“Great Location, Wonderful Accommodation and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
pwhitaker...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Location, Wonderful Accommodation and Fantastic Owner.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

The owner Tony is a pleasure to do business with - he is very helpful and professional. Everything is as described and the keys arrived in plenty of time. We arrived on a mid-morning flight and arranged to drop off our cases where we met the cleaner who showed us around before we headed off to the beach.

The apartment is clean and spacious. Given its city centre location - expect some noise if sleeping in the living room or the smaller bedroom at the front but it is very quiet in the wonderful master bedroom at the back even when sleeping with French windows wide open. No air conditioning but plenty of quiet fans and comfortable to sleep at night even in the middle of August. Powerful shower over bath and we never run out of hot water. We used the stairs instead of the lift but note that access to the lift is up a few steps so not suitable for wheelchair users.

Great location - just 3 mins to 2 supermarkets, 5 mins to public & private beaches (Voiller Plague) and about 20 mins stroll along the Promenade past all the street entertainers to the the quaint old town.

We caught the 99 bus from the airport to the apartment (6 Euros each) but saved money on the return trip to Terminal 1 by catching the local no 23 instead which stops close to the apartment (Gambetta/Promenade) (1.50 Euros each) and only takes about 10 mins longer.

With a large party we kept costs down by travelling everywhere on the bus. About 40 mins to Monaco and 2 hrs to Cannes for only 1.50 Euros each one way.

Liked best: Living Room and Master Bedroom
Liked least: Only 2 bedrooms so with 6 in our party we had to use both camp beds - with one in the 2nd bedroom next to the pull out bed and one in the living room.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
John C
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

This apartment is perfectly located for the beaches (both private and public) and for a gentle stroll along the Promenade to the Old Town and its many restaurants. There are several supermarkets nearby and some excellent boulangeries and patisseries. It is close to several bus routes and the main station is about 20 minutes walk away. The flat is well cared for and well ventilated (very important when the weather gets hot). There is a spacious sitting room with a small balcony. Rue Dante can be noisy but the main bedroom at the back is very quiet. We were there during July but I think the flat would also work well for people visiting Nice in the winter who need somewhere comfortable for the evening.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
1dizzy
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely apartment great location”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We have just returned from a long weekend in Nice, the apartment was everything you could hope for clean, great location, easy to keep cool on a hot summers day and near to the beach and central Nice. The cleaning was very friendly when we met her and the owner was very helpful and sent us local maps and details of restaurants near by, and advise on where to visit .

Liked best: The location
Liked least: The stairs but you could use a lift
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Cassie009
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Very good happy to go back to apartment”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Tony replied to my booking request within an hour of first contact, the apartment was spotless the cleaner was very friendly and we were able to share a joke with her and got on well, she was very polite. The apartment was a 10 min walk from the Negresco where I had a meeting with clients and therefore around the corner from the sea as I had been told.The keys were posted to me within 48 hours of my last minute booking.

Everything was as described, went very smoothly, and I would recommend it. Would happily go back and was sad that work prevented me from extending my stay which I seriously considered.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
roisintad...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Charming, tasteful apartment in a superb location”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
person found this review helpful

My family and I have just spent half term in this delightful, charming French apartment where we spent a week of carnival celebrations in the beautiful Nice sunshine. The apartment is so central: minutes from the stunning Promenade des Anglais; a relaxed stroll to the old town and comfortable distance from the port. Friends of ours joined us for the weekend and there was sufficient spare bedding ( as requested ) and ample sleeping facilities ( including two camp beds and a pull out bed). The two bedroom apartment was clean and spacious and excellently equipped. With a Lidl supermarket directly across the road, it is such a convenient place to stay for people with small children. Tony was lovely to deal with and provided a detailed list of tips to ensure it all went smoothly. All in all, I would highly recommend this delightful, quaint French apartment.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 19 July 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Liked best: nothing
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
20 Nov 2013
I lent over backwards to assist these visitors.
They wanted to arrive at the apartment at 8 o'clock in the morning. The normal arrival time is 4pm but this can be changed by prior arrangement. I contacted the visitors who were departing from the apartment that morning and fortunately they had a very early flight out of Nice . I arranged for my very nice cleaner to go in early and clean and prepare the apartment. She is an excellent cleaner and has worked for me for 13 years. She is always polite and respectful to all my visitors.
Normally I post the keys for my apartments to my visitors so that they have the comfort, convenience and confidence of knowing that they have the keys in their hands before they start their journey to Nice. I post keys all over the world. These visitors were from the Philippino Islands and did not want me to post keys to their home.
When there is not time to post the keys I arrange for my visitors to pick up the keys from a restaurant when they arrive in Nice. This method also works extremely well. They did not want me to do this either.
They wanted me to meet them at the apartment and hand the keys to them personally. I arranged for my cleaner to meet them at the apartment. She waited for 3 hours for them to arrive. In the end she called me and told me that she could not wait any longer as she had other work to go to. The visitors did not bother to contact me to tell me that they were running late. Some time later I received a text to say that they were outside the apartment and asking where is my cleaner with the keys. I told them that she had waited 3 hours for them. I said that she is not my, or their servant, and I would contact her and ask her to get a taxi and come straight back. I asked them to show her respect. I advised them that they should give her 50 euros to partly cover the 3 hours she had already wasted and for the taxi fare. They agreed. It is not true for them to now say that I would not give them the keys unless they gave her 50 euros. They were not forced to pay her for all the time they had caused her to waste.
Whilst they were waiting outside the apartment I had a telephone call from one of my very nice French neighbours who lives in the apartment building. He complained that there were 6 people with all their luggage camped outside the main door into the apartment building and making a lot of noise. This is a good neighbourhood and he was very annoyed. I asked him if he would kindly let them into the foyer of the building where they could wait. Reluctantly he agreed to do this for me, but I heard subsequently that they continued to mill around and cause a disturbance. ( I have since presented my neighbour with a case of wine as an apology.) In 14 years I have never had complaints from any of my French neighbours about any of my visitors, and I always respect my neighbous privacy and many of them are good friends of mine.
This is my most spacious, elegant and popular apartment.
I have 9 different apartments in Nice. My prices are the same as they were in 1999. I have never increased them, and this is just one of the reasons why I get so many re-bookings, referrals and recommendations. This apartment is very popular all-year round.
TDHLibert...
Liberty MO
“Very Convenient Apartment”
Reviewed 13 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed our stay at Tony Cremer-Price's Rue Dante apartment in Nice. Tony was very accommodating to us when arranging the rental. The apartment is located near the famous Hotel Negresco and in close walking distance to some caves and small shops, a supermarket, and the promenade along the sea. Unfortunately it's a ways from Nice's Old Town. Locals will tell you to walk, and it's a pleasant walk once or twice, but it's too long to enjoy every time you want to get to Old Town. We learned to use bus lines #9 and #10 and that made Old Town and the bus stations more convenient. The area is safe to walk, day or night.
The furnishings were dated, but comfortable. The apartment was very roomy. We didn't use the kitchen, but it appeared more than adequate. We enjoyed having a clothes washer - some instructions would have helped as it's not intuitive- but it was very helpful to have. We very much enjoyed our stay and being immersed in a safe neighborhood we otherwise might not have visited. We do wish that the apartment had wi-fi as the lack of it was inconvenient.
In summary, we would definitely recommend this apartment.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Young Children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing