“Very central locatiom”

Ranked #14 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Very central locatiom”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel as a part of our French riviera tour for 2 nights. It is very central and the price is ok if you only need the hotel to sleep at night. We did not have the breakfast at the hotel, we have chosen the old city for that. There is a carpark very next to the hotel. We paid around 20 euros for a day. If you just need a decent hotel to stay at night and enjoy all day outside, it is a good choice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We truly enjoyed out stay at Hotel le Florence. It was in a perfect, safe location right in the center of a shopping district. The train station was a 10 minute walk one way, the beach was 10 minutes the other way. It was also located right off of a tram stop. The staff was very warm and welcoming and everyone spoke excellent English. They even gave us a welcome gift when we arrived. The room was very spacious by French standards. The bed was a true queen size and was very comfortable. Both the bedroom and bathroom were clean and well kept. We would definitely recommend this hotel for your stay in Nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dana L
Dublin, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We arrived at the hotel a little after noon on a Saturday. When I arrive at that time at a small hotel in Europe, I usually expect that we will have to check our bags and not be able to access the room until about 4 PM. To our delight, the lady at the front desk immediately issued the room key.

The rooms are small, but very well designed. There is essentially no waste space, with everything we wanted squeezed in efficiently. The queen-sized bed has comfortable bedding. There are two tiny boards attached to the wall on either side of the bed to serve as nightstands with an electrical outlet under each stand. My husband and I both use CPAP machines, so the boards were perfect for the CPAP's. There are closets on either side of the bed. The one between the bed and the bathroom has a safe. There was a small desk (that works perfectly as a luggage space for a roll-aboard suitcase and an extra chair that served as a stand for my husband's roll-aboard suitcase.

The bathroom is also very small and well designed. The sink is relatively large for the size of the room. There is a shower with the European-style glass panel instead of a shower door. It was immaculately clean. As is common in Europe, there was a wall-mounted container of liquid soap/bodywash/shampoo instead of individual small bottles and bar soap. Facial tissues are provided in addition to toilet tissue. The bathroom is well lighted.

Everything worked perfectly. We were on the second floor and there was no street noise. The hotel is at the intersection of two pedestrian streets, so there is no street traffic near the hotel.

The air-conditioning worked well and we slept well.

We had just gotten off a two week cruise, so one priority was to get some good local food. As soon as we got settled in the room, I went to the front desk to ask the lady there to make some lunch and dinner reservations. We discussed where we should go and the issue of which restaurants were open on Sunday. She suggested a place in the old city for lunch and made a reservation for us and made reservations for dinner that night and lunch and dinner on Sunday.

On Sunday, I asked her whether I should go to the Chagall or the Matisse museum. She said that both were excellent and said that I should go to both. She provided information on the bus to the museums and printed out the bus schedule for both going and the return trip. (I had previously observed her giving equivalently detailed bus directions to another woman.) It was a pleasantly cool day and I am a walker, so I ended up walking both ways, but was glad to have the option of the bus if I was tired.

We booked a 30 Euro transfer to the airport through her for 8:15 AM on Monday morning. The driver was right on time. he had a clean, comfortable van and spoke excellent English.

The cold breakfast goes beyond just cold. There was a system for boiling yourself an egg to order. In addition to the traditional croissants and chocolate-filled rolls, there was a loaf of brioche from which you could cut yourself a slice and a toaster to toast it. There was also a coffee, hot chocolate, etc machine. There was also juice, yogurt, cold cereal, and cheese. When you check-in you can take the room with or without the breakfast. The breakfast costs 12 euros.

I am a picky traveler and rarely have a stay when I have no complaints. I had no complaints. I was amazed by how helpful and friendly the lady at the front desk was.

I was trying to get some exercise, so except when we were checking in or out, I took the stairs. The elevator is very small and barely accommodates two people with one suitcase.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My bathroom was not cleaned very well. The tv in the room was not working. The hotel furnishing was really old (creaky cabinets that didn't shut properly and old creaky wooden floor panels). Rooms were very small. Shampoo and body wash is provided via a all-in-one wash. Breakfast was very basic - no hot food save for some eggs which you cook yourself in a pot of hot water. Wifi connection was annoying and unreliable. They give you a lengthy username and password for each device and you have to reconnect everyday. The login also stopped working halfway through our stay (it is supposed to last throughout the stay) and we had to get new passwords. The lifts are really small - can't fit more than 2 people.

Except for the location, I can't think of a single thing I liked really. Find someplace else!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T9797
Hotel-FLORENCE-Nice, Owner at Grand Hotel le Florence, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay and thanks for your review on TripAdvisor.

You are very hard with us and we accept your comments.

That's right, a large part of our room are not big but we tried to make a nice decoration, different of the other hotel. We are very central in NICE and the city is old then a lot of hotel have small room like a lot in Europ.
You speak about the cleaning in the bath, did you ask it ? I hope that you see that the bathroom was new (since Feb 2014) but i agree with you, it will be clean.

For the TV, I hope that you ask the problem to our reception because we have a technicien inside for that.
The champoo and the body is the same system like the most hotel in the world ! our product is ECOLABEL.

Our lift can accept 4 persons (max 300 kg), these is the law !

We appreciate your comment because our hotel and his staff are developping with all comments. Service is very important for us and we work hard for that.

Best Regards

Christine and Nicolas PATAT
Managers / Owners.
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Just back from two nights at the Hotel Florence in Nice, my friends booked this for us for our girlie weekend away and really I cannot fault our experience, staff are friendly and always on hand if you need them, it was really very clean and beds were comfortable. Fantastic central location 15 mins from the beach and with shops, bars and restaurants on its doorstep. Will be looking to back very soon with my husband to be.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely little hotel in a good location - just off the main shopping street and a 10 minute walk to the promenade. The staff is very helpful in terms of giving us helpful tips and maps of nice and the nearby villages. We had opted for a twin room which was of decent size. Clean and modern.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amby84
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed in the hotel for three nights. Extremely wonderful, helpful staff, no question to big or small there were 4 people that we met 3 gentlemen and one lady and they each one were extremely helpful customer service is this hotels strong suit. The hotel is in a good location. Close to the tram stop and walking distance to the beach and plenty of any kind of restaurant you can imagine. And cute shops all near the old ton and within 10 min. Walk. Hotel room. The bed was very comfortable and he comforter was so wonderful but the room wouldn't cool down enough so that I could really enjoy it and toooo noisy outside to leave the windows open. The shower is very nice and high powered but floods the entire floor so do not lay your cloths or anything you don't want to get wet The temp in the room and the water on the floor is the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars. We only ate breakfast one morning. It was extremely extremely crowded and wasn't much more than bread, canned fruit and one coffee machine. People falling over each other to get a refill. So many place near by to have good coffee and pastries and if you walk down to old town area full breakfasts.

Room Tip: If you have a room with shutters, and want to sleep late remember to shut them and the drapes