In many ways, the Hotel Boreal is a typical 3 star hotel. The rooms are functional, clean, and a little worn out. By North American standards, the room is on the smaller size, but for Europe, it is pretty standard. That said, we were able to fit our 7-month old son's travel tent at the food of our bed and still had room to get around him.
The bathroom was very clean and had a bathtub/shower unit. The only thing we found odd was that there was no shower curtain, which made taking a shower very difficult. I'm not sure if that was just our room or if all the rooms were that way.
For us, what stood out was the service at the front desk. Not only were they fluent in English, but they were very helpful and always very friendly. Whatever our question or request, they always were always super friendly and responded quickly. They were also very informative with suggestions for restaurants and sight seeing activities.
The location of the hotel is fantastic, half way between the beaches along Promenade des Anglais and the train station. It is a just off the main shopping drag and pedestrian-only street, Jean Medecin, and a two minute walk from the ritzy mall, Nicetoile. Although this area is well connected with public transportation (trams and buses), we walked everywhere - the Chagall Museum, Old Nice, Rue Messena, etc...
Best of all, we found an amazing deal on hotels.com There was a buy two nights get one free promotion. The rate also included a buffet breakfast which normally costs an additional 9 Euro per person.
As an aside, here are a few tips about Nice:
1. if you are returning a rental car at the train station, note that it is a complete zoo and exercise in frustration. You may want to opt to drop it off at the airport instead.
2. The airport is only 20 minutes away from downtown Nice. There are public buses that can take you there from the train station. If you are a larger group with a lot of luggage, the hotel can also book a shuttle for you for a direct drop off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel situated downtown, 5 minutes from Promenade des Anglais & Place Massena. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Boreal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Nice