hence why we did not avail ourselves of the facilities.

The staff too were a bit hit and miss. The woman who checked us in was supremely unhelpful: when I asked if they could provide a travel cot as per my booking she said that they did, it was in the room, and she even showed me the reception notes to 'prove' it. I had to insist that I am neither blind nor particularly unobservant, but there was in fact no cot in the room. When the cot did arrive, I was amused to find that it was quite obviously an old linen basket (of the sort used by housekeeping when they clean out the rooms). It did have a perfectly serviceable mattress, so I didn't complain but was quietly amused nonetheless.
The receptionist on our checkout was, by contrast, lovely. We had checked out and went for a walk before our taxi arrived to take us to the airport, and we were caught in the mother of all rain showers. We (including my 15 month old son) were drenched, and the receptionist kindly gave us towels to dry off, and let us use the luggage room to sort ourselves out, change into dry clothes etc. If I could remember his name, I would send a formal letter of thanks to the management about him.

Overall, I can't say that I would ever come back to Nice Fleurs. The location is good, but the negatives far outweigh the convenience of venue, and next time I will just stump up more cash and stay somewhere a little nicer.

Room Tip: choose a room in another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank kicki21
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Dirty carpets in all apartments, not toilette paper when we arrived, nit air conditioning, not Internet in the room, and old and doubtful linens. Definitely not the experience you want to have in Nice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KarenSchmidt
Newquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I have no idea how this hotel gained 3 stars. The rooms are filthy, with dirt and squashed mosquitos up the walls and the carpets made our feet black. My baby monitor was reading 29 degrees in the bedroom and that was with the wall fan on. If you are after cheap accommodation (which is few and far between in Nice) with a good location and don't mind a bit of dirt, then it is fine, otherwise don't bother!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Traceywit
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Good points - it's in a good location, just five minutes walk from the beach or from the station. No need for a car as buses are cheap and frequent. Staff are friendly.

Bad points - no air conditioning, no pool, building itslef is in dire need of refurbishment. It look like it was built in the 1990s and hasne ben touched since - furniture falling apart, sticky carpets, walls damaged. Well below par, even for a 3 star.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Richard T
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Surprised that this is a 3 star hotel. Don't be fooled by the upkeep of the lobby. The rooms are not worth the value.

Not only was the toilet cover broken and cracked, our toilet would not stop running so we had to shut it off. We asked the front desk to send someone to fix it. No one ever came in to fix the toilet so we had to use the bathroom in the lobby. The shower leaked water out and flooded the floor of our bathroom, had to use towels to wipe off the floor.

Pros: Good location, close to the promenade
Luggage storage room available at no cost

Cons: No air conditioning, very hot
Wi-Fi does not work very well
You have to purchase toilet paper after the first roll

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends