All reviewsold townplace garibaldiwater pressuretea and coffee making facilitiespleasant staylong weekendthe busport3minconventionreceiptionvillefranchecons
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I didn't have any problems mentioned in the previous reviews, but I stayed only for one night, so that should also be taken into consideration.
The location is great for exploring the city on your own.
Our room was big and spacious, the bathroom functioned well, but somebody left their cheese (smelly french one, of course!) in the mini bar, so it was quite a bad experience when we opened it... But the staff was very understanding when we made the complaint!

The breakfast was very good - a solid choice of food, enough room for all guests, good coffee.

All in all, it was a pleasant stay, and I would come back to the same hotel next time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LadyGoga
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The first thing you need to know about Nice, is it is a bit rough around the edges. Unless you pay the big bucks, you get what you need. This hotel is so popular, that as soon as one room is vacated, someone else is ready to move in, which makes it difficult to keep up with the up keep.
They have cleaned up a lot over the last couple of years, with a new fresh look to the rooms, and flat screen TVs. Most of the rooms have a nice double bed and a single beside it. There is lots of dresser space and lots of plug sockets. The baths are a bit dated, but the rooms are quiet as there is a double door system, with the separate toilet off the hall.
You are 10 minutes walk from the harbor, 15 minutes walk from the old town, and 12 minutes from the local train station should you want to explore the coast. The staff are nice and helpful, and there is a big underground parking lot, which is hard to find in Nice.
I've been there lots of times with no problems.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank burnie100
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This hotel has a good location, 5 mins from place Garibaldi, so it's about 20 mins from place Massena and Cours Saleya (the very center of Nice). But that's really the only thing I liked about this hotel. The reception area&the breakfast area look all right. The lifts sound unsecure and when you get out on the 2nd floor there's a blue wall to wall carpet with large stains. The room was ok apart from: insufficient lights, half-broken switches, no door for wardrobe, broken cap for toilet flushing, weird smell in bathroom&toilet, and it didn't look anything like on the photos on the hotel's website. Also, we found our door open when we got back to the room,I guess the cleaning lady didn't close it properly. The room just doesn't look decent enough for a 3 star hotel in the city center.
Breakfast was plentiful, the staff at the reception were all right too.
Anyway, as a tour leader I've been to many hotels and unfortunately I can't always choose where my agency sends me, but I wouldn't choose this hotel for myself.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TanjaD
Reviewed 7 December 2011

We only ended up at this hotel because of the tour we were doing with a group. Walked into the hotel lobby all seemed nice. The room was dirty, carpet had lots of stains. The bathroom, was smelly and shower area mouldy. It was hard to shower looking around you. And when we went out of our room to get the elevator, that foyer bit smelt like urine, the only way to describe it. Dont know how much it cost the tour operators, but they really skimped out on that one! Surronding area outside not much better. Location not bad, not far from transport, and Maccas, the only food I knew that was familiar. The bed was ok, not that comfy, felt like we were sleeping on an old door. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Get some photos!!!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank 2manybags121
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I really enjoyed stay in this hotel..first of all because the location is really convenient..It near to the beach,,to the old town and shopping center and also the train station.. The staff also really nice to me..and they know everything about Nice so it really helpful even though you don't know anything about Nice and the surrounding area.. The room is clean and very comfortable,, the only problem I had was the Air Con in my room..It was very hot.. I try to tell the reception several time until they turn it into the maximum as the reception told me..But at the end it still very hot..I think it was only my room until when I checked out from the hotel..The other guest also complained about the room that was too hot.. Beside that matter this hotel is really nice.. I will come back to this hotel for sure if they fix the Air Con problem..

Room Tip: Try to book it online..Cheaper!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple