“Great Location”

Westminster Hotel & Spa
Ranked #39 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed in September for four nights. This was our second time at this hotel and although we have tried others this is in the best location for both beach and shops
The hotel does need updating and the carpets certainly need replacing. The choice at breakfast of either hot or cold food is very good. The hotel has a private beach opposite which we used once at a cost of Euros 22 each. I went to change my towel after swimming and they wanted to charge me Euros 5. We had a reasonable room on the fifth floor looking out over the back. The sea view rooms we thought good but expensive. Walked each evening to the old town where there were outside cafes with reasonably priced food and wine. Would stop here again

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Myrnandbri

Reviewed 31 October 2012 via mobile

This was the second time we were staying in this hotel. For the first time we stayed in a classic room with city view. However we chose the junior suite with ocean view this time and I can tell you that there was a world of difference between them. Our ocean view room was large and bright with a magnificent view of the sea with a nice balcony. We were on the third floor bit there wasn't that much nice from the road. The room probably needed some updating to stay with its glory but was adequate for a 4 star hotel. We also ate at the hotel resturant and were served with complementary drinks and the food was delicious. The view of the sea from the resturant again is simply beautiful. I totally recommend this hotel. We will be back again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I recently stayed for 3 nights in a junior suite,we were very disappointed with the room,it was dirty the carpets were very badly stained,the toilet seat was broken and dirty.The electric shutters did not work,the bedside lamp did not work. The bath/shower did not have a curtain the shower head was broken which meant it flooded the bathroom floor as a result the door was rotting. We complained to reception and the next day we were moved to a renovated room which was acceptable.I understand more rooms are being renovated,I think they should close for this work not stay open.We never saw the manager and it is very clear the hotel has no direction. Its a pity because it has a great location.

Room Tip: Check if the room has been renovated,The seaview rooms are very noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank londonlucio
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My friend and I were there 3 nights in late September. Wonderful location. Great hotel. We figured out we were upgraded to a junior suite. No one told us, we figured it out. Had a wonderful huge corner suite. The view is outstanding. Easy to walk to shopping and restaurants. Nice breakfast also. Would highly recommend this hotel. Weather was nice also. A little rain but mostly sunny.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Booked to stay 3 nights but only stayed 1. We had booked a room on the fifth floor as this floor had been recently refurbished. When shown to our room it was very dull and drab. There was a very steal smell, possibly cigarettes. When I contacted reception I was shown a number of other room which were no better. One had really bad stains on the carpet. We were shown a junior suite with sea view which was very nice so we agreed to pay the extra supplement to stay in it. On checking in to this room I went into the bathroom and to my horror I found a used sanitory towel still there from the previous guest. As this room was only available for one night we checked out the next day.

If you are looking for nice bright, fresh, clean accommodation I would not recommend the Westminister. Pay a bit extra and stay in one of the more superior hotels.

Room Tip: Only stay if you are getting a good rate on a junior suite with sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

The location of this hotel was fantastic. Stayed with my sister and her friend and we had two rooms. Right on the promenade and around the corner from the old town. The building is beautiful, and the room where breakfast is served is gorgeous. The breakfast was good and there was quite a good choice (although the scrambled eggs a bit runny for my liking) The rooms were a very decent size for France and the decorations very simple but tasteful. I did a lot of research and this was the best value for money for a 4 star hotel in this location. It was perfect for doing day trips to Monaco and Cannes. The reception staff were helpful and friendly. The one downfall is that it only has one lift and you could end up waiting for a bit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank chiswick,london
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Very nice looking hotel, right on the Promenade and across the beach. The room was fine and the bathroom nice and modern, A little problem with the shower though - it wouldn't stay at an angle needed for use, the water ran towards the wall only. The personnel at the reception were very nice, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The staff in the restaurant was unfortunately a whole other story. At a business lunch, had to ask for water at least 3 times before getting it. There was also a problem with the elevator for a while. I had to walk 5 flights of stairs with the luggage. Noone offered to help me with it. The breakfast was OK but definitely not a 4 star quality or variety. But having a little espresso machine available for self-service was a good enough compensation!
We had a meeting in a large conference room. Probably one of the most beautiful conference rooms I have ever been too. Sculpted ceilings, frescos... But it smelled mold and the air conditioning units were quite old, noisy and blew very cold air in their closest vicinity while not reaching the rest of the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business