“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 204 Hotels in Nice
Dublin, Ireland
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

First thing when you are walking in is a nicely designed interior, that was such a pleasure to my eyes, I really like to stay in this kind of places. Reception staff was very friendly. Room was clean and tidy. The hotel is small so do not expect very much. Most wonderful thing was that there was a food store just across the street. Location is perfect. Walking distance to everything in town. Would definately come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

My (now) fiancé & I stayed here for 3 nights on our surprise engagement trip. The reception staff were friendly, hospitable & spoke English really well. Lovely location: close to the beach, near a divine little bakery & supermarket. It was an easy walk to the old city as well as close proximity to public transport (busses). The hotel was contemporary in style & very clean. We took a day trip to Monaco (via train) which was thoroughly enjoyable! Highly recommended! Oh & free wi-fi!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard/sea are sunny
2 Thank Chantal K
Minnetonka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and spent 4 nights at this hotel on a trip to Nice recently. The location of the hotel was perfect for us - close to the beach area and an easy walk to the old city. We were able to access public transportation to get around the city. There many good restaurants in the area. I left my Sennheiser headphones locked safely in the room safe, contacted the hotel and they mailed the to me in the US!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank freuning
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

The location is great - just a block away from the Promenade des Anglais. Staff are friendly and it's very clean. I'd paid extra for a superior 'comfort' room which made me wonder what the standard rooms were like - it was a small room with the tiniest wardrobe.

This is a very safe option if you are choosing a hotel - but I think another time I'd pay a bit less and go somewhere else as it was the most expensive of the hotels I'd considered. I booked quite late, but they wanted full payment in advance which put me off slightly.

Do be warned about the loading/unloading noise from the supermarket opposite. I didn't mind the noise when it was at 8.30 in the morning, but it was a bit much to be woken up by it at 1.30am!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My (now) fiance and I stayed here for 4 nights on our engagement trip. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, and speak excellent English. The Promenade is half a block away with numerous dining and nightlife options, and there are also many retail options available nearby. I thought I had left valuables in the room and the hotel staff searched high and low for them after we had left for other parts of France, sending me updates on their search for the next few days, which is definitely more dedication than you get in the US. Fortunately I found my things buried in my suitcase when I returned home. Also, there is a grocery across the street which helps if you want to save money on snacks during your trip.

Room Tip: Room 46 has a beautiful view down the street toward the sea, The balcony outside is relatively priva...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Location/Getting there:-
The location is fantastic. We got the bus from the airport and it dropped us at the end of the road (look out for a restaurant called Cocodile) and get off there. The hotel is 15 mins from the old town and 1 min to the beach!

Hotel and Staff:-
The staff were very helpful and friendly. We couldn't check in until 3pm so left our bags in a side room. The hotel is nicely decorated.
Supermarket opposite which sells most things and is reasonably priced. We had breakfast included and it was mainly croissants, yoghurt, fruit, toast, cereal etc.

Room:-
The room was nice but quite small. The wardrobe was so narrow it wasn't wide enough for a coat hanger! There was a small table too. The toilet was separate to the shower room. Both quite small but OK. I think we had a standard room. The TV had about 20 channels but only BBC news in English.

Restaurants:-
We ate in the old town, at Cocodile, Jardins du Capitole and the Davisto Italian nearby. All were fantastic but quite expensive! Most waiters can speak some English but its probably advisable to greet them and order in French where possible. A meal for 2 (just main course and only 1 of us drinking) usually came to around £60.

Weather:-
We went at the beginning of October and it was about 20 degrees C and sunny most days.

Activities:-
We would recommend the bus tour which is hop on hop off and about £21 pp.
We also went to Monaco on the train which was fun. Return ticket pp about £7 (there's not a lot of English at the train station so remember your phrase book!)

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front of the hotel and with a balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elise186400
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here twice in Sept. Excellent location close to beach.
Rooms are small but tastefully decorated and clean.
Breakfast room is small but adequate with a good selection of continental style buffet.
We would definitely stay there again

1 Thank Jackal101