“Fantastic Hotel”

Grand Hotel le Florence
Ranked #14 of 204 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was very comfortable to stay in Nice. It was just off the main shopping strip and just a short walk to the beach. Was very clean and the reception was helpful. The breakfast was only 12 euro and was good. Had eggs, fresh bread, fruit salad yogurt and musli.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Tastefulbuds

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is a really lovely little hotel, close to the Main Street, so easy to find if you head for the tram line and a good distance from the old town and beach. For a change I ended up booking directly with the hotel which was brilliant. We ended up extending our trip elsewhere for one night, although I had cancellation till 4pm on day of arrival, I still expected to pay for our full stay when I phoned about 1pm. I got a call back explaining that I wouldn't be charged for the first night as I had called before 4. I just thought it was lovely service to phone me back about this . We felt the staff throughout the hotel were very good but Sophie is so good (she is the one that phoned me and recalled us the next day) I expected the room to be small from reading reviews but didn't actually think they were that small. It was really clean and I really liked the ecological aspect. The breakfast was lovely and was half price as a result of direct booking and they have free internet and printing which was great for the Ryanair flight home !

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Booked the room for 140 Euro without breakfast, which comes with extra €12 euro with the good choices, however this was a price in the high season. The hotel is clean, standard, comfy beds, nothing to complain about, also location is perfect. But this is Nice, the price seems to be no issue for a number of tourists flocking the streets from the Northern Europe and the place was full.
There are not many 'bad' things that I could share with you, so if you are not worried to pay this price for a 3* location, you should go for the choice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with our ten month old baby for 3 nights.the staff are super friendly and so helpful.the room (408) was small but having read reviews and looked at pics I expected it.the bathroom is also small but the room was very clean.air con I couldn't get to work but we just opened the window.the cot for the baby was very sturdy and clean, not like most travel cots you get in hotels. There is a fridge and hairdryer in room however there is no kettle. We needed to make bottles for the baby and the staff were very helpful and let us use the kettle in the bar.high chair is also available in breakfast room /bar. The location of the hotel is superb.it is so central, just off main st. We never bothered to use the tram as everything is so nearby. The old town is probably 10-15 mins stroll and place massena with the fabulous water jets is prob 10 mins. The promenade is 15 mins walk. Taxi to airport is €35. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Nice and in this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sandracork
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Overall I was not impressed with this hotel. Normally I would not complain about the size of a room but this was a little bit absurd. The room size kept me from being in the room for very long.

Pros- Great location- right next to the old city and easy to find transportation to pretty much anywhere
Bed- The bed was very comfortable
Overall hotel- It was nice to have a lobby and the staff were not super friendly but no super rude. Price of the room was not too bad really

Cons- The size of the room we had was a bit ridiculous. It was hard to get around the room without banging into something
Bathroom- worst part of the hotel. The shower and toilet are connected so if you take a shower the water runs into the area of the toilet
The bathroom was so small YOU COULD NOT SIT ON THE TOILET STRAIGHTFORWARD. you had to sit sideways on the toilet
No decent shampoo or even toilet paper. Shampoo and body wash were one in the same.
They claim the hotel is eco friendly but really they are just cheap...

Room Tip: Worth it to upgrade to a bigger room. The regular room is WAY too small.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chriis219
A FlipKey verified reviewer
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Felt a little shocked at the room size.We knew in france and central location they are small but this one was really small and since the wardrobe was also not properly utilised as the door cant open because of chair and desk the clutter of our stuff makes it look even smaller.Gradually developed a liking for it principally because the staff is excellent and the location is within walking distance of train bus tram market etc.The decor creates a homely environment,room service was good and rooms/bathrooms were neat despite the size.We had a trip of our life because staff really guided us well about the places to see.Shifted to a high end harbor hotel for last 2 days because of prior booking but missed warmth of this hotel.Wd recommend it definitely.
Improvement needed :
- tea/coffee arrangements in room
- breakfast gud but highly priced
- charger should be available on guarantee money

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple