“Hotel Westminster is charming”

Westminster Hotel & Spa
Ranked #56 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Clifton Park, New York
“Hotel Westminster is charming”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Westminster for a little over a week while in Nice. I really liked the hotel a lot. It's in a great location. I had a room that overlooked the sea with a balcony. The room was spacious and the bathroom was a good size. The bed was very comfortable and the room was kept very clean. The breakfasts at the hotel were wonderful! There was a very wide variety of food to choose from. The staff worked hard to keep everything in good supply. I would recommend getting the breakfast if you stay at the hotel. The breakfast room itself was beautiful. The hotel is very close to bus stops along the Promenade des Anglais. It's also an easy walk to Old Town. I loved staying at the Hotel Westminster. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the noise from traffic the rooms facing the sea with balconies are lovely. I...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nalalachatte

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Llanfyllin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. But there are renovations going on directly under our room with angle grinding etc waking us up even on Easter Friday! We weren't warned when we booked it. They are also relaying the beach directly infront of the hotel with excavators and diggers. It is so noisy! There is no air conditioning so the rooms are very hot - not sure whether to open windows and we can't even speak to each other, or fry! Wish we had been warned because otherwise the hotel is lovely.

Room Tip: Check that all work to beach and hotel has finished before booking
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Sally O
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The reception was very bad .. when booked online it shows that check-in time is at 14:00, but when I arrived the hotel receptionist told me they have changed the check-in time to 15:00, but i received the room at 16:30 and the room was not ready and there was a water leak in the room and smelled very bad and when i complaint the make upgrade to suite but it was disappointing .. Nice is a beautiful country and i hope to visit it agin but i will never think to stay in this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is all about the location. It is walking distance to many important sights in Nice like the Old Town, Place Massena and Castle Hill. We stayed here for 3 nights, the room was ok but came with a view of the city. We had taken the breakfast inclusive package and it was worth it as you get to sit on the terrace with a view of the ocean, just wonderful..!! We were traveling with our 6 month old and found this to be a baby friendly hotel except that there were a few stairs on the front entrance. Hotel staff and front desk folks were helpful. We were satisfied with the overall experience.

Room Tip: The city view rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pranjali I
Nakskov, Denmark
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The room itself was OK. The view was great, and the location too. We really enjoyed the breakfast, and all staff were friendly and helpful. All was set for a top rating if it hadn't been for the bathroom. Low water pressure and a poor shower head. Not good for washing the hair. Besides, some of the water ended up on the floor because this 4 star hotel is has not equippoed it's bath rooms with any sort of screen or curtain in front of the bath tub. Inevitably you end up with a very wet floor.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Mediterranean have a great view, but be prepared for noise from the waves.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Stansted Mountfitchet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Check-in was smooth and friendly, although we did hear the receptionist tell the person in front of us that there was no AC, only heat. I can't personally imagine it being even slightly warmer weather and not having AC!

We opted for a sea view room. The room was clean, and the bed was very large. The pillows were very comfortable and the mattress was comfortable. Our balcony was the only balcony without chairs, which was odd. There is a door shade that is operated by light switch - we were very grateful for that in the mornings because it was quite bright! The actual door to the balcony does not block out ANY road noise. I am a very light sleeper, and didn't get much sleep at all over our two nights here. The first night, I slept under my pillow with earplugs in, but this wasn't enough, so the next night I slept listening to my iPod. The road outside the room is a major one, and there are TONS of motorbikes with altered exhausts to sound louder.

We had the €5 breakfast one morning, which is coffee or tea, and three mini pastries. This was perfectly acceptable. Couldn't get the wifi to work on any of our devices, except for at the reception desk - no in room wifi for us. Check-out went smoothly and, as always, the staff were very friendly. I know the price of the rooms are so high because of the location and the view, but in this instance, I think it is too much. I do not think I would stay here again, but if I did, I would take a standard room without a view and hope to get some sleep.

Room Tip: If you go for a sea view room, be very aware of the major road outside your bedroom.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We stayed four nights in a superior room, „city view“. Actually, from the (small) balcony I was able to see a bit of the fantastic blue of the Mediterranean. Still, next time I may choose the direct sea-view, I think it is worth it. The room, although “superior” was rather small, I don’t want to know how tiny the regular rooms are. Still, it was functional and clean, no complains. The bed was ok. The bathroom was indeed big and pleasing, but in the shower the water runs very poorly. Actually, I had some problems with the doors in that hotel. First, the room door had quite some gaps on all sides, especially between the floor and the door, through which light, noise and cold air passed into the room (I had to cover it with a blanket). Then, the door to the (separate) toilet squeaks, so you always wake up when your partner visits it at night, especially as the room is so tiny that you have it right next to your ear when you lie in bed.
The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The Wireless internet worked excellent and fast (I just don’t know why you need a separate code/ password for every device). I did not use the breakfast (but went next door). The situation of the hotel is excellent, right on the promenade/ beach and within 15 walking minutes to the old town. When we where there they just finished renovating the façade and the hotels definitely has its charms (but also its little defects, see above). For a few days still a good option.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business