“Nice evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cave Wilson

Cave Wilson
Ranked #11 of 39 Nightlife in Nice
More attraction details
Owner description: Bar Gay Nice - Before - AfterWork - Cabaret - the Cave aux Folles 16, Rue Gubernatis / 06000 Nice Open every day except Tuesday from 6:00 p.m. to 0:30
London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Nice evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We passed by and book a table for the evening. When we arrived there was only few tables taken so we could choose where we would like to sit. We were offered a wine list and food menu. Antoine explained everything to us and helped us with wines, also asked for our budget per bottle so he could choose the right one for us. We ended up having sharing platter of hams and cheeses which was very tasty and quite enough for both of us. Wine was delicious. Ended up having two bottles :) Antoine was on his own at the beginning so havind only 3 tables we waited for so long to be served but we didnt mind. He came few time to apologise and then probably his son? came to help him. Music started ok, something between blues and jazz but as the evening went on it turn out to be 80 and 90's music so I could have easily given it a miss as we were attracted by jazz leaflet. Lot of people stood up and went to dance which was nice to see but the music wasn't my cup of tea and had nothing to do with jazz. Overall evening was ok but wouldn't have to go back. Also there is entrance fee 5 euros per person.

Visited May 2014

Nice, France
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“A very enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We made a dinner reservation for a Friday night two weeks ago. We knew they were having entertainment that night. We arrived at eight o'clock and were seated right away. Cave Wilson's owner is knowledgeable about wine and also very welcoming. My girlfriend and I ordered the curry chicken with rice and my husband had the cheese and charcuterie plate which was huge. We all enjoyed our dinners and washed them down with a lovely bottle of reasonably priced wine. The Cave Men were playing that evening and we stayed until 11:30pm when the music ended. They were great! This was our second visit to Cave Wilson and we plan to return very soon. I highly recommend it for a fun night out!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Suzannedlv
Callander, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“What an experience!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Where do I start! Booked a certain table to see the jazz band, when we arrived were given a different table by the door instead. 51 times the door was opened in an hour and a half with people going back and forth. When the food finally arrived after nearly an hour there was not very much of it and it was cold! The service was also dreadful. Finally when the bill arrived we were charged per person for the jazz band on top of the price for the meal and wine. In all an experience I would not like to repeat, I will NOT be back!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jacqueline V
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great place for an evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Cave Wilson offers a variety of wine from France. The food was outstanding. The entertainment was great. Allowed out group to have a wonderful evening trying many regional favorites. We will be back!

1 Thank LLenke
Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“delicious food, fantastic wine, brilliant service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

My parents and I visited Nice earlier this week and decided to have dinner at Cave Wilson on the Tuesday night. We were immediately enticed by the vast number of wines on display and the pleasant warming atmosphere. Before entering, we had a look at the menu and we was surprised to see how minimal it was. However every dish looked delicious and we were immediately torn between every option. The phrase 'quality not quantity' is very relevant here. With my father being a wine connoisseur, it wasn't long before he was torn between many of the wines on the wine list. Antoine (manager) was very helpful with his advice and recommendations and with his and my fathers combined knowledge the wine we chose and had with our food was the best we tasted all holiday (and we had a lot!). Its also worth memtoining that the wine etiquette was spot on! This certainly proved to us that Antoine had an impressive understanding on wine, with Antoine and my father locked in conversation. The bar was quiet that night due to bad weather, however Antoine's engaging and friendly nature soon created a relaxed and lively atmosphere. The food was brilliant and all in all we knew that our experience had been genuine. We soon learnt that jazz bands play at the weekend, this was unfortunate for us as we were to leave for England on the Friday, otherwise we would of definitely gone! If you have a passion for wine, food and music then this will be for you!

Visited February 2014