All reviewsold townplace garibaldiwater pressuretea and coffee making facilitiespleasant staylong weekendthe bus3minportconventionreceiptionvillefranchecons
Reviewed 15 July 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights during a European tour, the hotel was located within walking distance of a number of restaurants and quite close to the tram line that went into the main tourist and commercial area of Nice. There's also a laundry which is about five minutes walk away. The room was quite comfortable though not large, we slept well and everything worked. The breakfast was a bit sparse, not much in the way of hot food and they were a bit slow to get going.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Apogia Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your constructive comment on Tripadvisor.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to the Cote d'Azur.

Yours sincerely,

Staff Apogia Nice

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Sadly, despite recent attempts at a make-over this hotel was dull, rough around the edges, poorly serviced and uncomfortable. Basic but smart looking rooms were no indication of anything as renovations being uncompleted meant old carpet was rolled up in the car park, signs were missing or handwritten and a wood workshop was visible and unmanned. Sawdust everywhere. The staff were indifferent and unclear about what was included in the room price; offering breakfast on arrival and suggesting it was included then the following morning wanting to charge for it. They also charged an additional amount for parking without prior discussion. The air-conditioning did not work making the room like a furnace and the sheets were like cardboard. These kinds of function three to four star hotels have only a couple of simple things to get right - comfort, information and simple but friendly service. They failed. Horrible.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I went to this hotel and stayed one night with my tour group. From all hotels I've visited during my tour, this hotel has the the most friendly staffs, especially the man who helped me and my aunt with our suitcase, even the small one, he's helpful.
It's not too far from the beach, so my group and I could visit it at night.
Nice breakfast too, and nice room. The bathroom was clean. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
ApogiaHotelsGroup, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Apogia Nice, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us.
I am delighted that we were able to make your stay even more special and I have shared your feedback with the whole team who were equally thrilled.
We all very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

With kind regards,
Apogia Nice

Reviewed 31 May 2012

Bland, Boring and Bad Service. Now for location to the Quay this hotel is well located, however it is a distance from the shopping and heritage area of Nice. It is also currently under renovations. We arrived on a weekend, maybe the friendly staff have leave then. We were greeted indifferently at check in and at every breakfast. In fact we were never greeted at all at breakfast, the staff scurried around avoiding eye contact. The breakfast boring and lacked freshness - for France this was very disappointing. On several occasions there was only one staff member on the front desk coping with guests, whilst others stood by ignoring the situation. In fact one afternoon my husband sat in the bar area assuming it was closed, as no one offered him a drink. Some new guests who were upset by a late checkin, were quickly pacified by the Receptionist calling another staff member to provide them with drinks whilst still ignoring my husband. The decor is being updated. Culture change required for this hotel. If you could think of a plus - parking underground but charged, great Restaurant across the road, Cafe Gai and the Comedy Centre next door.

Room Tip: Ensure that the room has been renovated
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple