“Riding with the Professionals” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cycle Cote d'Azur - CLOSED

More attraction details
Owner description: Cycle Côte d’Azur gives you the chance to ride some of the most scenic, challenging and cycle friendly mountain roads in the world! We are a small and friendly cycle tour company that offers day rides, bike hire and full tour packages in Nice and the wider Côte d’Azur. We welcome all cyclists and we have rides of different levels of difficulty, so no matter your level of ability there is a ride for you. You will gain new fitness, skills, confidence.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Riding with the Professionals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I came across the guys from cycle Cote d' Azur on the internet whilst planning a trip to nice.

Having not been to Nice before I decided to book a ride with a guide so that I could just follow along and not get lost somewhere in Monaco!

My guide was john who was very professional and kept me safe by pointing out all the danger on the roads as we descended. John also talked me through the various sections of the climb so I could measure my effort and not blow up before I made it over the Madone.

We were stopped part way up the Madone and ran into Richie Porte and Chris Froome out on a training ride. It is awesome riding along side these guys!

My hire bike was also great with the exception of the rear derailleur being slightly too close to the spokes causing a clicking sound, annoying but didn't cause me any grief.

All up it was a great day out and I would definitely recommend the guys for anyone visiting the area in need of an organized ride.

2 Thank DamienLee1

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cote d'Azur - A Cyclists must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was fortunate to join some industry colleagues/friends on a Spring training three day tour

It was a really great trip all very well organised by Claire Blackie and her team. The ride leaders in Anton, Levi and John were perfect - relaxed, informative, fun, inspiring (cyclists) and safe. We did Col de Mondane, Bause and Vence, as well as some great coffee stops too. They even 'organised' the sun, the Paris-Nice ride and the Froome-dog to be there for us too!

Simple, but clean rooms at Hotel Clair, all wrapped around an enchanting, quiet courtyard with very friendly hosts and a great 'power' breakfast to kick start the day

For keen cyclists, this is a must and I will be going again

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Panini2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Spring training”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

I organised a trip for 15 cyclists of mixed ability for early Spring. It was a brilliant trip, the variety of routes and guides were perfect, they were patient with the slower riders and challenging for the good ones. The in depth knowledge of where to go for coffee and other stops on the way were excellent. We also had the added bonus of a short spin with Ian Boswell and Josh Edmonson, we saw Froomey and Tejay Van Garderen out training and then caught the last stage of Paris Nice.

Excellent trip, basic but very clean and very welcoming accommodation. The best cyclists breakfasts that you could desire.

All in all I would happily recommend them.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank James P
Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great prep for IM France!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I rented a Specialized bike from Cycle Cote d'Azur in June 2013 for IM France- brought my pedals, seat and helmet and the bike was great. Can't say enough about the pre-ride for the Ironman, it was awesome to see the whole course, hopping out and riding the key descents with Levi, our guide. Claire and Annika gave us background on the course along the way, and Levi helped on positioning during the descents. It really makes a difference to follow a skilled rider on the downhills. Excellent prep for the race, and a nice way to see the course -- if you are not used to descending at speed, this day package will do wonders!!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Runmini
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“must do for cyclists visiting Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I happened across Cycle Cote d'Azur on the internet while looking for an outfit that could provide me with challenging guided half-day tours while visiting Nice. I also wanted an outfit that would rent me a relatively good road bike for the rides. I ended up doing 3 half day rides of about 100K each, which included at least one 10K climb per ride. The guides were great cyclists, very knowledgeable as far as the area, and good fun. The bike wasn't high end but definitely good enough. If you rent a bike from them then remember to bring your own pedals and arrive a little early to give yourself time to do a quick bike fit. The challenge rides that I did are definitely not for the casual cyclist so heed their warning that you need to be experienced to participate in one of those. All in all, a fantastic outfit I wouldn't hesitate for a second to use again or refer people to.

Visited July 2013