All reviewsold townplace garibaldiwater pressuretea and coffee making facilitiespleasant staylong weekendthe bus3minportconventionreceiptionvillefranchecons
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This hotel has a good location, 5 mins from place Garibaldi, so it's about 20 mins from place Massena and Cours Saleya (the very center of Nice). But that's really the only thing I liked about this hotel. The reception area&the breakfast area look all right. The lifts sound unsecure and when you get out on the 2nd floor there's a blue wall to wall carpet with large stains. The room was ok apart from: insufficient lights, half-broken switches, no door for wardrobe, broken cap for toilet flushing, weird smell in bathroom&toilet, and it didn't look anything like on the photos on the hotel's website. Also, we found our door open when we got back to the room,I guess the cleaning lady didn't close it properly. The room just doesn't look decent enough for a 3 star hotel in the city center.
Breakfast was plentiful, the staff at the reception were all right too.
Anyway, as a tour leader I've been to many hotels and unfortunately I can't always choose where my agency sends me, but I wouldn't choose this hotel for myself.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TanjaD
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We only ended up at this hotel because of the tour we were doing with a group. Walked into the hotel lobby all seemed nice. The room was dirty, carpet had lots of stains. The bathroom, was smelly and shower area mouldy. It was hard to shower looking around you. And when we went out of our room to get the elevator, that foyer bit smelt like urine, the only way to describe it. Dont know how much it cost the tour operators, but they really skimped out on that one! Surronding area outside not much better. Location not bad, not far from transport, and Maccas, the only food I knew that was familiar. The bed was ok, not that comfy, felt like we were sleeping on an old door. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Get some photos!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank 2manybags121
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I really enjoyed stay in this hotel..first of all because the location is really convenient..It near to the beach,,to the old town and shopping center and also the train station.. The staff also really nice to me..and they know everything about Nice so it really helpful even though you don't know anything about Nice and the surrounding area.. The room is clean and very comfortable,, the only problem I had was the Air Con in my room..It was very hot.. I try to tell the reception several time until they turn it into the maximum as the reception told me..But at the end it still very hot..I think it was only my room until when I checked out from the hotel..The other guest also complained about the room that was too hot.. Beside that matter this hotel is really nice.. I will come back to this hotel for sure if they fix the Air Con problem..

Room Tip: Try to book it online..Cheaper!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2011

To whom it may concern,

I was on a European tour with Trafalgar and stayed at the Hotel Apogia Nice and was very disappointed.The service at this hotel was very poor and I had an unpleasant experience with one of the hotel clerks Denise, I had received a dirty room when I checked into the hotel. The bathroom shower curtain was soiled with brown stains, the bed sheets had a large yellow stain that looked like urine on it and the rug was also soiled. The room had a dissatisfying odor, it was so unbearable. I went downstairs to the hotel desk and spoke to Denise and requested a change of room. She asked me what was wrong with the room and what I meant by dirty. I explained to her what the room looked like and she yelled at me, she said that the room was clean and there was nothing wrong with it.

She then threw me a new room key and told me to look at it, when I returned from the new room I told her that it was also unpleasant and she began to shout at me in front of other hotel guests. I felt so embarrassed and asked to speak to my tour guide, Denise then told me I could see another room and she came with me. When we walked in the room it was a mess, there was literally trash all over the floor and wet towels on the bed. I walked out and told her I wanted a clean room, she stepped very close to my first and told me that I was being unreasonable and that Americans are spoiled and I should take my business elsewhere. Hotel guests came out of their rooms to see what the yelling in the hallway was about. I was scared and did not know if Denise was going to become physical, I walked away from her and went to my room.

I was so upset that I called my tour guide and told him I wanted to leave. I was crying uncontrollably and was humiliated, it was the worst experience of my entire life. But, after speaking to my tour guide he managed to get a room for me on the same floor that he was on in case Denise came looking for me.

I ask that someone please speak to Denise and teach her some customer service skills and etiquette. No one should ever have to feel that way that I did that day. I am very disturbed by this and will definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank staceyusaf
Reviewed 22 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference in Nice. This hotel is very near to the conference center so that was convenient. The rooms were quite average although they were not very clean. The duvets do not have covers (and do not look as if they are washed often, for sure not for each different guest).

The worst experience though was with the maids. While I was showering, the maid came into my room. After I asked her to come back, she returned in five minutes (while I was still in the shower). She left again and came back AGAIN while I was getting dressed. This all happened between 9 and 9:20 am. There is no way to deadbolt the doors so I really didn't know how to prevent this from happening. The maid did not speak any English and I speak very little French. When I talked to the front desk about it, they didn't really seem to see it as an issue. My colleagues also had this same problem, one of them was actually in bed and she came in twice while he was trying to sleep! This problem is quite ridiculous sounding but honestly was a bit weird for us being as we stayed here 4 days.

The breakfast is GREAT though! Lots of variety of hot and cold foods.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business