Holiday Inn Nice
  • Room Service
US$425
US$313
  • Pool
All reviewsexecutive floorold towntrain stationshort walkhotel barfront desk staffhotel is locatedexcellent locationsea frontenjoyable staywithin easy walking distancecroissantssouth of francethe main shopping streetbreakfast roomfrench rivieramonte carlo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I'm staying at this hotel as I write this. The other reviews are correct in that the location is good, the hotel is basically clean and sound (although the air conditioning is sketchy at best, as others have noted), and despite some easily correctable but mystifying things (like only one towel despite a room with two beds and multiple people on the reservation), it's workable if overpriced. I've seen worse. BUT, it's bad enough (shocking, actually) that they charge anything for Internet access in 2012, and it's even worse that they charge a larcenous 30 euros, but if your party wants to use two iPhones and two laptops on wifi, you either have to pay 120 euros for four passwords or take turns, passing the wifi password around from person to person and device to device like an oxygen mask. I've never seen internet access limited to a single device at a time, and I travel a lot. So here I sit, warm in my 230 euro room, with one towel, unable to do my work effectively. I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn in maybe twelve years bc the last experience was a disaster. This one isn't quite as bad, but solid air conditioning, a towel, and Internet access isn't asking a lot, and this hotel is zero for three on that list.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Novelguy
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I arrived Nice really late from Nice Ville station and the hotel was not very far to take a taxi ride. It's located close to the city center and the facility was quite ok comparing with the price. Also luckily i got upgraded to the executive floor tho I didnt expect that. The staff there was helpful and really professional. My family enjoyed the stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CorrineLu
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a very busy conference. I booked late and frankly felt lucky to have found anything. It was really, really expensive. But, overall, rooms were nice, staff exceptional and location good enough. You can walk to the water, old town ,etc. Only complaint was that the internet seriously didn't work with my VPN. So, I had to leave and find another wifi to get work done.

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel. It overlooks a courtyard and is very quiet with a nice view of the mountains if you're on 7 or above.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2012

A swift in and out of Nice for a small conference. The Holiday Inn is centrally located. No grand views but on a pleasant Boulevard with the Plane trees coming into leaf. Guest services were very good and the rooms fine. The food was very good. A short walk to the seafront, although this could not be seen from the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I just got back from 4 nights at the Nice Holiday Inn. We really enjoyed our stay at the Nice Holiday Inn - it's a lovely hotel. The rooms are elegant and clean - great bathroom and very confortable beds. The location cannot be beat - 5 minute walk to the heart of the old town and the beach and lots of restaurants. The staff was very helpful when we needed assistance. We made several requests such as a blow dryer and ice - they were each brought to our room within minutes and with a smile. It's a great town to walk around in and I don't think we could have made a better choice in hotel. I hope to go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends