“Very friendly staff. Good city location.”
Review of Holiday Inn Nice

Holiday Inn Nice
Ranked #22 of 203 Hotels in Nice
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My first time staying at this hotel. The manager is so friendly and helpful. When I was checking in she asked if I'd ever been to Nice. When I replied no, she got a map out and showed me the hotel location and places to visit. (Very nice, because I always forget to ask for a map and I have to go back down to reception to get one).

The hotel location is great. Centrally located in Nice, near shopping, restaurants and the Promenade des Anglais.

Room was comfortable and spacious and clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
MERLIN06, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear DS,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for taking time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor. Laura is our Front Desk Manager and she will be glad to learn that you enjoyed her service.

All the reception team has studied Hotel Management and tourism and carries a long experience in the hotel industry in France and abroad. That’s why we know how important the quality of service and our guest’s satisfaction is and we do always our best to make our guest stays very special.

Looking forward to welcoming back very soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here as part of IHG rewards so got a good deal, was 5 to 10 minute walk from the beach but perfect for my needs. Room was on the small side but clean and comfortable. Breakfast was complete chaos, ran out of food, cups, cutlery and staff brought one spoon out at a time, gave it a miss after the first day and used a cafe which was much better and far more organised.
Close enough to walk to train station for trips to Cannes and Monaco which proved handy. Glad I stayed away from staying near the beach as it was far noisier at night than I anticipated but close enough to walk to the old town for dining out. No complaints about the hotel other than the breakfast being disorganised, staff were friendly and approachable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
MERLIN06, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Thingymejig,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are disappointed to learn of your breakfast service experience. On behalf of our team, I sincerely apologize for these shortcomings and assure you that this is not the level of service we typically provide.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and will address your concern with our staff.

We are glad you enjoy our location in the center of Nice and the quiteness of our rooms.and we look forward to provie exceptional service for you on your next visit!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel turned out to be a great location to serve as home base for all the things to do in and around Nice. Not only was it comfortable and clean, but the hotel staff couldn't be friendlier and went out of their way to be helpful!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MERLIN06, Responsable relations clients at Holiday Inn Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Airbus1999,

I am thrilled to hear that our staff services exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your kind words, we really appreciate it and I will be sure to share them with the team as I know they will be greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to enjoy our hotel and the French Riviera.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a great location with a good sized balcony. The bed was comfortable. Lots of restaurants near by and plenty of walks. Reception staff very helpful and hotel very clean. Bar rather expensive.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are marvellous
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Christine,

Thank you for taking time out to share your opinion. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Suite balcony, our beds, our location and the service provided by the front desk, I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The location is within walking distance of the beaches, Cours Saleya, the old town, and other major sites in Nice. The room has what everyone wants, WIFI, a comfortable bed, a clean bathroom, and a tiny refrigerator. This was a business trip for my husband and he had enough space to work in our room comfortably. The front desk staff were always helpful. We did not eat in the hotel but they do offer meals. Our habit is to go to the grocery and buy breakfast-y items, in France it is generally bread and cheese, orange juice, and fruit. There are very good restaurants located nearby if you do not want to venture to Jean Medecin or the Promenade des Anglais to check out the cafes there. I would stay here again, the price was right and location perfect.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Canrej,

Thank you for taking time out to share your wonderful experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our renovated fully-equipped rooms and your stay in Nice and will make sure to pass along these kind words to the front desk staff.

As you said the Holiday Inn Nice is convenient for people on holidays as well as for business. One good example is that It is located 5 mins walk from the Acropolis Convention Center and 5 mins walk far from the beach and the main sightseeing attractions of the city.

And speaking about the attractions of the city, I leave you this post by “the French Riviera Blog” about the new Promenade du Paillon, a new green public space inaugurated just 2 weeks ago:

Enjoy the reading and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay.

Victor

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This hotel is not perfect but it does have many good points.

The location is perfect for business (not on the seafront, parking right there - but expensive) and leisure (10 minutes walk to more restaurants than you can imagine, the seafront, the old town and so on). I have stayed several times and the hotel has been refreshed recently, I liked the room decor and the general feel.

Victor the front desk man is a great asset to this hotel, he proved his worth several times. We would recommend a room not facing the street to keep noise down - Nice is a busy place even late into the night - and suggest you try some of the bakeries nearby as well as the breakfast.

There were issues with the lifts, which I now understand are ongoing, and I hope they are sorted out soon. I would nonetheless recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

Room Tip: Go for rooms like 611 on the quiet side!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear FrequentTraveller921,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am so glad to see my name in your comment and I would like to thank my reception team and all my colleagues from the other departments, because without them my work wouldl be impossible.

I am so happy too to hear that you are pleased with the new feel of the hotel after the integral renovations we did in 2012. and rest assured that your comments regarding the lift will be shared with the direction team, normally it should be fixed by the end of this year and beginning of 2014 but for the moment our guests can keep taking our 2 lifts left.

Concerning the rooms it is true that the rooms at the back of the hotel are quitter but the ones at the front have a wonderful view to the bourgeois Boulevard Victor Hugo full of trees and historic buildings…

I really appreciate your comment and your kindness and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This hotel was clean and simple. It met our needs. The location made it more special. I think if we had stayed closer to the beach we would not have explored the town as much as we did -- so we enjoyed walking around town a lot.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Hasan S S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our location in Nice. Indeed we are right in the center of the city, 2 blocks far from the shopping area, the beach or the old town which is perfect for city explorers like you :-).

Hope to see you back soon.